PDA

View Full Version : Vo-Tech Scholarships

witkowbj
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
A major US shoe manufacture is awarding Scholarships to Vo-Tech Schools to honor Americas Master Crasftsman, I'm sure there are quite a few qualified candidates from this board. See the following link, http://www.redwingshoe.com/MT.doc if this is considered advertising, I will remove. (I do work for a supplier to this company, so thats where I first noticed it.) Note, the scholarships will be named in honor of the MasterCraftsman and the scholarship will be given to the Vo-Tech school that they choose.

[This message has been edited by witkowbj (edited 02-23-2005).]

Neil
02-23-2005, 11:28 AM
We at Village Press (HSM, MW, LSOR) are acutely aware of the precarious positions of our Vo-tech programs. The only way to keep these available is to encourage participation wherever possible.

I commend Red Wing Shoes for their commitment.

precisionworks
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Good post. Learned to weld when I was age 18 at Memphis Area Vocational Technical School (36 years ago). Hard to find any place today with the same high quality, hands-on instruction. Red Wing gets high marks for their support of the trades.

------------------
Barry Milton

John Foster
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
The Early Wheels of Iowa car club just sent $4,000.00 to McPherson College for a scholarship to the Auto Restoration Department. It is the only program that I know of that teaches the restoration of old cars, including babbiting of bearings, machining and wood body work, among other crafts. John