X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pasofino
    • Sep 2001

Need source of Stainless Steel O-Rings

Anybody got any suggestions for a source of 3 inch stainless steel O-rings. I checked the Reid Catalog and no luck.
  • Ries
    • Sep 2004

O rings are, as far as I know, always made out of some kind of rubber.
    Do you need rubber O rings to use with stainless steel, or are you looking for circles rolled from stainless steel round bar?
    Because there are sources for those, depending on size, alloy, and diameter.

Comment

• Ian B
      • Dec 2002

By 'stainless steel O rings', do you mean ring type joints, like these?:

Many oilfield suppliers sell them, eg http://www.kwmfg.com/

Ian
      All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

• pasofino
        • Sep 2001

I need circles made from stainless steel round stock about 3 inches in diameter. I can find circles made from steel with nickel plating but they don't hold up under horse sweat and I intend to use them to make horse tack.

Comment

• Forrest Addy
          • Oct 2002

You gotta define these things a bit more cerefully, Paso, stainless O-rings are commonly specified for very high tech applications like nuclear and aerospace.

If you want stainless tack rings you should have said so. I was a half hour into research with the Auto-Clave corp before you posted your clarification.

3" x 5/16" stainless rings for horse tack are easy to make from stainless rod rolled up on a mandrel (hot if you need to) like a close wound spring, cut, then welded. A good ironworker could make you a dozen in an hour or two. It's very low tech. You can polish them yourself to a mirror bright finish with a buffer and white rouge.

Comment

• Ries
            • Sep 2004

How many do you need, and what size round bar do you want?
            3" is OD?
            Do you have the capability to tig weld em together?
            Is this a one time thing, or ongoing?
            Because I have the machine to knock em out, but its not really the business I am in.

Comment

Working...
            X