PDA

View Full Version : Alistair

aboard_epsilon
02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Just spent the last few days at Alistairs place .
and I would just like to tell the board what a fantastic chap and good friend Alistair is.
He is one of the most genuin and honest blokes I've ever met.
as you all know .....
despite his illness (parkinsons) he really does try his hardest .....to keep up with his hobbies.
and in my opinion he is a top man.
his woodworking shop........is the bees knees.....almost perfect in its set-up and design.
Green.........only three green machine's amongst many others that are not.....so dont rib him about this ....
His metal working shop ......he still has a bit to do there........but he is getting there....and it wont be long......before it equals his woodworking shop set-up.
and what a lovely home they have too.
I would also like to personally thank Alistair and Bronwen for putting up with me and making me very feel very very welcome.....
ALISTAIR and BRONWEN.......you are the tops.
all the best...mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 02-25-2005).]

Rustybolt
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Tell him we all said 'Howdy'
Hope he can get back to us soon.

Allan Waterfall
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Just wait till he sends you the bill. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif Did he let you try any of his kilts on.?

Allan

ibewgypsie
02-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, them kilts, they are plaid so the brown streaks don't show..

One of the Old kickboxers I saw at a recent mideval evet was wearing one. I told him.. NO high kicks while my family is here please.. HE grinned ear to ear at being recognized.

Ahh, don't we all live in the past when we see no future? Glory days..

David

Your Old Dog
02-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Mark, It's nice you live close enough you can pull off a visit!

David, "We live in the past when we have no future". Is that yours or are you quoting someone? (I'am not well read) At anyrate, like the line in the Edmund Fitzgerald, "who knows where the love of God goes when the wind turns the minutes to hours" I won't soon be forgetting it.

Do you suppose they talk about Mills and Lathes on the Writers Forum?

Alistair Hosie
02-26-2005, 05:44 PM
It was great to have you over to stay Mark, as I said we look forward to your next visit.
I just wish I had a bit more energy at the moment still it was a great few days and thanks for all you did for me getting the shop rewired for three phase.
It is so much more practical now as things are so easy to start and stop and I don't have to re plug in each macine each time I go to use it regards and welcome back anytime Alistair and Bronwen.