PDA

View Full Version : OT Darwin Awards

Spin Doctor
02-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Caught this from one of my kids sites

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23586&si d=95837091a8df246f2f2cc710df46b901 (http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23586&sid=95837091a8df246f2f2cc710df46b901)

BE SURE YOU READ THE WINNER AT THE END!!
2004 Darwin Awards: The Darwin Awards honor people who did the "gene pool" the most service by killing themselves in the most extraordinarily stupid way. The candidates this year are:

+ Police in Windsor, Ontario said Daniel Kolta, 27, and Randy Taylor, 33, died in a head-on collision, thus earning a tie in the game of chicken they were playing with their Snowmobiles.

+ In Detroit, a 41-year-old man got stuck and drowned in two feet of water after squeezing head first through an 18-inch-wide sewer grate to retrieve his car keys.

+ A 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who "totally zoned when he ran," accidentally jogged off a 100-foot-high cliff on his daily run. (hummmm this guy could have been suicidal)

+ Buxton, NC: A man died on a beach when an 8-foot-deep hole he had dug into the sand caved in as he sat inside it. Beach-goers said Daniel Jones, 21, dug the hole for fun, or protection from the wind, and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom Thursday afternoon when it collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free him while about 200 people looked on. Jones was pronounced dead at a hospital.

+ Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed in Lompoc, CA, as he fell face-first through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth (to keep his hands free) rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.

+ According to police in Dahlonega, GA, ROTC cadet Nick Berrena, 20, was stabbed to death in January by fellow cadet Jeffrey Hoffman, 23, who was trying to prove that a knife could not penetrate the flak vest Berrena was wearing.

+ Paul Stiller, 47, was hospitalized in Andover Township, NJ, and his wife Bonnie was also injured, when a quarter-stick of dynamite blew up in their car. While driving around at 2 AM, the bored couple lit the dynamite and tried to toss it out the window to see what would happen, but apparently failed to notice the window was closed.

+ TACOMA, WA: Kerry Bingham had been drinking with several friends when one of them said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more heated and at least 10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 am. Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no one had brought a bungee rope. Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and pointed out that a coil of lineman's cable lay nearby. One end of the cable was secured around Bingham's leg and the other end was tied to the bridge. His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot off at the ankle. He miraculously survived his fall into the icy river water and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. "All I can say "said Bingham, "is that God was watching out for me on that night." Bingham's foot was never located.

+ AND THE WINNER:

Overzealous zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt (Paderborn, Germany) fed his constipated elephant Stefan 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally let it fly. Investigators say Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded on him.

"The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground, where he struck his head on a rock and lay unconscious as the elephant continued to evacuate his bowels on top of him" said flabbergasted Paderborn police detective Erik Dern. With no one there to help him, he lay under all that dung for at least an hour before a watchman came along. During that time he suffocated.

This accident gives new meaning to the old expression "S*%t happens."

[This message has been edited by Spin Doctor (edited 02-10-2005).]

mattc
02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
several sound like good candidates, it is amazing how stupid people are

Matt in AK

ibewgypsie
02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
you left out COlorado Springs 91, gun show. A young Ranger was attempting to show someone the "JOHN WAYNE" saftey feature of a 45 colt auto.

He got shot through the hand while he was pushing back on the barrel/slide. I was under a table peering out before the boom stopped echoing. That was incident #2, I was already freaked out by then.

Incident #1 there? a guy wanting to prove the effectivness of his shocking baton tried to stick it to a fellow karate student, the man landed on top of his display table and had to be treated for injuries.

IQ tests should be mandatory where firearms / weapons are involved. It took several cases of beer to calm me down that day.

David

Thrud
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
http://tinyurl.com/lfri
Also a kids site - check it out guys! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

radish1us
02-10-2005, 05:24 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
http://tinyurl.com/lfri
Also a kids site - check it out guys! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

</font>

THAT'S ONE LOAD OF SICK ****, IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN IN THE 'STATES'. YOU LOT OVER THERE MUST BE STRAIGHT OUT OF "THE FUNNY FARM" TO ALLOW THAT STUFF.

bikenut
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
radish1us, That is some a**holes idea of making fun of the NRA. Look at the bottom of the page, chickenhead productions, that sayes it all. I wouldn't be tossing any stones at the people in the USA, we have our share of stupid people, but the worlds full of them. How do you like living in a country where law abiding people are denied the right to carry a firearm? I read that crime and killings went way up after they took yours away. A man with a firearm is a citizen, a man without one is a subject.

pgmrdan
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
No country is perfect; neither perfectly good nor perfectly bad! Let's not even get started at throwing stones at each other across the pond.

hoffman
02-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I agree about not throwing stones but just how in the hell did some of you folks in other countries allow your gov't to disarm you? There would be a lot of blood spilled if anyone tried it here...

------------------
Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

ibewgypsie
02-10-2005, 10:38 PM
NOW HOFFMAN?

ATF training teaches when they kick the door in, throw the children down hold the pistol to thier head makes the adults submit and quit resisting. They wear the masks akin to the Arabs to stop retribution against the individual officer.. After all, he is just doing his job as part of a team.

Wake up. You are not free, thou you can buy a firearm if you are a perfect citizen.

I hear that "pry it from my cold dead fingers" but when a person's family is in immediate and imminent danger most "men" would allow anal intercourse to stop thier family from being hurt.
Just ask Randy Weaver, or the Koresh family. They have been painted as a pretty bad monster in societies eye. Ever wonder about the truth? Who's truth?

Feel like you are free? strap a pistol on your side and ride down to the courthouse. See how free you are to visit with the people there. Ever wonder why they are scared?

David

jkilroy
02-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Umm, they *are* subjects. They have a Queen right?

wbleeker
02-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Radish
We also have our fair share of fruit loops here of course this is relative to the population we only have 20 million,the US have around 300 million I'm sure if we had 300 million we would have just as many fruit loops as the US.
Will

pgmrdan
02-11-2005, 07:50 AM
David,

I'm glad you said stuff about the ATF. When I heard they killed Randy Weaver's wife while she was standing in the doorway of their cabin holding their infant I knew that real Freedom doesn't exist here for average folks.

ibewgypsie
02-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Pgrm:

What is bad, I know people that went to heckle the sniper that killed Weavers wife.

What I said about being part of a team, not individuals is correct. They left admiring a man who did his distasteful job even thou he didn't like it. Bo Gritz is the "name" that sticks in my head at the moment. He spoke in Chattanooga Tn.

David

pete913
02-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Well some people seem to think they have some sorta "right" to walk around with concealed( and even not concealed) weapons in places like the mall of America etc. I guess if that's the case, i have a right to stuff their concealed weapon up their ass before these paranoids decide to become a threat to my, or my familys safety. Where the ATF made their big mistake at ruby ridge, and at waco, was not just going in and taking out the principle, and the problem first, and asking questions later. I'm betting that if something like either of those situations happened around where I live, folks like Weaver and Koresh had better pray the ATF gets to them first. We sorta have funny ideas about religious cult leaders raping kids, and paranoid people with arsenels of illegal weapons and caches of food and water for " the coming takeover".

[This message has been edited by pete913 (edited 02-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by pete913 (edited 02-12-2005).]

ibewgypsie
02-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Koresh did not have any illegal weapons.
Koresh was not proven to have molested kids, He was a religious wacko thou. He believed in God. I think it was a goverment tactic to "prove a point".

WEaver was entrapped to gather evidence on Real Wackos the goverment was after.

Guess you watch too many Kung-Fu movies where the guy dodges bullets and then takes the gun? Best thing to do with a gun or a knife is leave, not confront. I have.

Each person lives in thier own lil world of ideals, some are confused, some are educated, Some are arrogant people who believe every story they are told.

David

Added: Although the Full-battle rifle ban was not imposed after the Waco assault on legal rights, bans and laws against military style training camps were. Soon afterwards all the KKK (North Carolina), Nazi (Indiana), and Posse COmitiatius (Arkansas) camps were closed. They Achieved one victory that probably was the right thing to do with full support of the "average trusting citizen"

Some people should read more and type less.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 02-12-2005).]

ibewgypsie
02-12-2005, 11:20 AM
And you are right, When they take "all the threat" of private weak individuals possesing guns and weapons to protect themselves from criminal or injust acts by the goverment, only "US" large, strong, martial arts trained people will be able to walk across parking lots infested with "children" carrying ball bats and golf clubs to play sports with. (Although I hope I am dead by then) Almost like that now in the "inner cities".

Recently, a local who owns rental properties in three states was arrested for molesting a 3 year old boy. He had taken pictures and published them on the internet.
The Grandfather of the boy knew the "local goverment" would turn loose the "freak" so he parked his truck out in front of the jail with a 30/06 deer rifle. He was breaking no law since he had not threatened anyone.
Sure enough they were going to turn the rapist loose. Sure enough someone had noticed the old man (who was dying of cancer) out in his truck out front. Sure enough they called me to come and talk him down. I told the nice man on the phone he had my support to do whatever he felt was "just" and "god be with him".
They snuck the guy out the other door with a large hat and a bullet proof vest wrapped around him. He later commented, They were just "trailer park trash anyways" he had the right. He is loose and free as far as I know.

Do you have any grandkids? Children?

Peace.. walk away when you can. Run when you can. Keep your spine not "shot out" and all your internal organs intact. I have one friend I go see, he sure was tough, his spine is shot in two. He has a collostomy bag that makes it much easier for the nurses to "unload" him and keep the sheets clean.

Have you read the story about Ray Brent Marsh of the North Georgia Creamtory? He "might" get 3 years for throwing peoples grannies and kinfolk out for the possums to eat.

Mcruff
02-12-2005, 02:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> ATF training teaches when they kick the door in, throw the children down hold the pistol to thier head makes the adults submit and quit resisting. They wear the masks akin to the Arabs to stop retribution against the individual officer.. After all, he is just doing his job as part of a team.</font>

I would also be doing my Job by putting a bullet in his head.
I have no problem gutting a man or dismembering one to protect my family, none at all!! Threatening my family in the above manner by the ATF will only get you or I dead, simple as that. I am by nature a very peaceful man, but I have my limits and would feel absolutely no remorse for protecting my own by killing someone else.

ibewgypsie
02-12-2005, 02:46 PM
We need to all get together for a barbeque..

I for one can cook some ribs. I got this smoker I made....

Be at peace with the world.. be educated thou.

David

IOWOLF
02-12-2005, 02:59 PM
DAVID , I knew I liked you for some reason, now I know just one.
p.s. I met Randy and his daughter, twice.

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 02-12-2005).]