PDA

View Full Version : welder

gravelyhead
03-11-2005, 07:47 AM
just bought a westinghouse 300 tw tig welder with a cobra alum wire feed on top and this has air hook up for the drive does anybody know where i can get a manual for this welder

IOWOLF
03-11-2005, 09:17 AM
LET me get this straight a tig welder with a wire feed on top, is it a all in one machine?

precisionworks
03-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Sounds like GH has a cold-wire, continuous-feed TIG. It's almost like MIG welding without the spatter. Really nice for long seams & also for round parts when used with a rotary welding positioner.

gravelyhead
03-11-2005, 12:19 PM
sorry for the mix up it is a AC/DC ARC / TIG WELDER WITH A COBRA ALU PUSH/PULL MIG SET-UP THE MIG PART USES THE WESTINGHOUSE WELDER AS THE POWER SORCE THE TIG IS BUILT IN THE MACHINE JUST GOT THIS OFF E BAY AND IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING A CART TO HOLD THE MACHINE AND THE SEPARATE WATER COOLER BY THE WAY CAN I USE AUTO ANTI FREEZE FOR THE WATER COOLED TIG

precisionworks
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
You can use distilled water if your shop temp stays above 32 degrees. If it regularly goes lower, Miller sells antifreeze http://store.cyberweld.com/lowconan.html

All the manufacturers specifically say don't use automotive antifreeze as it will void any warranty.

rbjscott
03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
See what is recommended by Miller. Do not use HF when you are miging--bad things can happen.