PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of ebay

gunsmith
02-23-2005, 05:57 PM
The number of post this past week leads me to believe that ebay has a problem. I'm now on that list. I was officialy notified by ebay I got screwed. They are going to "investigate". I purchased a large micrometer (20") and it will not be delivered. Guess what though? The seller is still listing more items. Any bets on getting satisfaction here? NOT LIKELY.

CCWKen
02-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Did you pay for it?
What's the listing number? Seller?

Someone may have hacked ebay. I haven't loged in for about a month because of some problems I saw back then with other listings. I've got all of ebay "special" features blocked and remove their cookie when I leave a browse or search. No buying for me until I see improvements.

Takes way to long to load their pages anymore. Too many scrips or something. I get an "Done w/error" on their pages.

ibewgypsie
02-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Ebay's verification cookies, my wife, she has her own account on there.

They made it non-accessible on this computer. I don't really want her buying tupperware on my cycle account.

I have been frustrated selling things on there too. I got a $400 money order, the guy "forgot" to sign. Mindless me, I signed it on the signature line. cashed it. Not sure. He got "my goods" he may get his money back too if he is dishonest. I hope not, I copied down where I sent the Hossfield bender.

BUT, I got so much I need to get rid of, it is still the easiest way to sell items.

OUR corporate account? it is down to $278.. Now that is Broke if you ask me. I have been working on Non paying projects here.

David

precisionworks
02-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Geez, David, why didn't ya sell me the Hossfield...not that you could advertise it here, just email me when you have anything interesting (b4 you list it!)

Thrud
02-23-2005, 11:40 PM
gunsmith:
If you paid by credit card call the card company and tell them what happened - they will refund your money. However, ebay may blackball you over it when they are charged back for it, but so what?

madman
02-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Dave $278 bucks American... Thats a small fortune up here in ontario canada. I could buy a lot of beer with that much money. Mooseheads the most expensive Lager so i feel kinda classy when im chuggin back a few cool ones. I called the boss once years ago told him I just won $5.00 bucks and I wouldnt be in for a week. LOL. $278 I could bugger off for about a week of decent drunkiness.

madman
02-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Oh by the way E BAY REALLY SUCKS they dont give a **** about customer problems a bunch of assholes if you ask me.

gunsmith
02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Yep it was paid for and by postal money order in U.S. funds. The item number was 3857281499 from a company called 1-4-the-books a really fine outfit.
MADMAN, that reminded me of a joke. Did you hear about the two gay mortitions Ed and Red. At the end of a hard day Ed said to Red, " what do you say to going downstairs and sucking back a couple of "cool ones" ".

IOWOLF
02-24-2005, 06:37 PM
I swear every thread I see that has any thing about Ebay and some that don't, Madman has to say "EBAY SUCKS" or some such.

Ok we get it already you don't like it, but some do, so back off already.

John Stevenson
02-24-2005, 06:41 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
I swear every thread I see that has any thing about Ebay and some that don't, Madman has to say "EBAY SUCKS" or some such.

</font>
Don't worry about Madman, he's pissed because Audrey got those kitchen cabinets off Ebay http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

John S.

IOWOLF
02-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Ha,Ha, Ha, good one.