PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Promax/Supermax mills

meho
02-12-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm looking at going to an auction where there are several mills for sale. Promax and Supermax as well as Bridgport. Are the "max" mills OK. The Bridgposts all have DRO's and power feeds on them and will probably be out of my price range.

James

SGW
02-13-2005, 08:06 AM
This is the YCI Supermax? Never used one, but my impression is that they're very good quality.

Of course, with used machinery, any individual machine could be a boat anchor if it's been abused.

LES A W HARRIS
02-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Meho, I bought one back in 79. Ran it for three years day in, day out, I had no problems. With anything used? All the best.
Les H.

Gary Reif
02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
meho, I just installed a supermax model YCM in our shop at work and I am very happy with it so far. It seems to be a good quality machine. The only problem I have with it is I can't seem to find a manual for it.
Good luck.
Gary

------------------

meho
02-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I found the parts source for these mills.

I however got shot down on going to the auction tomorrow. I was going to use the company trailer from work but a friend said he wanted to go and has a trailer we could take. I sent our trailer to Alabama and the friend backed out. I believe things happen for a reason.

Thanks again for the responses. I'm still lookin.

James

precisionworks
02-24-2005, 08:04 PM
James,

Here's a SuperMax Model YCM 1 1/2 variable speed that I watched tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3874214857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I emailed the seller and asked his reserve price, he responded "We are getting very close" when bid was $1,000. You may want to watch & see if he relists.

------------------
Barry Milton