X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary Reif
    • Oct 2001

shop safety

I've been informed at work that I need to put together a shop safety presentation. I would like to be able to include how proper care and use of machinetools is part of shop safety also.

I'm a machinist in the maintenance department of a manufacturing plant and am trying to protect my fellow workers and my machinery.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Gary Reif

------------------
  • Michael Moore
    • Jun 2004

You might start off by emphasizing that safety rules that aren't followed don't result in high levels of safety.

It sounds like many people's first reaction when confronted with a safety feature is to figure out how to disable it. That's fine as long as nothing goes wrong . . .

cheers,
    Michael

Comment

• Jim Luck
      • Feb 2005

How about starting with explicet pictures showing injuries caused by stupidity!. I have only experienced one injury in the shop, a couple stitches for a cut. If you have no common sense, your an accident waiting to happen. If your in a hurry, your asking for trouble. What's the saying, there's never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it right the second time!!!. So, awareness, common sense and patience would elininate the majority of injuries. ----- Do what ya gotta do, everyone will benefit, Good-Luck!!

Comment

• precisionworks
        • Feb 2005

Try checking with your public library. They have available on interlibrary loan a number of videos. Hopefully they can get one that addresses shop safety. Videos & concise handouts go a long way toward an effective presentation.
        Barry Milton

Comment

• egpace
          • Dec 2004

Gary,
          I was faced with a similar situation years back. I found a University website that had an excellent set of guide lines for shop safety & good shop practice. I'll try to hunt it down for you.

In the mean time, take a look at a few of these, probably all you'll need.

Ed

[This message has been edited by egpace (edited 03-08-2005).]
          Ed Pacenka

Comment

Working...
          X