PDA

View Full Version : pics of women

cncwoman
03-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Maybe one day there will be a forum where people discuss machining/workshop topics without the need to belittle women who work and have worked harder than most men in machine shops. Just remember when you guys are insulting and joking there are women who will work doing the same job as you and get paid less. I just do get it. Whats the purpose in the insults. Enjoy it. I want no part of your site. What a joke!!!!!! P.S. to the guys who had something 9 inches to give a woman. Bet if he measured again he would find out his calipers need to be rezeroed.!!!!!

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
BY RE ZEROED DO YOU MEAN "CALIBRATED"? NICE TERM FOR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A CNC MACHINIST.

AND FOR SOMEONE WHO JUST JOINED THIS GROUP YOU COME OUT LIKE A REAL BIT**! SIT AND LURK AND GET TO KNOW THE GUYS AND GALS ON THE BOARD LIKE MOST DO. AND HEY, IF THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO JOIN, THATS FINE. AS FOR THE COMMENT THAT WAS MADE IN ANOTHER POST... HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.

Rustystud
03-06-2005, 08:31 AM
CNCWOMAN:

The females in my machining classes were smart, dedicated and very skilled on the machines. I also think the ladies proved their machining abilities during WWII in America. Unfortunately we have too many ignorant men and women with too much time, testosterone, with poor judgement and/or measuring skills. In many cases they let their mouth overload there backsides. I like seeing this forum when it stays on the topic of machining and stays away from social issues. I'll bet most of the readers both male and female would agree.
Rustystud

cncwoman
03-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I came on this forum to find out opinions on converting a mill to cnc. I was disgusted to find the remarks made. I thankyou for what you said. I agree about keeping it about machining. I will find another forum. Thanks for the reply.

ricksplace
03-06-2005, 08:52 AM
cncwoman:

Wow. Hostile.
Ever told a joke that pokes fun at men?
Wait a minute, you already did in your last line. Let (s)he who is without sin cast the first stone....

While your topic has merit, your choice of words will only serve to alienate those you wish to change.

Rustystud -well said. (but I still like some of the humour. It's what makes this bbs interesting.)

Your Old Dog
03-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi! Welcome to the Forum! Nice entrance!

I must say I think you are painting us all with a pretty broad brush. (no pun intended) http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif That all it takes is one foolhardy comment by one board member to condemn all the rest. I've been reading this board for sometime and have found mostly gentlemen and ladies here. Actually, I seem to remember one of the guys coming to the defense of women when one of the very post you may be talking about was made. Comments about how the woman made a major contribution to the war effort and how the job might not have gotten done had it not been for the ladies. Where are the ladies today? Just be glad your not a guy. Look at how we are portrayed on virtually every television commercial out there as stupid bungling jerks. The women are the smart ones.

To show you I can still laugh, your "rezeroing" line was a bit humourous even if you used the wrong terms.

A lot of folks on this forum, you're bound to have some odd ones. It's the law of averages at work! Generally its a very nice board and well administered. I specifically like it because occasionally it does go off topic and that keeps things interesting and not dry. If I wanted to stay totaly on topic I'd just turn off my compuker and take out my Machinery's Handbook 24 Edition and start with page 1.

Welcome to the board! Now that you got our attention tell us where your interest lie.

Ray......

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 03-06-2005).]

cncwoman
03-06-2005, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IOWOLF:
[B]BY RE ZEROED DO YOU MEAN "CALIBRATED"? NICE TERM FOR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A CNC MACHINIST.

IOWOLF:
I assumed he was using digital calipers to be that far off. My mistake. Your right if he is using dial calipers, by all means get them "CALIBRATED". Your response shows me this is not a forum for me. My post did not give you the right to call me that. It just shows that you being a man and me being a woman lets you feel that you have that right. In the same way that forums have rules and when women are insulted,have sexual remarks made about them its no big deal. A woman says she finds it an insult and she is attacked because that is not allowed. Seems one sided to me. I think you have to live with what you said to and why.

andy_b
03-06-2005, 09:16 AM
awful lot of posts for someone who claimed to be leaving and not coming back.

andy b.

wierdscience
03-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Boy,she sure knows how to make friends http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//rolleyes.gif

Lets see if I can guess,18-35 years old,single,maybe libarts college?

Am I right?

pete913
03-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Maybe there'll be a world someday without 1/4" high forehead doorknobs masquerading as toolmakers, lawyers, presidents and doctors too, but somehow i doubt it.

kap pullen
03-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Cncwoman,

Your point is well taken here anywhay.
My wife works hard in another field and I don't expect her to have take slirs and inunendos either.

kap

ps;

Maybe she means that the guys are Zeros
and nothing to do with calibrations.

I don't want to try to put words in this womans mouth.

[This message has been edited by kap pullen (edited 03-06-2005).]

[This message has been edited by kap pullen (edited 03-06-2005).]

John Stevenson
03-06-2005, 09:51 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cncwoman:
I came on this forum to find out opinions on converting a mill to cnc. I was disgusted to find the remarks made. I thankyou for what you said. I agree about keeping it about machining. I will find another forum. Thanks for the reply.</font>

OK,
Clean sheet.
Why CNC ?
What mill ?
What type of work ?
Experiance ?

John S.

PS, Done two and two more on the go at the moment.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 03-06-2005).]

wierdscience
03-06-2005, 09:54 AM
If I got p---ed everytime somebody said something I didn't like,I would get nothing done during the day.
It's part of life,get used to it.

------------------
Life is hard,better get a helmet!

lenord
03-06-2005, 11:42 AM
In the first sentence, you complain about men belittling women, then state that men don't work as hard as women. Complain aout men and then insult men in one sentence.

Second sentence, you complain
about men insulting women, and then state that women dont get paid fairly. Clearly an insult to men as it is untrue, and most of the machine shops are owned/operated by men.

Then you insult men in general in your last sentence.

You then ask the purpose of the insults ? Whose insults, yours ??

If you truly are insulted about something, try stating JUST that, you will likely get apologies from the PEOPLE here.

Perhaps it is in YOUR best interest to get a thicker skin.

Lenord

Rustybolt
03-06-2005, 11:45 AM
As usual, I don't know what the he$$ I did that brought this on.

Paul Gauthier
03-06-2005, 11:59 AM

[This message has been edited by Paul Gauthier (edited 03-06-2005).]

Evan
03-06-2005, 11:59 AM
All I can say here is that someone has a wild hair up her ass. I personally couldn't care less what color, gender or species someone is if they know their stuff. Knowledge is what I respect. Funny thing happened on the way home the other day. As we pulled up to stop at the crosswalk a BIG MACHO MAN stepped into the crosswalk. We had to wait for him to strut across the crosswalk. To bad my wife noticed his fly was open.

3 Phase Lightbulb
03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
This place is probably one of the best places to learn so I wouldn't jump ship.

If you're looking for a Happyland Smurfsville Forum with a Clean Legal Dyslexic Lesbian nude skydiving and welding topic then you might want to try this place http://www.bbssystem.com

Otherwise, stay here and just ignore the posts you don't agree with. Take advantage of the resources here because they are very valuable when you need them.

-3Ph

Evan
03-06-2005, 12:05 PM
The posts showing women in the workplace are to me an affirmation of the truth that women are the equal of men. They don't have penises but they probably don't want to, execept for the occasional recreational and/or reproductive activity.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 03-06-2005).]

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 12:15 PM
OK, 1 question, Would you start the first day on a job spouting off like that, no matter if you secretly went into the mens rest room and read the walls before work?

And quite frankly I don't care if you do come back.
BTW. I too missed the 9" post,even after going back 3 pages.

nheng
03-06-2005, 12:19 PM
It's easy to get confused between inches and cm http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

woman
03-06-2005, 12:27 PM
ok, i just have to post about this. to give a point of view from a woman without "a wild hair up her ass".

lighten up already. i have told more than my share of man-bashing jokes therefore i must accept the woman-bashing jokes when given in good humour. most are funny so this is not hard.

i have looked but cannot find the 9" comment. why this would offend someone is beyond me. i have better things in my life to bother getting my knickers in a twist over, for pete's sake.

and you simply CANNOT critisize someone about making a gender related insult and then make one yourself, not two sentences later.

take care
sarah

Betterhalf
03-06-2005, 12:35 PM
Lady I don't know where you came from and you have not paid to much attention to this BBS if you are coming out with these coments. (I am woman and work in suppling tools and supplies for machinists I have had nothing but respect from this people)

I have been on this board for some time and lurk here all the time. I have talked to and e-mail a few of these members they are a great bunch of Machinist who know their stuff and are willing to share. If the odd OT posts upsets you then don't go there. As has been said they add to things here. Everyone is different and everyone has different Ideas. We are a close knit community that supports one another and we do encourage and welcome new members.

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Did any one notice she didn't even give a email address in her profile, kind of seems to me she just popped in to spout off and never return any way.
Perhaps she needs a good romp, or perhaps she don't like men at all.

That being said I'll not mention any thing about the time of month or some such.

3 Phase Lightbulb
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by woman:
ok, i just have to post about this. to give a point of view from a woman without "a wild hair up her ass".

i have looked but cannot find the 9" comment.
</font>

Here is a 9" wild hare: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

http://www.petoftheday.com/archive/2003/June/12.jpg

-3Ph

Whoa Man
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't we be trying to cool down the thread instead of fireing it up? What's served by all this? To avoid this site turning into what the web is already infested with I think we should calm down a tad. At least veil the insults a bit and not layem out there so raw?

I'll give you the 9" wild hair post noted in the post above as it was funny but it looks to me like everyone in the thread could use a good hard wedgy to get there attention. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Whoa Man (edited 03-06-2005).]

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 12:48 PM
WOW! you made up a profile today just to say that?, who are you really?

But hey, Welcome to the board,got any thing interesting to contribute?

jack d
03-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Whoa...trouble in happyland.
Add me to the curious take went looking for the 9" comment. Could not find it either.
It's too bad, I really enjoy hearing a womans point of view in this trade.
If you do post on an open forum such as this or any other BB, it does sometimes help to have a thicker skin.
Its a jungle in Smurfsville. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif
Thats too funny... Whoa man....
jack

[This message has been edited by jack d (edited 03-06-2005).]

tattoomike68
03-06-2005, 01:05 PM
roflmao , the board is being trolled by some guy who pretends to be a woman.

on other forums gay guys put up a sexy girl pics so the boys will talk sexy to them.

$100 says cncwoman has a beard.

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/

lol

vinito
03-06-2005, 01:12 PM
This advice applies to everybody. I have to review it myself from time to time:

If you can't learn to pass over threads that tick you off, you aren't going to enjoy any forum. You can come here any day of the week and somewhere on the first page there will likely be at least one that can really get you riled up. Once you know which one it is, skip over it.
One good way to get revenge is to "take 'em for what they're worth". What's the first purpose of the forum? A: To exchange information. So extract what good you can out of it and leave what you don't want. It's like digging for gold. Mine, don't whine.
If you look at most of the "women in the shop" threads, they usually are kind of a celebration of women in the industry. To let one post ruin the whole forum for you is pretty miopic in my opinion, no matter which comment pushed you over the edge.

$.02

egpace
03-06-2005, 01:22 PM
This forum needs no defense, it is what it is. This forum is open to the average guy, the terrorist, the homeless, republicans, green peace members, communists, bigots, etc. Osama Bin Laden is not restricted nor Sadam Hussein if Hitler was still alive he could post if he wanted. No restriction on Geoffrey Dahmer, Lizzie Borden, or Attila the Hun. My point being if you can't filter out what's offensive to you & find the wealth of info contained within, it's truly your loss.
Ed

John Stevenson
03-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Sorry Ed,
Gotta draw the line at Attila the Hun.
I've got a lathe called Ivan the Terrible can you image the mayhem, stripped gears, wheels and pheriferies that would be flying about if these two met.
No man Attila's definitely banned.

John S.

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey, at least she's smart enough to know where the Cap lock key is. BTW, if someone has a pair of Mitutoyo Digi-Cals handy could you take a look at them and tell me what the little yellow button on the lower right of the face is labeled?

Dave

vinito
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Dave,
Mine reads "objects may be smaller than they appear"
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Of course, I haven't worked up the courage to check that out for myself. The stress might result in a false reading anyway.

[This message has been edited by vinito (edited 03-06-2005).]

Tinkerer
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Aaaah Drama... it's the salt of a BBS it can add a little something. I never seen the mentioned 9" comment... ( if I really was made at all ). I think this could be a TROLLING effort with a trebel hook.

Hey 3ph maybe you could add DRAMAVILLE to your BBS then people would have a place to hammer out the dents... blow smoke and make crack.

Tim

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Happyland Smurfville might be a better name 3Ph.

Using the search function I've come across a fair number of posts that are derogitory or abusive and can see where a female lurker would not feel welcome. Recent comments include statements about women knowing their place and the addition of puritant images to the historic photos of women in the shop. I've been on the board for a while and can look past this to a fair degree, but I certainly would not want to share these posts with my daughter, partner or mother either, and the latter two are people whom I would not hesitate to share an occasional off color joke with either.

egpace
03-06-2005, 03:15 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Stevenson:
Sorry Ed,
Gotta draw the line at Attila the Hun.
I've got a lathe called Ivan the Terrible can you image the mayhem, stripped gears, wheels and pheriferies that would be flying about if these two met.
No man Attila's definitely banned.

John S.</font>

Doh! I knew I should have said Ghengis Kahn!

John Stevenson
03-06-2005, 03:29 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by egpace:

Doh! I knew I should have said Ghengis Kahn!</font>

Did I menton the Mongolian import dividing head ???

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Dave O, I was yelling!
We all know my problems,now lets focus on hers.
And who said it was a mitutoyo?
Sticking up for somebody in your same state is not gallant.

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 03-06-2005).]

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 04:00 PM
You seem to do a lot of that.

No one said it was a Mitutoyo. But just look at one and tell me what the label for the button is. Seems that if it's good enough for Mitutoyo it should be good enough for us.

Just in case you don't have one handy:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/tylertool_1832_67185590

[This message has been edited by Dave Opincarne (edited 03-06-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Dave Opincarne (edited 03-06-2005).]

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 04:05 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:

Sticking up for somebody in your same state is not gallant.

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 03-06-2005).]</font>

ROFLMAO

sauer38h
03-06-2005, 04:39 PM
All well and fine, but you guys should lay off the sheep-molestation jokes. I think if you clean up your act you might find that you'll get more posts here from our friends in the ungulate department.

Carl
03-06-2005, 04:40 PM
http://logo.cafepress.com/0/356074.193280.gif

Line up fellas, this is going to take a while. We just went through this on the other board with Jaybird. This board is way to valuable a resource to fly off the handle at some politically incorrect comment. All the photos I have posted of women in the shop were for their historical interest and I think most men here would agree that we wouldn't of won the wars without them. If a person can exhibit excellence in a venue in which the standards of excellence have not been lowered for the sake of political correctness, then they have my utmost respect, no matter what their sex, color, creed, race, or religion.

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 04:57 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carl:
All the photos I have posted of women in the shop were for their historical interest and I think most men here would agree that we wouldn't of won the wars without them. </font>

Like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/lathefan/1e82d6f9.jpg

I'm not hoping or wanting some touchy feely love fest, but it would be nice if I could share this site with my daughter when she gets a little older. As it is there are a number of comments made that I would not want her to see.

Carl
03-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Dave, I guess your daughter won't be watching much cable tv when she gets a little older? Britney Spears is on cable just about 24 hours a day doing much worse at 30 frames per second. I guess now I have to apologize to you and your daughter because:

http://logo.cafepress.com/0/356074.193280.gif

[This message has been edited by Carl (edited 03-06-2005).]

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Most likley she won't. Hopefuly she will learn a little something about integrity and consideration as well as behaving in public. As part of that I hope she'll be able to reconcile her words with her actions and as a result will be appreciated for her merits rather than her appearance.

Carl
03-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Maybe your daughter should read this post you made before you cast anymore stones:

Dave Opincarne
Member posted 05-24-2003 10:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what would be the recomended primary diameter and leangth? Would it depend on if you were running street or a pro-stock ass? What about a top fuel ass like Thrud? Does it realy help your colin breath better? I'm not going to ask about blowers or ingection (noxc...I mean nitrous or fuel)
-Dave

Tinkerer
03-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Dave.. The original photo that Carl posted did not include the pasted image that appears in your posted link. Unless your saying it's his fault by default because he posted the original image that was photo shopped and if he never posted the 1st you would not have seen the second.

Carl I like the old photos you post.

Tim

hsmike
03-06-2005, 05:29 PM
9" Comment is in the first post.
I wouldnt know, My calipers only go to 8"

billr
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
good afternoon.

man, [and women] this crap is really sad. most of you sound like a bunch of 4 year olds.

i come here for machining. if i wanted this crap i would see if i could find my ex-wife. i would rather go shoot.

whomever and whatever this person, cncwoman, is she/it needs some valium pretty bad.

i am aware that i am abrasive, and go through a lot of thought BEFORE i push the button to post, and make every attempt to be scrupulously polite.

i am rolling in the floor laughing my ass off at the picture that phrase, 'getting her knickers in a twist' makes in my head. it was worth reading all the other crap for that. i cas SEE that.

thank you, [woman i think---too lazy to go back and look] for a little levity today.

lotsa you folks need to read the next line.

peace.
bill [and not afraid to admit it and don't have to hide behind some alias]

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Opincarne:
Most likley she won't. Hopefuly she will learn a little something about integrity and consideration as well as behaving in public. As part of that I hope she'll be able to reconcile her words with her actions and as a result will be appreciated for her merits rather than her appearance. </font>
ROFLMAO

Carl
03-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey Dave, maybe you can explain to your daughter what the winking smiley face at the end of this comment you made means.

Dave Opincarne
Member posted 04-20-2003 11:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alistair, vasiline is best used as a lubricant for press fits.
IP:

nheng
03-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Dave, Unless you shelter her from all the (tv/movie) crap out there ... constant, tasteless sexual innuendo that masquerades as humor targeted at young teens, she may be able to hold her own against anyone on this board or others (unfortunately). I'm in the same boat and cringe at what these kids will know before they turn even 16 (make that 15 http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//eek.gif )

John Stevenson
03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Too right Bill.
What a load of politically correct namby pamby's.
Just go back to the start and re read all this.

I can't believe we are all grown up's here, it sounds just like the school playground arguments I hear when I pick my grandson up from school.

My wife has just read thru this lot, her comment was "Are they for real "
when I insisted it was all for real here parting comment was "What a load of Twonks [ or similar ]why don't they get a life?"

This political correctness has gone too far.
I opted out three years ago.
It's not a spade it's a F#~k*ng shovel !!!

John S.

Carl
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey Dave maybe you can explain to your daughter what this little phrase meant:

Dave Opincarne
Member posted 06-05-2003 12:34 AM
So what you're saying is you'd like to come and go at the same time? Well Thrud, I do respect a man who knows his limits and when to set them aside and go for it.

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with that Carl, I think I shared with the board a couple years ago when she made her first fart joke. I'm no choir boy and I curse in front of her. I also share moderatly off color jokes with my mother, female aquaintences, and with my wife when we were married. And yes that includes sheep jokes. Also being divorced and unatached I also visit some adult web sites when the mood strikes, but I don't do it when my daughter's in residence and I think we all would agree that it would be inappropriate to post photos of that nature here. It's simply not appropriate.

The PC paintbrush your using is so broad I wonder how you can get it in the paint can. But it's well used, any mention that some comment might be inappropriate and out it comes, so it must be working.

I enjoy most of Carl's photo's too, and I think the historical ones he's posted have a lot of merit. I hope he keeps posting them, but the one I posted the link to was posted by Carl as well and I think it's disingenuous of him to claim that all the photos have been for historical interest.

Carl
03-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey Dave, I think the word is TOUCHE. You can say it...or do I have to keep searching?

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Carl, at 4 1/2 I wouldn't take her to a PG13 movie. As an adolecent I would. But at no point would I willingly expose her to something that was demeaning to her. Comments that she is less worthy than a male, should know her place, or is only valuable as eye candy are firmly in that camp.

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 06:03 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carl:
Hey Dave, I think the word is TOUCHE. You can say it...or do I have to keep searching?</font>

Go ahead, find something where I've stated that women are less worthy or capible than men. For that matter find a post that claims I've been acting out of historical motivation and then stripped in a scantily clad woman to make it even more historicaly relevent.

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Cool Carl, now he is off my ass, keep up the good work.

billr
03-06-2005, 06:10 PM
good evening.

rolling on the floor and laughing my ass off some more.

peace.
bill

Tinkerer
03-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Dave... Sorry you right Carl did paste the image. I did not see the image in the original post and missed the link to it. So I guess we were both right on this one. He did not post the image in the thread but he did make it.

Tim

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
BY RE ZEROED DO YOU MEAN "CALIBRATED"? NICE TERM FOR SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE A CNC MACHINIST.

AND FOR SOMEONE WHO JUST JOINED THIS GROUP YOU COME OUT LIKE A REAL BIT**! SIT AND LURK AND GET TO KNOW THE GUYS AND GALS ON THE BOARD LIKE MOST DO. AND HEY, IF THEN YOU DON'T WANT TO JOIN, THATS FINE. AS FOR THE COMMENT THAT WAS MADE IN ANOTHER POST... HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.</font>

As for correcting terminology (go on Carl, start looking for technichal errors now, I'm a lousy speller to if you want to check for grammer) There's a difference between zeroing and calibrating. Zeroing is what you do to reset the reading on your calipers or DRO to a relative position. Y'know the little button that says "zero". Also done by rotating the dial on dial cals or on a clock to read zero at the current position or by setting a new home on a CNC. Calibrating is what you do when you send your tool off to the metrology dept to have it checked against a known standard. I wouldn't mention it but since you r respect for the merits of peoples arguments seems to be related to the proper nominclature I thought you'd appreciate that bit of info.

One question though (and in the interest of fairness I'll concede that was far from the best introductory post) If she hadn't been lurking how would she have been aware of the comments made in some of the message threads?

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 06:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tinkerer:
Dave... Sorry you right Carl did paste the image. I did not see the image in the original post and missed the link to it. So I guess we were both right on this one. He did not post the image in the thread but he did make it.

Tim</font>

Not a problem, like I said I enjoy 99.9% of his photos too and had to double check it had been posted by him.

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 06:29 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Opincarne:
As for correcting terminology (go on Carl, start looking for technichal errors now, I'm a lousy speller to if you want to check for grammer) There's a difference between zeroing and calibrating. Zeroing is what you do to reset the reading on your calipers or DRO to a relative position. Y'know the little button that says "zero". Also done by rotating the dial on dial cals or on a clock to read zero at the current position or by setting a new home on a CNC. Calibrating is what you do when you send your tool off to the metrology dept to have it checked against a known standard. I wouldn't mention it but since you r respect for the merits of peoples arguments seems to be related to the proper nominclature I thought you'd appreciate that bit of info.

One question though (and in the interest of fairness I'll concede that was far from the best introductory post) If she hadn't been lurking how would she have been aware of the comments made in some of the message threads?</font>

Damn, I spoke too soon, but now that you mention it...She has already admited to her mistake, GET OVER IT!

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Damn, I spoke too soon, but now that you mention it...She has already admited to her mistake, GET OVER IT!</font>

Agreed! And yes she probibly ment calibrated not zeroed. And as I said, that wasn't the best introductory post. If she didn't want to participate it would have been better to move on, but I'm not an acctivist type so I can't see the logic of it. I'm invested in this board so I'm willkng to stick around and spend my time on the soap box. To that end I'm sincere in wanting to be able to share my interest with my daughter and would want her to be feel welcome and appreciated should she participate (or in any other social group)

Dave

IOWOLF
03-06-2005, 06:46 PM
FINE,get over it, Do not attack me further or I may get angry....You don't want to see me angry.LOL

Dave Opincarne
03-06-2005, 07:02 PM
FINE,get over it, Do not attack me further or I may get angry....You don't want to see me angry.LOL</font>

Careful, you'll wear out your cap lock key. You are using the cap lock key when you do that aren't you? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

crewchief
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
guy went to the doctors to get some advice on having a penis extension,$1000 dollars for one inch extra,$2000 for 3 inches ,raced home and told his wife the good news,how long do you want it honey??dont worry she said i think i rather have the new kitchen......

crewchief
03-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Maybe one day there will be a forum where people discuss machining/workshop topics without the need to belittle women who work and have worked harder than most men in machine shops. Just remember when you guys are insulting and joking there are women who will work doing the same job as you and get paid less. I just do get it. Whats the purpose in the insults. Enjoy it. I want no part of your site. What a joke!!!!!! P.S. to the guys who had something 9 inches to give a woman. Bet if he measured again he would find out his calipers need to be rezeroed.!!!!!</font>

crewchief
03-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Maybe one day there will be a forum where people discuss machining/workshop topics without the need to belittle women who work and have worked harder than most men in machine shops. Just remember when you guys are insulting and joking there are women who will work doing the same job as you and get paid less. I just do get it. Whats the purpose in the insults. Enjoy it. I want no part of your site. What a joke!!!!!! P.S. to the guys who had something 9 inches to give a woman. Bet if he measured again he would find out his calipers need to be rezeroed.!!!!!</font>just cos youve had the operation dose'nt mean you can think like a woman !

Rustybolt
03-06-2005, 09:23 PM
9 INCHES!!!!
When it's cold here I have on six inches of clothes, but I only have 3 inches of ding ding. I could pee outside and not got my clothes wet with a few extra inches.

Betcha that guy lives in Florida or someplace warm. Damn!

Your Old Dog
03-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I've said it once before but it bears repeating:

To cncwoman: "Hi! Welcome to the Forum! Nice entrance!" http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

To everyone else: We all having a good time? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 03-06-2005).]

charlie coghill
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
I agree with Tattoo I think that it was someone that threw a hook and you fellows went for it even some of the girls. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif (Thanks Ladys for sticking up for us knuckle draggers).

If this person is for real all the matter with her is she got a blue chip down her underware and it hurts.
Charlie

spope14
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Can't believe I waded though all of this, but loved the sign, it applies well to my work at times.

Whomever it was that complained to begin with, best to you to. As I say as the Mayor of the city when somebody comes up in the "citizens forum" and just spouts to spout...I answer:

"Thank you, I will take that under consideration".

In the words of the Talking Heads, and the mantra of Public Education, the bastian of Political Correctness, and the bain of us true blue shop teachers and "vokies" (vocational Ed teachers who have little time to ponder PC BS) who have really more to do than deal with this...we quote David Byrnes classic life changing observations and words of deep meaning:

"Same as it ever was..Same as it ever was...same as it ever was.....Same...as...it...ever...was.".

Which means in the end...Ok, you said it, I kind of listened....but it really does not help me to figure out this damned solid jaw flex problem or my new found drawbar rub problem in my third Bridgeport.

wierdscience
03-06-2005, 10:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Your Old Dog:

To everyone else: We all having a good time? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 03-06-2005).]</font>

Damn straight! All is well in Happy Smurfsville http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Evan
03-07-2005, 04:09 AM
Favorite bumper sticker:

Nuke gay whales for Jesus.

I suppose it could be improved to offend all possible. It does need to be short to fit. 9" is too long for most. 7 will do.

speedy
03-07-2005, 04:43 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rustybolt:
9 INCHES!!!!
but I only have 3 inches of ding ding. Damn!</font>

Was that the door bell?? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Will someone please answer the damn door!!

-----------
I've got to agree with you Charlie, someone has tooled us up and is somewhere watching, laughing their tits off http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif ( I hope so http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif )

Ken

jack d
03-07-2005, 05:09 AM
This is sooooo much better than TV http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif
jack
ps, I AM having a good time.... it does look like we've been snookered once again.

.RC.
03-07-2005, 05:48 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
Favorite bumper sticker:

Nuke gay whales for Jesus.

I suppose it could be improved to offend all possible. It does need to be short to fit. 9" is too long for most. 7 will do.</font>

Test nukes on Female Arab Jewish Black Gay Whales...

That should do it.. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

John Stevenson
03-07-2005, 05:55 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ringer:
Test nukes on Female Arab Jewish Black Gay Whales...

That should do it.. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif</font>

Missed the Eskimo's, Packi's and Abbo's

John S.

.RC.
03-07-2005, 06:42 AM
I dunno you just can't satisfy some people.. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

IOWOLF
03-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Not even with 9 inches.

Yes Im haveing a good time!

Rustybolt
03-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Not even with 9 inches.

Yes Im haveing a good time!</font>

Jay. The only way it could get funnier is if monkeys were somehow involved.

(cue the monkeys)

andypullen
03-07-2005, 10:22 AM
cncwoman.....get over it.

Women have been complaining of mistreatment for decades. Sure, there has been some of that. But, nobody here has meant any harm in their comments. I agree with Carl about the PC world we now live in. I happen to like all the pics he's posted. The only one that's made me slightly uncomfortable was the slave labor pic. But, it's still a good pic.

I'll agree with Kap, too. I wouldn't want my wife to be slandered or have to put up with slurs at work, either. But, she's going to be working in a parochial school starting in the fall, hopefully.

I've worked for 2 or 3 women and have had no problems with them. I still do some contract work for one of them. As far as women being in the shop....Come on in. If you have the ability, then you are more than welcome. I feel that pay should be commensurate with ability. I wouldn't hire a woman and pay her less because she was a woman.

I have 2 daughters and one of them has a real interest in anything daddy does in the basement. She wants to "help" me when I'm running one of the machines. When she gets bigger (she's 3); I'll teach her what I know if that's what she wants.

My wife is a bit sensitive, too. Nowhere near as bad as you, cncwoman, but I still catch hell if somebody makes a comment that bothers her.

Lighten up.

There's alot of good info to be had here. John Stevenson asked what he could help you with. Twice. Take him up on it.

Andy Pullen

lynnl
03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I must be crazy! ...just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading all this crap.

bspooh
03-07-2005, 02:09 PM
This was a great post..Lots of humor..I love it..

CNCWOMAN--go away, you smell..

brent

madman
03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
CNC woman if you cant take the heat get your a.. back in that kitchen. LOL. Im just kidding welcome we need another woman here poor Audrey hasnt been even bothering as of lately to post anything. Lack of mental stimulaytion she says. Perhaps another woman on the site would give her someone to talk to. (That is cnc woman if YOU REALLY ARE A WOMAN. hOW ABOUT A REVIELING PHOTO)

caddy
03-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Whew! Everyone's all fired up. Boys, Like Pop always said: "girls are trouble" Clearly that is the case here as well

egpace
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
A little paranoia, could this be elninio using an alias just to reek havoc on us for some smart a.. remarks he recieved?

John Stevenson
03-07-2005, 06:59 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by egpace:
A little paranoia, could this be elninio using an alias just to reek havoc on us for some smart a.. remarks he recieved?</font>

No.
He doesn't know what a ball screw is

tattoomike68
03-07-2005, 07:17 PM
lol,If that was on yahoo message boards the posters would reply..

YEY B**** STOP WEARING 5 COLORS OF LIPSTICK IT MAKES MY C*** LOOK LIKE A RAINBOW.

lol

I STAND ON MY OLD POST AS...
roflmao , the board is being trolled by some guy who pretends to be a woman.
on other forums gay guys put up a sexy girl pics so the boys will talk sexy to them.

$100 says cncwoman has a beard.

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/ (killer tune)

lol

realy, if she was for real she could handle some crap and fling it back at up.

yawn, she is just a troll.

rockrat
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow, you miss a day around here and you miss a lot. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

wierdscience
03-08-2005, 09:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rockrat:
Wow, you miss a day around here and you miss a lot. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif</font>

You do have a note from your mother don't you? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif