PDA

View Full Version : Machinery Auctions

balddave
02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Ok. i see a lot of you guys talking about getting your machines at auctions....well i'd like to know how you hear about these auctions, i haven't been into this stuff for too long, but still i'm just not seeing it, is there some websites that might list a bunch of auctions...or what? i just wanna know how i can best find local auctions.

Thanks a bunch fellas

topct
02-14-2005, 11:41 AM
In my area they post notices in the local newspaper. We also have a couple of little 'free' want ad papers that also post them.

Just went to one here. I can see the need to get there when you can preview the items. They provided a numbered list, and you could then take some time to research some prices.

------------------
Gene

lynnl
02-14-2005, 11:48 AM
In addition to the ads mentioned above, all the auction companies around here ask for your name/address/etc. when you register as a bidder at their auctions. Once you get on their list they'll then mail their flyers to you announcing upcoming auctions.

You might check the yellow pages for "auctioneers", and call them to see if you can get on a mailing list.

Ries
02-14-2005, 08:37 PM
This is very regional- it really depends on where you live. In some parts of the country, there are auctions every week, with lots of businesses going under, and selling lots of machinery.
In other areas, like, say Southern California, there are fewer auctions, and they are attended by Reliable Machinery, which buys almost everything and puts it on ebay.
Other places auctions are few and far between.
Machinetools.com has a section listing the really big auctions. But small local ones are where you find really cheap stuff, and the newspaper is usually the best for that.

IOWOLF
02-14-2005, 08:54 PM
OR.......

http://www.auctionbill.com

wierdscience
02-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Just do a google for Auctions,your state

or Auctioneers,your state and see what pops up.If they have a website got to it and add it to your favorites,then just check them once a week.

Auctioneers that handle bank siezures and small sales are your best bet.Big companies usually have shillers in the crowd,or require riggers/loading fees.

Oh,BTW never pay for auction info,you can find all of that on the web and in your local newspaper,and never,ever fall for that gov'mint liquidation crap.

precisionworks
02-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Try to find the auctions Monday - Friday, even if you have to take a day off work. Too many people & high prices on Saturday/Sunday. Sometimes eBay can find the equipment you're looking for close to home -- Advanced Search, items within xxx miles of your zip code.

balddave
02-15-2005, 08:55 AM
awesome guys, thanks for the replies....hopefully i can find me some good deal now...

precisionworks
02-15-2005, 09:27 AM
This website was mentioned in another post:

http://www.machinetools.com/MT/index.tmpl

The "search all auctions" listing is well done.