PDA

View Full Version : More stuff that I dont need - books

rockrat
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok, this may not be as great as some of the offers here, but these things might help someone out and I hate to throw them away. I have 3 autocad books, they were given to me so I will give them to you. Amazing how many books one collects when they teach. I'll mail them out to you when I get a moment. Otherwise, to the recycler they go. Besides, R14 is a dinosaur at this point, but some still use it because it does what they want.
Customizing Autocad R14 - Autodesk press
Autocad LT '97 - Prentince Hall
Applying Autocad R14 - Glencoe McGraw-Hill

First to respond here can have them.

precisionworks
02-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Rockrat,

I run AC2000...got anything like AC2000 for idiots (already have AC2000 for Dummies, & find it sorta technical).

rockrat
02-24-2005, 08:34 PM
R14 was not too far from 2000. Its been a while for 2000 though. Mechanical Desktop, Inventor and ProE is what I play with now.
But alas.... nothing specific for 2000. Your not too far away, why not give them a try? Might be of some use. And I'll feel better by not throwing them out.

I have another 3-5 books in boxes for every one here. What do ya do with all of them? 98% are keepers, but I just dont have space.
I could put shelves all over the house, but the wife would fight me for the space. Doilies and pretty stuff is what she thinks belongs on shelves. Crap, I'm embarrassed that I know how to spell doilies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/rockrat/temp/IMG_0715.jpg

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 02-24-2005).]

precisionworks
02-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Damn, Rockrat, didya read ALL those books?

mattc
02-25-2005, 01:31 AM
any simularities to autocad 2004 I have it on my comp but I dont know how to run it and I dont have any manuals

Matt in AK

Norman Atkinson
02-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Matt,

Only a suggestion.

Move down to a drawing room in Pennsylvania.

BlaCADder.

rockrat
02-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Have read them all but one. Im saving it for when I got nothing to do. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Mostly use them for referance. I sorta know what I got and kinda know whats in them. When I get an idea or need an equasion, I jump to the book that I think might have the info.

mattc - Similar yes. Exactly the same no. They would be a good start or a referance if nothing else. But it does depend, do you mind tinkering? The book will tell you how to do it with the features for that version. The newer version might have a different button for the feature or have the feature on a different menu. This is something that everyone has to do a little when upgrading software. The programmers make a change and ya either have to read the manual or figure it out yourself by a little trial and error.

Update, the books are spoken for and have now been given away. Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 02-27-2005).]