PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Folks- A Poll

bikenut
02-25-2005, 10:34 PM
I was wondering how many 2 wheeler fans we have here. #1, What are ya riding? #2, Favorite bike ever made? (You don't have to own it) #3, Favorite bike flick? I just thought it'd be interesting to find out a little more about my brothers here. I love all kinds of bikes, started in the dirt when I was 11, been riding 34 years. Still love dirt riding, want to get a new Honda 250 4 stroke for that. I'll start the ball rolling; #1, 2004 S&S Shovelhead, hardtail, I built from the ground up. #2, Vincent Black Shadow. #3, "On Any Sunday" Thanks to all who respond, Smitty

rbregn
02-25-2005, 11:00 PM
#1 I ride a 91 springer,my wife a 76 shovel I resarected from a basket.
#2 Every bike I had a hand in building
#3 Easyrider
Keep the rubber side down http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Rob
My wifes bike,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/rbregn/5992a35b.jpg

Stanko
02-25-2005, 11:04 PM
I have several bikes all 2 stroke
1981 RD350LC
1983 RZ350
1985 RZ500
1987 TZR250
1989 TZR250
1985 Honda NS400R
Suzuki T125 Stinger
Puch SRA150 scooter
and a few awaiting execution or restoration

Bob Quale
02-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Curently ride a Victory V92C. I have had a few bikes, and loved them all, but there is some thing about this Vic that I really like.

Bob

kenc
02-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Have a Husaberg FC501 4 stroke and Kawasaki KX250 2 stroke dirt bikes. Last Road bike was an 84 GPZ1100.
Before that always had Brit bikes, 66 Spitfire, 75 Trident to name but two.
Best bike out there: Triumph Speed triple
Ken

Ted
02-25-2005, 11:32 PM
I am currently chopping a 72 cb750 sohc Honda. Been working on it on and off for some time, mainly off.

Ted
02-25-2005, 11:32 PM
sorry for the double post

[This message has been edited by Ted (edited 02-25-2005).]

Errol
02-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Yes, but I think we should put a machining slant on this thread. Yes, I am a motorcycle nut, having raced dirt bikes for some 25 years. But lets talk about what we have done in our shops so that all of the other machinists can enjoy as well, since after all this is a machinists forum!

Having said that, I guess I have to go first. Well, there are dozens of successful machining repairs and jigs, but I must tell you about one that didn't go that well.

It was when I noticed a lot of "slop" on my throttle barrel control on the right side of the handlebar. I removed the throttle grip control to see that the aluminum handlebar had worn down .060 to .100, causing the "slop".

So being a welder, I decided to fix the problem in my shop instead of spending $150 for a new set of bars. So I hacksawed off the worn out end off the right side of the handlebar, and then found another bent bar in my scrap heap, hacksawed off the left side end (the left side that never wears out) and then TIG welded the stub back on. I recall taking great care in grinding back relief so that I would get good penetration. I think I used type 5356 filler rod.
Perfect! So I thought.

I was so proud of myself. I told all my friends, thinking I could drum up some business. In the next race, I was pounding through some whoops in third gear about 35 miles an hour,(whoop is a series of lots of big bumps one right after the next) and the bar broke clean off! Did I ever take a bad crash! I got away lucky, only broke my thumb.

Anyhow, with that experience under my belt, I got a lot smarter. I learned almost all aluminum handlebars are made of 7000 series aluminum and don't take kindly to welding. In fact I found out that these bars break like glass without welding. in a crash that is.... Oh I'm getting too old for this I think...

x39
02-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Currently on the road: '68 Harley FL rigid frame chop.
Numerous project bikes.
Dream bike: '36 Harley VLH or Brough-Superior SS-100 Grand Alpine
Movie: I'll have to go along with "On any Sunday"

3 Phase Lightbulb
02-26-2005, 12:32 AM
I've been riding since I was a little wee wee. I raced 125cc and 250cc supercross when I was younger.

My current street bike is a 2004 GSXR750:

http://www.gnuxtools.com/gsxr750/dscn2784.jpg

My wife wants to learn and is taking the MSF course next month. She bought a new 2005 Ninja 250R this winter and we put it in the house until she's ready to ride it this spring:

http://www.gnuxtools.com/house/ninja250.jpg

-3Ph

x39
02-26-2005, 12:45 AM
3 Phase- one of my son's buddies has a GSXR-1000, which he let me ride. WOW! His riding buddy had the GSXR-750, and he lost his license shortly after he got the thing.

Gerryrig
02-26-2005, 12:47 AM
My favorite is a 76 Goldwing. For extended traveling with tent and sleeping bags, my wife and I like the 1500 wing with more storage and intercom.
Gerry

swcaudill
02-26-2005, 01:09 AM
My first was an Indian 249 in 1958(POS)and it got worse as I did repairs.
Currently riding a 97 XLH 1200 Sportster, 100 Hodaka Dirt Squirt, 125 Rickman-Zundapp and a 250 Hodaka Thunderdog.
I love bikes, working on as well as riding.
Sterling

precisionworks
02-26-2005, 01:09 AM
1991 FLHTC ElectraGlide

1948 or 1949 HydraGlide Panhead

Easy Rider, seen it xxx times

------------------
Barry Milton

darryl
02-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I've had an '80 Honda Hawk 400 for all but one of it's years. I'm not a large person, so it's been all I ever needed or wanted. Now it needs some work, so maybe by summer I'll be riding again. As far as mechanical innovations, or whatever, I made up a boom to carry my camera ahead of the front wheel, and adjustable from just skimming the ground to about three or four feet height. It has a sliding mechanism which the camera mounts to, and that removes much of the vibration that might normally be transmitted to the camera. The camera's mounting plate stays level as it's raised or lowered, thus keeping the aim in the horizontal plane. This is an articulated bunch of arms and pivot points. This whole thing allows the bike to bounce up and down, and jolt forwards or backwards somewhat without the camera having to follow suit. It's kind of zoomy watching a video made with the camera low to the ground. One of the nicest videos was a run through the chuckanut drive just south of Bellingham.

Thrud
02-26-2005, 01:33 AM
1) me arse
2)Ducati, new Triumph Triples, Hyabusa, KTM600, 600+ccQuad (fer moose)
3)Raising Arizona (The biker from hell....)

kenc
02-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Thrud,
You talk like an Englishman, plus you like Triumphs so you're not as bad as everyone on this forum secretely says you are......

3 Phase Lightbulb
02-26-2005, 01:53 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
1) me arse
2)Ducati, new Triumph Triples, Hyabusa, KTM600, 600+ccQuad (fer moose)
3)Raising Arizona (The biker from hell....)</font>

Hyabusa eh? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif Have you ever seen a Turbo-Hyabusa?

Here is a 300+ HP Turbo-Hyabusa doing an easy 220mph run:

http://bbssystem.com/videos/turbo-busa.wmv

It's a stock Hyabusa with a bolt on turbo charger.

-3Ph

Jim Caudill
02-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I have owned quite a few, currently have an '88 Honda Goldwing 1500 and a '72 CB200.

Evan
02-26-2005, 02:40 AM
Movie=Easy Rider

Bike is Suzuki GN-400. 400cc 4 stroke single . Sounds like a Harley running on one cylinder. They only made about 2000 of these in 80-81. I built this from a total basket case. Not your average Japanese bike.

http://vts.bc.ca/pics/thumper.jpg

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 02-26-2005).]

chief
02-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I have had several but I refuse to ride new bikes, they are junk.
I currently have 2 OSSA Phantoms.74 and a 75
MX and Desert model. I have machined many parts from titanium and now these things weigh in at about 185 lb. You have to sit on the tank to keep the front end down.

abn
02-26-2005, 04:20 AM
I've been riding since 12...bought my first bike with my own cash at 13. It was a '75 Honda CB400F "Four Hundred Four"...as for the questions:

#1: I haven't rode in a year or more my only insuered and registered bike is a '92 Yamaha FZR600

#2: I've got an '86 GSXR 750RG in need of restoration, that is certainly one of my favorites. Wouldn't mind finding another 400 Four though...

#3: I forgot about On Any Sunday...I'll vote for it as well.

I've been waiting for a pleasant re-discovery of motorcycling, but junk just keeps getting in the way.

BWS
02-26-2005, 06:22 AM
A 1%'er BMW d*ck here.We live on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.Goin on 40 years on 2 wheels.Clean up about 6-12 wrecks a year here in the twistys.Ranging from Harley's to Hayabusa's.Seen 'm all(tossed bikes,injuries),had to stuff grey matter back in on the last cleanup.....yuuuuck.Be careful,if you don't know how to properly turn a bike....buy a book!David Hough's(sp)cpl. of books,whilst not perfect,come dang close to the term "required reading".I've wrenched on some pretty exotic stuff and have built many a bike..... nowadays give me a bone stock BM('00 KRS)and a gas card.

splicer
02-26-2005, 07:16 AM
Current rides: 2002 FLHT 95 c.i.
1967 Matchless G15CSR 750cc

All-time favourite: Norton Commando

Movie: Easy Rider

Splicer

ricksplace
02-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Been riding 35 years. Currently restoring an 84 vf750 honda. Had a CL450 honda street scrambler, 750sohc, 305 Yamaha, '68 650 BSA Lightning, '65 honda 50 (the full size one with the little blue fairing) I still have it and it still runs. 76 Gold Wing. Fav. out of all these was the wing. Bone stock, all mechanical. 50,000+ miles and only routine maint. BSA was a tinkerer's dream. Always had to tinker with it or it wouldn't run. Only thing that didn't leak oil was the seat. Always admired Hogs, never been able to afford one. Always coveted a Vincent Black Shadow. Never seen a real one. Went through a real ugly divorce, had to sell all my toys to pay the bills. Kids are with me. It was worth it. Still got my lathe and tools and a few of the rifles I made. I'll be back on a bike this summer. On the road again...

roninB4
02-26-2005, 08:38 AM
In keeping with the machinist slant, my HD 1200 Sportster has been a love/hate relationship and we all know how long those can last. I had the gearbox explode a few years back and had to excavate the shrapnel and salvage what I could. I wasn't impressed with what I found so I machined the shafts and installed thrust bearings in place of the thrust washers along with a better grade of bearing. Closed off the gearbox and used a double row bearing for the clutch. Ramped the gear dogs and polished the shift select. This improved the shifting quite a bit but am cosidering the suspension/braking as inadequte. Turbo for this is looming on the horizon.
Current ride is a ZRX 1100
Favorite bike is a Britten
Favorite movie is On Any Sunday.

pistonskirt
02-26-2005, 09:26 AM
As motorcycle engineering is my business, & has been for 25 years the machinist slant to my motorcycling is a daily thing. As I work part time as technical manager for a large motorcycle dealership I get to ride just about everything that takes my fancy (and quite a few that dont).

Present ongoing projects in the workshop are 1400cc normally aspirated ZX12 & a turbocharged Hayabusa.

Favourite bike would be the Kawasaki ZX12 mainly because I am tall & 20 years of riding motocross means that my knees appreciate the taller seat height of the ZX12 over the Hayabusa. The only current model bike that I could be tempted to purchase would be the KTM Adventurer 1000.

Favourite motorcycling movie is On Any Sunday

regards

Brian

cebump
02-26-2005, 09:27 AM
My current bike is a 72 BMW R50/5, not the fastest thing I have owned, but a cool smooth little bike. My Favorite I have owned was a Ducati 916, a real joy to ride and listen to. Dream bike would be tough, Early Ducati twin , Vincent, or maybe a Manx Norton.

x39
02-26-2005, 09:39 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BWS:
[B].Be careful,if you don't know how to properly turn a bike....buy a book!David Hough's(sp)cpl. of books,whilst not perfect,come dang close to the term "required reading".B]</font>

An excellent point. I can't begin to recount the number of times I've followed riders who obviously didn't have a clue what they were doing in the corners. I have both of Hough's books, and there's a lot of good info in them.

rockrat
02-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Bike - '01 Soprty -love it

Forgot the favorite bike made - Well, how about favorite style / era. I like the cruisers, some of the Jap bikes are nice, the Honda Rune is cool and would almost make my favorite. But... I have to go with the old Norton’s and Triumphs that the young Brits made into the original cafe racers back in the 60's. See ya at the ACE!

Favorite cycle movie - I don’t really have one. I watch stuff like that and think, "man, I could be out putting miles on my bike". Eazyrider would be close but only when its snowing.

Favorite cycle movie scene - The great escape. Too bad he didn't make the jump. Awww... now I have given the ending away. Sorry

http://www.bikemenu.com/photos/famous/Steve%20McQueen%20Great%20Escape03.jpg

Favorite cycle book - Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road. Neil Pert, the drummer and writer for the band RUSH looses his wife to cancer and a daughter to a car accident in less than a years time. He makes a ride that covers a lot of North America, even gets into Alaska and then to Mexico. As he rides, he writes and makes a connection of freedom, thoughts, openness, loss and soul searching. All of the things that I kinda feel when I'm on the bike.

Parts I have made in the shop for bikes? Lots of custom little engraved plates to put the kickstand on. Poor quality photo, sorry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/rockrat/temp/IMG_0716.jpg

Made a bracket or two for a feller down the road. Made a mess of aluminum wheel spacers for a guy building bikes. Those spacers helped pay off the lathe. Who knows what’s next?

rock

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 02-26-2005).]

topct
02-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Hope to be riding this one soon, just waiting for the weather to turn so I can paint it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/topct/P3110001.jpg

Favorite bike was a BSA 650 Hornet. It used to be ridden by a famaous flat track racer here in spokane. Got it as a basket and went completely though it. Put a head and taillight on it and went out and got 2 tickets for loud pipes. [no mufflers]

Have built or rebuilt several Triumphs, BSA's and Nortons. Also used to resleeve Amal carbs.

Favorite movie would be On any Sunday.

------------------
Gene

ponderingjunkman
02-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Current street bike- '78 KZ 1000. We left our wedding reception on this bike. Also was the first cylinder I bored myself- up to 1105cc. For the dirt, where I learned at 12 yrs old, is the liquid cooled XR650R. I sure miss my old KX500 however. On Any Sunday 1 and 2 are great- 2 being not as good as the first.

aboard_epsilon
02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Back problems, so bikes are out for me .
Last bike I owned was a Kawasaki Z650-SR.
Not a custom but a sort of "chips" 650 rather than z1000.
bikes I always liked the idea of owning were.
Kawasaki Z1300
Suzuki GT750 (watercooled two-stroke)
A Scott...These were a two stroke water cooled twin built in and around the 1930's
Suzuki RE-5 Rotary engined bike.
any Vincent v twin.
Hesketh v-twin.
I always liked Guzzi's .......but they deteriate with the british salt faster than anything I've seen.
All the best..mark

chkz
02-26-2005, 11:35 AM
hmmm....I currently own a '79 BMW R80, hard bags & fairing AND 900cc pistons & cyls. GREAT BIKE. My first bike was an old CB450, years ago. I then built from the frame up, a swingarm-style Harley FX using a '49 Pan bottem end and a 1980 Shovel top. (Couldn't find a '66-69 shovel....my favourite Harley engines!!). Then had a KZ1000 which I 'heavily modified'....and finally I bought an old BSA 650 THunderbolt...in a basket...rebuilt & chopped that. Made most of the parts, even the signal lights...no AMERICAN CHOPPER STYLE CATALOG SHOPPING!!!! Turned down Japanese wheels to fit the frame, fit a r/r disk brake, built the fwd controls...oil tank..steering neck, used a jap set of forks...50mm Showa's if memory serves. That was the coolest bike I owned...sold the lot off in a divorce sale...but kept and am KEEPING the BMW !!! Easy to fix, comfortable...and RELIABLE !!

Take care all...I haven't posted in awhile as I've been away working...trying to earn some $$ for the insane insurance rates they charge us up here in Canada....

C.

3 Phase Lightbulb
02-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Ok, I've put Easy Rider into my online DVD rental queue.. It seems like everyone has seen this movie with the exception of myself.

-3Ph

hms50
02-26-2005, 01:11 PM
My current ride is a 1984 Honda 650 NightHawk. 4 carbs, 6 speeds and goes like Hell! I'd like to ride a F1 anything, just once!

darryl
02-26-2005, 01:19 PM
I've seen Easy Rider and thought it was cool. Then I saw it again many years later and thought it was lame. I liked the bike scenes in the great escape also. I don't watch many movies or much tv, but while some of the bikes that are being made on the current shows (OCC, etc) are cool, there's not much that grabs me there, either.
When I was eight or so, the local biker gang, the Nomads, would come around our place and sometimes take me for rides. Over the next several years I got to ride on harleys of all kinds, from fully decked with bags to fully chopped, triumphs, nortons, bsa's- pretty much any bike that was made except the jap bikes. And I never got to ride an indian, though I wanted to. One guy that came around had a v-8 on his, it was all motor and tubing and looked like a bitch to get going on. Those were fun days.

Corm
02-26-2005, 01:43 PM
My current ride is a 1993 FLHTC Electra Glide (with 77K miles on it), my wife rides a 1992 1200 Sporster with 35K miles (we're 2nd owner, the first owner was a priest!). I started out on a Honda 50 when I was 13. Through the years I've had a Honda 305 Dream (shoulda been called a Nightmare!), two 750 Norton Commandos (wish I still had my 1968 Fastback), a Suzuki water buffalo (does anyone remember those?), 2 Yamaha 750 Maxims, a 1983 BMW R100RT (that I sold with 101K miles on it, and everything was still original), and a 1200 Honda Goldwing that I was riding when I bought my Electra Glide.

When my two kids were growing up, my wife and I and the kids took all of our vacations on the bikes. When they were 10 & 12, I took 6 weeks off of work, and the 4 of us went across the country and back (I live in Vt), camping all the way. That was nearly 20 years ago, they still talk about that trip.

My favorite bike? - well, I really liked my 1968 Norton Commano Fastback, my 1983 BMW R100 RT, and the Electra Glide I'm riding now. Tough to choose between them.... My favorite biker movie would have to be Easy Rider.

Thanks for asking these questions. Made me think about some of my old bikes that I have thought of for awhile. Makes me smile...

Corm

aboard_epsilon
02-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Did any of you folks see the discovery series
Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa.
all about a group of guys who rode around the world on there bikes.
it was very good especialy when it showed them crossing russia and into siberia (no roads)
all the best..mark

Evan
02-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Check out Roger Goldammer's site. Right here in BC.

http://www.goldammercycle.com

doug931
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Bikes im riding now;84 harley electraglide, 89 BMW 1000GS,1977 Triumph 750. My favorite bike was the first one I owned, a 1952 K model HD,750 flathead. Bought it in 1959 for $400.00.You always remember the bikes that scared the hell out of you.I put that one into my first speed wobble. By the time everything stopped spinning around, I had to limp about half a mile back to pick up all the pieces that had falln off. Currantly have about 35 bikes running(mostly British) with a good assortment of European makes, Ducati,Bultaco,BMW, and yes-even a Honda or two.Best book that should be made into a movie: Simon's travels. Motor cycles are what got me into machining.I had to buy a 6" atlas in 1970, when I had drilled so many holes in my Sherpa T to lighten it up.I have done some crasy things on bikes, like clamping an entire frame to the compound to open up the steering head bearing seats.I like this topic, gives me a chance to ramble. Doug

Richard T
02-26-2005, 05:31 PM
#1 currently have a VTR1000 Honda (V-twin sport bike)and an SV650 race bike
#2 current Honda RC211V MotoGP bike (V-5 with 240+ hp)
#3 "Faster" and "On Any Sunday"

We have machined captive spacers for endurance racing which allow us to make quick wheel/tire swaps and custom steering stems to adapt upside down forks on race bikes, etc.

Richard
www.homemachineshop.com (http://www.homemachineshop.com)

cliff69
02-26-2005, 05:38 PM
#1 CBR600F3 and CR500R
#2 anything except a harley or any other v twin
#3 On any given Sunday/Faster

been riding since I was 7, have had many different bikes, could not see myself without one.

[This message has been edited by cliff69 (edited 02-26-2005).]

ricksplace
02-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Anybody ever read "Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance"?

...most interesting glasshoppah....

(there really is such a book and it's great)

flyingfokker2
02-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Hi Folks a recent member to the group just starting to get things set up since I retired
not a machinest just starting, Love Motorcycles have done for a long time the last two photos are me I wasent grey in the first not at the start anyway, still got the shield I won that day, still ride the ZZR1100
Regards
Tom

http://photobucket.com/albums/v53/flyingfokker27/clubs/

gkman11
02-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Started with a '53 panhead dresser that I chopped in '67. Heady stuff for a teen-ager.

Always liked Brittish vertical twins but not the headaches so just last week bought a '81 Yamaha 650 vertical twin. A Bonnivile that will find its way home in the dark and not leave a puddle in the floor.

Before that was and '85 Honda Shadow 1100 v twin. They had a 180* crank for the first two years and were smoother and more powerful than the later models. Whenever anybody called it a Harley-wanna-be I replied "no, It's a Vincent-should-have been."

Whenever I think about m/c's on film, I always think about a scene from a baha 500 race shot from a helecopter. Leader on a Honda 450 vert twin hobby-horses out of a ditch at high speed. Knocked his feet off the pegs and butt off of the seat. He looks like a flag fluttering off the handle bars. After a few crow hops he finally grabs the tank between his knees and stabs the throttle like he's trying to twist it off. Better than Malcom Smith's ride DOWN the hillclimb.

Duct Taper
02-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Present Bike: Just a photo of my first bike, a 1949 Indian 220, back won't let me ride anymore.

Favorite Bike: 1955 Ariel 500cc Single that only I could start with one kick. Great in desert racing.

Favorite Movie: Although "On Any Sunday" was great my favorite was "Little Fauss and Big Halsey"

Machining Problem: Every time I tore down the Bultaco after it melted a piston on the flat track I found that the flywheel had welded itself to the crank at the taper. Never could figure that out except that the 10,000 rpm might have had something to do with it....

daryl bane
02-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Riding a 54 Hydra-glide Pan. Favorite bike would
be a 1931 SS100 JAP Brough-Superior. Although not really a bike movie "The Great Escape". Still have a couple of BMW's, Norton Commandos, and yes a Brough.

Saintt
02-26-2005, 08:50 PM
I have owned...
76 Honda CB400F that was just a great bike.
75 Honda Goldwing, ok bike...too big and clumsy
80 Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special 2 stroke. This bike was too small for me...but I never got tired of that instant blast of speed.
Assorted dirt bikes

My current ride is an 82 Honda Nighthawk. I have 3 engines for this bike, and rotate them as needed. This is an excellent lane splitter, and all around good commuter bike. The engines are super simple to work on. Only takes a couple of hours to swap engines....hard to quantify value. Ode reads over 90k miles

I have always loved the look of the V Max. To me, this bike looks like muscle. I know it is not the fastest bike, and I have always liked Harley soft tails, but I would love a V Max.

No favorite movies...just nice moto scenes. I remember seeing Little Faus and Big Halsey when it first came out, and dug the moto scenes. I loved Kenny Roberts cutting his own treads in On any sunday. Heck...I liked the moto scenes in that Evel Kinevel movie with George Hamilton. I guess us moto enthusiasts love anything moto related. Any movie or scenes running super motocross. The way the boys can fly...makes you wonder if gravity applies to them.

BTW...I used to have a subscription to cycle world back in the 80s, and I will never forget the editorial about steering countersteering. It was something I had never known about up to that point, or at least never thought about....wow, does it change everything once you understand it.

Most of the repair work or mods I have done..I managed with a drill press, and several air and electric tools. Oxy-acet tanks come in real handy too. I have never owned a lathe...still dont...which is what brings me here....long running interest and never taking the financial plunge. I have usually been able to visit a lathe to get the work done, if needed.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to get that will fit my needs and my wallet....and my restricted space.

Dave Elliott
02-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi,mostly a lurker but had to jump in on this topic.I ride a 69 Velocette Endurance,72 Triumph Bonneville 650cc and 72 Triumph Daytona 500cc. My favorite bike I have personal experience with is a Velocette Thruxton.I've much to learn machineing wise but my lathe has gotten me out of bind several times on odd ball parts. Dave Elliott

brunneng
02-27-2005, 12:30 AM
My bike is a 2004 Kawasaki 800 Classic.
More crusiers than choppers, but I love Jay Leno's Jet bike. Just insane (top end horsepower, not known), not that I'd be the one to wind it out.

Just did a heel-toe shifter upgrade on bike. Next will be replacing the chain with a belt drive.

x39
02-27-2005, 12:48 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brunneng:
[B] but I love Jay Leno's Jet bike. Just insane (top end horsepower, not known), not that I'd be the one to wind it out.
B]</font>
Yes, that two second lag between backing off the throttle and the bike responding would be pretty unnerving!

Gerryrig
02-27-2005, 01:59 AM
ricksplace
I read the book, "Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance" a number of years ago. Strange character! Traveling with his son and bike. If I remember right, he had a lathe and used Alum. cans for shims, but did not have anything to keep his mind straight.
Gerry

Evan
02-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Was tooling down the highway on a Kowasucki something or other with gas/oil mix (before oil injection). Was doing maybe 90 or so. Took the exit. Made the mistake of closing the throttle completely. The engine seized. Skidded about 100 yards without falling down.

Another day was screaming through the lowlands of Berkeley on a Honda Superhawk and sorta forgot that I was headed for Alcatraz Avenue. Saw it at about 60 one half block away. Locked up the binders, got a major speed wobble, flashed through the traffic missing cars on both sides by inches and then fell off at about ten mph.

Was riding through the Sierra Nevada Mtns. on a Norton Atlas 750 one day. Had a newbie on the back. Came to a fairly tight curve in the road. He wouldn't lean. Just about made a last flight off the 500 ft cliff.

Funniest was early on in my bike career when I had a Honda 50 and so did my buddy Marty. We had been imbibing (rauschgift) and decided to go for a ride to a party. Across the street was one of those parking lots with the fold down spikes on the exit. We took a shortcut across the lot. I told Marty to watch out for the spikes but I guess he didn't hear me. I managed to navigate between the spikes but he was not so lucky. The spikes ripped both tires right off his rims.

The best trick I have pulled on a bike was as a passenger. My buddy Brian had a Bridgestone 350, freekin fast bike. I was on the back with a bag of McD fries in my hand. At the light when it turned green he decided to boot it and caught me by suprise. As we accelerated across Shattuck Ave I lost my grip on the seat rail because of my greasy hands. I slid off the back of the bike at about 30 mph and skidded across the rest of the intersection on my boot heels until I was down to 5 mph. I then did a tuck and roll and ended up on my feet again without spilling a single french fry. I walked the rest of the way across eating my fries.

The drivers stopped at the light applauded with their horns.

bob308
02-27-2005, 10:16 AM
started out on a 68 norton atlas. then had a 500 triumph daytona. a 74 sportster came next did a lot of machine worn on those bikes. then i started buying new harleys got a 85 fxrs still have it and it is my favorite also got a fxd in 00. woulod like to find a norton camando to restore. any body see the tv show along came bronson?

madman
02-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Started out with a 1972 H2 Kaw Triple .750 bored .080 stinger pipes big carbs. Was first street bike. Many big Motocross style dirt bikes before. After Kaw a gs 1000 with smoothbore carbs big bore kit airflowed head and so on. Then the 1426 cc 1100 suzuki with the fourty mm lectron carbs. At the dragstrip ran 8.52 at 154 miles per hour. That was in 1987 then a ducati 900 ss with airflowed heads and big piston kit circa 1976 followed by a mike hailwood replica which was stolen by a questionable famous (In his Mind) ducati tuner in kitchener ontario. He is now working on bmw and is a crook. I currently have a BMW K1 and its nice for a old bastard like me to ride around on.Have done some interesting machining repairs on harley engines but never owned one myself.

Michael Moore
02-27-2005, 01:41 PM
1. Current ride - you mean people actually own running motorcycles? That sounds pretty unsafe to me. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

2. All time favorite - 1956/57 Guzzi 350 and 500 GP singles

3. "On Any Sunday"

Every bike I get is a project bike. I've been racing since 1971 when I started MX, trials a few years later, and roadrace in 1977. I find that a 30-35hp 250 roadracer goes plenty fast for me these days.

I got into machining in the early 1980s when I wanted stuff for my Kenny Roberts' framed TT500 Yamaha roadracer, but I didn't want to have to pay shop rates. I bought a new Select 10x24 bench lathe (much sturdier than the current 10" stuff) and a new Samson 9x42 knee mill, both from Taiwan. With an oxy/acet rig I was set to start making my own frames.

When I get my Tree CNC running and learn how to use it I plan to build my own engine cases for a 1000cc flat single. I'll use as many available internal parts from other bikes as possible.

My current bikes can be hard to count as there are a number of projects where I've got most of the stuff I need, but haven't put things together/built the frames etc:

Can Am Sonic/Rotax 560 dirt thumper
Several BSA B50MX vintage MX
360MX4 and 380QUB Greeves vintage MX
Rickman 125 Zundapp vintage MX
G80CS and G80TCS Matchless thumpers
500 TriBSA vintage MX project (partial)
Motobi 250 vintage MX, vintage roadracer, and street
Hodaka vintage trials
Kawasaki KT250 vintage trials
TTY400 Yamaha thumper vintage trials
CB160 Honda vintage trials
A couple of Honda S90s (everyone should have at least one)
SP100 big-twin Guzzi street hotrod
V65 and V50 small-twin Guzzi street projects
SF2 Laverda 750 vintage roadracer and street
5 Laverda 150s
EX250 Kawasaki modern roadrace and street
Suzuki AS50 vintage roadracer

Photos of many of my projects, and about 1500 other photos can be seen on my website:

http://www.eurospares.com

I need to thin out about half of the herd, as I've got way more projects than I'll ever be able to get to.

cheers,
Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael Moore (edited 02-27-2005).]

Brian_h
02-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Ok Micheal. Everytime you post a link to your web page I blow an afternoon browsing it.

Thanks

Brian_h

jlrsn
02-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I've been riding motorized two wheels bikes since I was 12 years old back in 53. I now have a couple of 2000 BMW R1100RT's, an 87 BMW K100RT, a 85 BMW K100RS, and a few others I haven't started in years.

A few months ago my oldest son and I took a little trip from San Francisco to Times Square in New York City for a cup of coffee. It was a beautiful trip to NYC and heavy rain back to Denver from morning to night. In the central plains the triple trailer trucks were doing 95mph in the rain on Hwy 70 so we did too to keep from being washed off the road. West of Denver on Hwy 70 we maintained 125mph across the deserts of Eastern Utah. The whole trip took 10 days with stops to see areas we wanted to see. I rode one of my R1100RT's and my son rode his BMW K1200RS which had 130hp to the back wheel. Not a Hyabusa but it will maintain 155+ mph all day if you can get away with it. I'm getting ready to split somewhere again!

I ride my bike daily as the traffic in California is awful and with a bike you can lane split which saves a lot of time. When the weather is really cold I wear my Gerbings heated clothing which along with my heated grips I'm real warm even when crossing the Sierras in the winter.

As Paul Mihalka, a long time BMW rider from back east says, "You don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!

Keep Riding,
Jim Larsen

------------------

Michael Moore
02-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Brian, I've got lots of stuff already scanned and also waiting to be scanned. If only I could find the time to work on the website.

But right now, the mill control conversion comes first!

Jim, I'm near the beach in SF (Outer Sunset). If you're going to come over to the City give me a shout and we'll arrange a garage visit.

cheers,
Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael Moore (edited 02-27-2005).]

gizmo2
02-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Current ride is a BMW R850 which I picked up about a year ago on e-bay. Only about 6,000 miles on it so we are still getting acquainted. It really shines when the road gets twisty. Put 21,000 miles on my '77 KZ-1000 the first year I owned it, with trips to eastern Tennessee, Buloxi MS, and Kodiak Island Alaska. The bike never failed me on that trip, but the mud from the Alcan Highway built up so thick on the front of the engine, the exhaust pipes were buried in it. It was fast but flexed too much in serious corners. Just sold that bike when I got the Beemer, and it has worked out just as I hoped. Wife has a very sweet '75 CB400F Super Sport that is a hoot to ride, and a little 250 Nighthawk that is more like riding a motorscooter. My first bike wreck was as a passenger; Sue had her dad's Dream and lost it in some gravel. That was the last time we went anywhere two up, and that was 35 years ago. I dunno 'bout y'all, but I hate the bloody cell phones. Used to was, if you caught the drivers' eye then you were reasonably sure they saw you; now it don't mean ****.

John Stevenson
02-27-2005, 06:57 PM
No current bike at the moment.

Started riding at about 13 on a 350 Ariel Red Hunter about a '35 model.
We lived on the outskirts of a small town in the late 50's early 60's.
This was a time in the Uk when things were starting to look up after the war.
Many men were leaving their motorcycles they relied on to get to work and were buying small cars.
Remember this is the UK, where at that time most people worked within 10 miles or less of where they lived.

Many motorcyles were put round the backs of the houses under old coats and left.
We made friends with the loacl bin men who had to go round collecting bins and they would tell us where these bikes were.
My brother and I would go knock on the door and ask if they wanted to sell them. At first it was alway "No I'm going to do it up " so you would leave it a couple of weeks and ask again, always on a Sunday morning when the family was at home.
Without fail a couple of weeks after this we would get a call from the wife saying the bikes for sale.
There was no way they were going back from a car to a pillion.
We had an aranagement that any bike we bought would be five pounds maximum and would stick this out, some we lost but most we got for this price.

By the time we had reached 18 and moved onto 4 wheels we worked out that between us we had owned 85 bikes and never paid more than £5.00 for any.

None were classic just bog stanadrad ride to work BSA's James, Francis Barnett's and a few Nortons and AJS's.

Later on I got involved in vintage bike racing.
Nortons, AJS's, Matchless and the like.
Had a nice time on these, mainly working on them not riding much as I enjoyed spannering more.

Started going to Nurnburgring in Germany for the anual vintage bike races in about 1980 and did this for 9 years, sometimes twice a year. Some really nice bkes there, a lot of factory gear. Met Walter Zellor who rode the last works supercharged in 1939 and who was still racing the same bike at Nurnburgring and quite a few more top names in their day.

It was more a social outing than a race meeting.

Still do some bike work but not a lot. Just done a couple of sumps for Kawasaki sidecar outfits where they need to drop the engine about 4" in the frame.
Milled them out a billet 30mm thick.

Favorite bike has got to be the Velocette, built by engineers for engineers.

Favorite movie was On any Sunday but recently saw it after the last time which was in the Isle of Man for the 1990 TT and it wasn't as I remember it, seems bland nowdays so favorite has the be The Mike Hailwood profile of a legend DVD.

John s.

x39
02-27-2005, 07:08 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jlrsn:
BMW K1200RS which had 130hp to the back wheel. Not a Hyabusa but it will maintain 155+ mph all day if you can get away with it. </font>

I don't mean to start any trouble on the domestic front, but have you seen the new K1200S? 167 hp!

Gator
02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/Gator/MOTORCYCLES/93GoldwingResized600x448.jpg

Been Riding since I was 13 - Honda 50 and moved up since that to Honda 125, Honda 175,
Honda 750, 82 Goldwing, 83 Yamaha Venture, 86 Goldwing, then the 93 Goldwing.
If I could be riding anything I wanted: Heritage Soft Tail Classic.
Favorite Movie: Easy Rider

viking
02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/chiliviking/c5c92eb7.jpg

I apologize in advance if this crashes the internet as it is my first attempt at photobucket using the guidance from this BBS.

If it worked there should be a picture of the Triumph that I built back in 1976 and still have today.

Favorite bike, maybe Vincent Black Shadow

Bike Movie, Easy Rider

viking
02-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I guess I need to work on the "sizing " function but at least the picture appeared. You can use your imagination to visualize the Durfee girder frontend on the bike. I promise my next post with a picture will be sized. (Back to the instructions!!!!)

jlrsn
02-27-2005, 08:04 PM
x39,
Yes I've been watching that new K1200S on the net. My problem at 64 is I've never grown up and I'd kill myself eventually! My R1100RT is extremely stable from about 85mph on up and I've cruised at 125mph for hours at a time on my trips even in high gusting cross winds. That's one of the reasons the California Highway Patrol and a lot of other Police Departments chose it.
Take care,
Jim Larsen

------------------

jlrsn
02-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Michael,
I look forward to dropping by for a garage visit and see your toys. I'm putting in a new 40' by 60' Metal Building for a dream shop/storage about 10 miles East of Paso Robles and will be moving all my equipment down there as my new base of operations in the next 6 months so we'll have to get together before then.
Jim Larsen

------------------

dsergison
02-27-2005, 10:37 PM
My wife and I ride Buells on the street, an X1 XB9SL. And our Honda xr400 and a GasGas Pampera 280 on the trail.

I don't know what I would like more than that?

On Any Sunday.

x39
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Viking, nice Trumpet, don't see many done like that any more.

Amity
02-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Viking, Love that bike !

My favorite bike ever is the FXR. Mine is fast and smooth, fast as stink and looks great. It is my wifes now as I am building a Shovel FL/FX bike for this year.
http://home.insightbb.com/~thedepot/redgood1.jpg
A bike I covet is the old RG500t Gamma Suzuki. Unobtainium here in the US.

Best movie&gt;,,,Hmm I duno. Viva Knevel LOL

BWS
02-28-2005, 07:05 AM
x39,the problem with the new KS for me is that it gets away from the longstanding BMW premise of owner service.It started around '00-'02,and could bore you for hours on how BM really wants no-one other than their techs working on 21st cent. bikes.
My kids can and frequently do valve lash adj. on boxers.They can also balance TBs and a host of other stuff.Its really that easy.The KRS or "Brick" has been a cash cow for BM for all these years.This is NOT an exageration..........from fully clothed(all fairings in place)you can have both In & Ex cams laying on a bench inside of 20 min. without even hurrying.Try that with a transverse 4.The BM or maybe corporate policy BS intimidates riders into not wanting to touch their bikes.Their techs have been living large accordingly.But the new stuff is getting over the top WRT service.They have pwr. assisted ABS that while Homey servicable.......well theres just better ways to go about braking....better stop now,this could be a deep rant.My KRS has put up with my abuse for 50k......it does eat tyres though.

x39
02-28-2005, 09:11 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BWS:
x39,the problem with the new KS for me is that it gets away from the longstanding BMW premise of owner service.</font>

BWS- that seems to be the way the whole world is going! It's amazing they held out as long as they did.

bolmas
02-28-2005, 11:28 AM
favourite bike is my BMW R60/5 that i own at the moment,it will be a nice bike when run in but its only got 196,000 on the clock and still on the original bottom end bearings.would like a R90S but they are getting expensive.favourite bike film is fast charlie the moonbeam rider.

shawnspeed
02-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Current Bikes : '65 BSA650 ligtning basket case,soon to be street tracker, Yamaha XS 11.Also have a fleet of Yamaha DT 250/RT360 in dirttrack/icebike/dirtbike form ,with enough spares for a while yet. Bike most wanted Honda GB 500/ATK 604 or Ducati supermono.Favorite bike flick... Peter Stars Take it to the limit, a motorcycle oddysy. and the original On Any Sunday

smurph
02-28-2005, 01:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stanko:
I have several bikes all 2 stroke
1981 RD350LC
1983 RZ350
1985 RZ500
1987 TZR250
1989 TZR250
1985 Honda NS400R
Suzuki T125 Stinger
Puch SRA150 scooter
and a few awaiting execution or restoration</font>

Ah... Nice. I just love the 2 strokes. I have a 1985 RZ350. I'm looking for a nice restore project RZ500.

bikenut
02-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey fellas, great to hear from all of ya. I'm kinda surprised we got so many riders here. I'd be proud to ride with any of ya. A hellofa collection of motorsickles. Smitty

mrennie
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
#1-1984 Kawasaki 750 turbo

#2-1984 Kawasaki 750 turbo

#3-"Torque"......OK it was a crappy movie but the special effects of the bikes were cool.

http://www.onlink.net/~mrennie/turbo1.jpg

Anyone see anything out of the ordinary about my bike? G.A Ewen made alot of spacers and stuff for me, which is what got me into buying my own lathe.

Michael Moore
02-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Nice job on the wheel/front fork swap on the turbo.

cheers,
Michael

ibewgypsie
03-01-2005, 01:11 AM
I have this friend, he has this bicycle just like Pee wee Herman's.. you know the fancy swoopy model.

I saw it and have been saving my money. I want to put a whizzer motor on it.

*(he does have a bicycle like that, but I am pulling your leg)

My favorite engine is a flh panhead. The 11.5 factory compression ratio does not like the current breed of gasoline. I built a outa-junk fatboy for myself for 6,000 *low compression? sounded like a briggs and stratton engine but was unbreakable.

Current bike is a stroker shovelhead, Sitting, rusting quietly waiting on "time" to fix and complete the lil things wrong with it. I just ordered some more parts for it. Yeah, it has my strange touches, a stainless glass lens 39 chevy tail light, 75 flh rear fender, 36-48 flh front one, funky kameleon color changing flames over a rainbow micro metalflake black, funky progressive rear shocks, Funky cop saddle on a spring post, funky paugho springer w/16" front tire, I left out the jaguar carburetor *float is screwed, And a funky tri-bar antiquish headlight in the UPS truck on the way. Yes it is sitting on a jack in the middle of the house construction. Covered in sheetrock dust.

Whatever you have, ride, enjoy life. You have no clue what tomorrow brings.

I got more holes in the dyke than this lil dutch boy can poke fingers and toes into. Where's Hoffman, I said DYKE&gt;&gt;&gt; Ha..

ibewgypsie
03-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I left out...

Like to push a motorcycle? build a hot-rod... You'll get to.

Know what the insides look like? just keep revving and you will see. (drunks and revving contests)

Don't abuse your ride away from home, and NEVER I MEAN NEVER perform any uneeded roadside maintenace that can wait till you get home. The least lil thing that goes wrong and the tools you need are at home.

David http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

abn
03-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Ricksplace,

I used to own a VF700...tarif special for those that remember the tarif...Do you need a factory manual for the VF750? I've got the manual and I think I have one of the cam lifting tools specified by Honda for proper valve adjustments lying around somwhere. From my want-to-be motorcycle mechanic days.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ricksplace:
Been riding 35 years. Currently restoring an 84 vf750 honda. ..</font>

Carl
03-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Three bikes around the ol' homestead right now:

1. My old '47 Knucklehead Harley chopper that I built from parts in 1974 (I must be one of those "old school" guys they talk about on TV.) Right now it needs new paint and I want to upgrade the brakes to some that actually work.

2. 2001 Yamaha R1...150 HP, 385 pounds dry weight. I've been interested in sportbikes since the Kawasaki Ninjas hit the streets back in the mid 1980s. This bike is just barely starting to hit it's stride at 100mph, corners like it's on rails, and has brakes to match it's performance.

3. I bought a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R for my wife to learn on.

Easy Rider is probably my favorite bike movie, also like The Wild One (great old nostalgic bobber Triumphs, Harleys and Indians) and Hells Angels '69, bad movie, but features the actual Hells Angels that inspired Hunter S Thompson's (R.I.P. Hunter) book on the Angels.

[This message has been edited by Carl (edited 03-01-2005).]

suprdvn
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Worst bike: Honda 360. I thought I was moving up by replacing my 350 with this slightly newer bike. After I bought it I had to replace the engine. So I went all out and fixed the whole thing up. What a mistake, I couldn't stand driving it, so I sold it.

Just after I sold mine the Honda 360 was included in a Motorcyclist magazine article titled "The 10 Worst Motorcycles of All Time". I perfectly understood.

Best bike: Honda Nighthawk S with the tarrif busting 700cc engine. Wow, this bike was awsome. Since it had hydraulic valve lash adjusters it could have a high redline, tons of power. Oil was discretely plumbed through the frame to the oil cooler. Inter cepter style dual disk front brakes. Shaft drive, nimble.

Drove it 55000 trouble free miles until I hit a dog and wiped out. Dog-gone.

3 Phase Lightbulb
03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Did anyone ever use the old Beginner Bikes forum/website? Well, for some reason they shut it down a few months ago..

I setup a replacement here and tried to clone all of the forums.

It's a new motorcycle forum dedicated to newer riders, MSF type training, etc... We'll see how it goes..

http://www.beginner-bikes.com

-3Ph

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 03-01-2005).]

ricksplace
03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
abn-
Thanks a lot for the offer! I have the book, and the cams have been changed on my motor already. The restoration is almost complete. Have the front disc calipers to rebuild, new fork seals, and that's about all that is left. The shifter linkage was sloppy, so I bored out the linkage and made bushings on my lathe. Dealer here wanted over $300 for a new linkage.
Thanks again for the offer. Bet you could sell 'em on ebay.

Michael Moore
03-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Most any bike that has clevis pins in a linkage (shift or drum brake or lever to rear brake mastercylinder) is going to have significant wear. No one cleans them, much less lubricates them. Converting things to rod end bearings, or at least boring out the hole and bushing it so you don't have steel running on steel and eliminating the slop is going to give a much nicer action.

The small block Guzzi twins pivot the clutch throwout lever on a pin that rides in two ears on the back cover of the transmission which is pretty well buried from sight. My 650 had wear in those ears, the lever, and on the pivot pin too. Since transmission covers aren't cheap taking it out just enough to clean it up to a standard hardened steel pin, and then making a new lever with a bronze bushing to match, seemed like a worthwhile project.

I know things have to be made to a price, but there is so much stuff that can't be a lot more expensive to upgrade at the factory when they are buying in components by the tens of thousands.

cheers,
Michael

madman
03-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Try big wine corks.

darryl
03-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Keep talkin about yer bikes, guys, and I'll be forced to get mine out and get it fixed so I can ride again. We get lots of sunny and warm weather here, and there's lots of places to go for a burn. I'm startin to itch-

klla
03-03-2005, 01:00 AM
http://community.webshots.com/photo/51872821/104561944JdYINv
this is my current project, and my fav ride..gotta couple of late 60`s triumphs [1 a 68 tr6c] but this is the one i like best...hardtail,jockey shift[chk the tranny cover]sprung hub[ask a triumph guy] got all the tin finished and am workin on the 3/8 stainless roundrod fender supports/seat supports...kinda art-deco,not to everyones taste, but since i`m paying the frieght.......bike in the backround is a kasawookie ninja with a triumph engine cradle and a t140 [left shift] sportin a WESLAKE/LEPPAN full hemi,4valve per cyl 850 top end....true vintage speed eqiup made by bob leppan whom held the bonneville land speed record at one time with this head/cyl combo[latr factory made as the TSS/8valve]
scroll through the pics and youll see my MONTESA cappra 250 and my BULTACO alpina 350 along with a MLframed HUSKI
http://community.webshots.com/photo/51872821/104679223qpDjDK
fav bike? well, if a black shadow or a brough aint availible, guess i`ll just stick to what i`m biulding
fav bike movie? the scene from "great escape" [bud ekins did the jump on a triumph] comes to mind, so does "easy rider" and my all time fav "the wild ones" as the bike brando rode was his very own[and what i styled my bike after]..........
"whatcha rebelling agianst, johnnie?
whatcha got?"
gotta luvit!

3 Phase Lightbulb
03-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I just finished watching Easy Rider...

I don't get it. It seems to be more about drugs and hippies than motorcycles.

I was expecting more of a motorcycle theme, but it did make me want to go ride my bike down some deserted highway somewhere on one wheel http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

-3Ph

precisionworks
03-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Drugs, sex, rock & roll. What else is there? Harleys.

3 Phase Lightbulb
03-05-2005, 01:54 PM
If you like Easy Rider, then you'll probably like Easy Rider version 2.... It's called flashback http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

http://images.allposters.com/images/MG/200882.jpg

-3Ph