View Full Version : shaper ID

02-23-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm cleaning up a G&E 16" shaper with a universal table, SN 3111A12. It has a US Navy tag that reads: "US NOrd ( F ) 1061" then a US Navy symbol (an anchor between the letters U and S) and then "NM-575". It also has a lead foil tag with embossed lettering reading "SOA-9". Anyone know what all this means? Any clue as to year of manufacture? Thanks. JCA

02-23-2005, 04:00 PM
NOrd means Naval Ordnance. The other numbers are most likely property numbers. Probably came out of a depot somewhere.

USAG means US Army Garrison. That's what's on all the machines in my shop at work. There are a few other numbers, but, they are all property numbers. Looks like they changed inventory systems a couple of times...

Andy Pullen