PDA

View Full Version : Machinists Workshop Collection

audrey
02-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Which books do most of you HSM members have. I am trying to sort out the bunch for sale and only get a couple (all I can afford) for our at home collection. I currently have projects 7 and its great. Thanx

David/toledo
02-19-2005, 04:29 PM
I just iner library all of them.
David

G.A. Ewen
02-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I have "MetalWorking" one and two, "The Shop Wisdom of Rudy Kouhoupt" and "The Shop Wisdom of Frank McLean". I hope to get "MetalWorking" three and four and "Two Shop Masters" soon.

Probably doesn't matter which ones you decide to get. They are all great.

bikenut
02-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I've got "The Shop Wisdom of/Frank Mclean/Rudy Kouhoupt/Philip Duclos", The Falling Block rifle action, Build an EDM, all are excellent. The Duclose book has 6 different engine projects. Plus a real nice dividing head project. These guys are gone now (Shop Wisdom Guys) and this stuff is priceless. Guy Lautard's books are real good too.

Jim Bass
02-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Hi Audrey,

Machinery's Handbook. Keep it in the shop, that is where it was ment to be used.

Yours, Jim

vmil3
02-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi Audrey,
I have found that the older books give more instruction concerning manual machinery, where as the more modern books cover NC, CNC, EDM,lazer cutting, or high speed production techiques. I grab any older school text books I can get my hands on,(as schools tend to toss them out, they don't want to get dirty teaching machine shop anymore) as well I have gleemed some enginerring and regrinding spec's from supplier catalogs (usually in the back of the catalog).

------------------
Doug

Thrud
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Audrey

I have nearly all of them - excpet the ones from the last couple years - I am balking at buying them as the shipping price gives me the willies. It might be cheaper to have a bunch sent by UPS overnight (the plastic bag should hold at least 4 at a time) this would be cheap (relatively) to ship, and no brokerage on UPS overnight air into Canada. Don't know if Neil & Crew would do that though...you would have to ask.

Excellent books - and they even have machining related stories & project inside them (WOW! bonus...) http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif