View Full Version : Who's the RC airplane guy?

02-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I got this heat sealing iron, looks like a minature iron with handle. KNob on top for heat control.

Shrinking wings? what it is used for I don't know..

I don use it, never will.

Free.. You pay shipping.. Do you need a picture?

David Cofer, Of:
Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

02-26-2005, 08:14 PM
tis a monokote iron

02-26-2005, 08:50 PM
This it??

Have Fun
Be Safe http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

02-26-2005, 09:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:

Free.. You pay shipping..


Yes if you still don't want it.
I sent you E-mail
Have Fun
Be Safe http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

02-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Damn, I never thought of that use.

02-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Gone Gone.. Looks like the Tinker got it.


02-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Model airplane guy too. Yeh, Hey you know, I just used my covering iron to mount a photo print to a heat sensitive foam board. THey got many uses.

Dave Opincarne
02-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Had mine since the late 70's. Got it as a present to keep me from using my mom's good iron to apply Monocoat. It got put away My senior year when I stoped building but I hung on to all my RC stuff. I pulled it out again in college to use for dry mounting prints. Great to not have to wait for the comunal tack iron (Same thing, different name). Learned to cut mats and make T-hinges (archival) and set it aside again. Now I use it for steaming dents and applying venier.