X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leshawk58
    • Mar 2005

cnc stuff

Does anyone else out there do homebuilt cnc work projects like making your own cnc,Like different style machines,controllers,making the artwork for your controller boards,things like that..i would be interested in hearing about what you did to get things working.And maybe a pic or two would be nice to see.
    les
  • hammerhead74000
    • Feb 2005

Yes!

I'm in the last stages of doing one for my Shizouka AN-S knee mill. Have a look at this thread; it's got more info on it.

I'm having a calibration issue with it (but think I know what I'm going to do to solve it), and this thread discusses it:

Comment

• hammerhead74000
      • Feb 2005

A few shots of the machine at it's previous owner's shop, before being loaded onto the truck to take it home.

I'll take some more of the new control when I get a chance.

Comment

• Paul Alciatore
        • May 2002

I haven't done any homebrew CNC yet but would love to get the time to do a mill.

I have done PCB design from schematic to artwork and etching the boards. In the past I used regular CAD programs - actually, I've done board layouts with the stick on and rub on pads and tape for traces. Now there are board places on the internet that provide their own, downloadable software free. Check out Express PCB for one. They have programs for both schematic and board design and they cross check. You send them a file and three or four days later you have real nice looking boards.

Paul A.
        Paul A.
        s
        Golden Triangle, SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

• John Stevenson
          • Mar 2001

Just finished doing a transplant to Cecil B D'Mill aka The Beaver.
          The driver cabinet went vertically challanged mammory gland shape just after Christmas.
          Here's the old setup.

The large 4' x 4' x 5' box in the corner on stilts is the old driver box and it also houses the PC.

Here's the new box with the PC on top of it. This is bolted to the wall just behind the monitor at 13" x 18" x 7" it's a tad smaller than the old one

Here's a shot from inside showing the Gecko drives. At the moment there are only 3 fitted, X,Y and Z axis, the space and all the wiring is there to add the rotary at a later date.

First real job off this last Friday was a pair of low profile sumps for a 1100cc Kawaski sidecar racing engine.

Came out fine, just need a bit of finish work and these can go out.

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 03-07-2005).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
          X