PDA

View Full Version : Schaublin

Dave
03-07-2001, 09:12 PM
Looking to correspond with owners and other interested parties concerning Schaublin lathes and milling machines. I have one of their 102VN lathes and one of their series 13 milling machines. I am looking for some parts for the milling machine, specifically the change gears for the power drive of the dividing head and a tail stock for the dividing head, but also interested in exchanging any information. Anybody know anything about this company and their machines?

Windshadow Engineering
03-19-2001, 12:47 PM
I own a Schaublin 102 for fine work... and I have been able to get spares and things like collets from Sobel in NJ

~Randolph Lee

casy_ch
03-25-2001, 03:33 PM
casy_ch
I´m not a particularly fan of Schaublin, but I could help in someway living in Switzerland.

The company has closed 1 1/2 year ago and the machine part has been bought by 3 machine dealers in order to insure the further production of the 102 only and the spares parts for the others models.
Regards
Jean-Claude

Dave
03-25-2001, 05:59 PM
I heard the company had been sold. That's a shame,,,sounds like the beginning of the end.
From what I can gather from their web site, the machine division and the tool holder division have been seperated. I don't see how the machine division can remain viable with just the 102 and spare parts as their product.
Jean-Claude, have you ever looked into sourcing some Schaublin or Aceria tooling in your location and selling it on ebay. Those names sure seem to bring a premium there. I'm wondering if machines and tooling are any cheaper closer to the source.

Milacron of PM
04-02-2001, 12:38 AM
Jean-Claude, are you familiar with the large machine tool catalog companies here in the USA, such as MSC, J & L, Travers Supply, Enco, etc. ? The reason I ask, is I am very curious if there exist a similar situation in Switzerland ? In other words, is there a company that publishes a catalog with tooling and acessories that caters to Aciera, Schaublin, Schaffner, Dixi, SIP and other Swiss and/or German machines ? If so, I would "kill" to have a copy ! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif