PDA

View Full Version : Falling block revisited.

hoffman
03-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm still thinking about making a falling block. Anyone have any links to someone documenting their progress.
Added heat treating to my arsenal so I shouldn't have to farm any of it out which is cool...

------------------
Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

chkz
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Hoffman,
check out www.homegunsmith.com (http://www.homegunsmith.com)

chris

Tinker2
03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
What kind? What cal???
Have you looked at the book they sell here??

madman
03-14-2005, 12:04 AM
I just got my book on building a falling block action. I found it kinda a bit vague. Proper manufacturing drawings would of been a bit nicer but I will try to Muddle through it.

JCHannum
03-14-2005, 10:12 AM
madman, do you have the Mueller book on falling block action? If so, I find your comments surprising. I have the magazine articles, and they are among the best plans I have seen. I would recommend anyone interested in building a rifle action of any type to get the book, as the engineering information alone is worth the price.

If you are referring to the Frank De Haas book, it is vague, and the drawings are lacking in dimensions. This book is more like shop notes, but is still a good starting point for a simple action that can be built with very limited equipment.

hoffman
03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Weird, very weird... I thought the home gunsmith link sounded pretty cool but the link didn't work. So I did a search and turned up:
thehomegunsmith.com
Pretty neat stuff with lots of pdf plans and pictures of how to build a submachinegun with simple tools. Kinda scary too...
Anyway, I downloaded all the plans but when I went back to the site today it's GONE.
I even went through my history and tried the links. NOTHING...
Probably exceeded his bandwith but you never know...

------------------
Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga

decoy91288
03-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I saw your post and was motivated to try to find it myself. Clicked the link and there it was. They must have had the server unplugged.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:
Weird, very weird... I thought the home gunsmith link sounded pretty cool but the link didn't work. So I did a search and turned up:
thehomegunsmith.com
Pretty neat stuff with lots of pdf plans and pictures of how to build a submachinegun with simple tools. Kinda scary too...
Anyway, I downloaded all the plans but when I went back to the site today it's GONE.
I even went through my history and tried the links. NOTHING...
Probably exceeded his bandwith but you never know...

</font>

hoffman
03-14-2005, 02:10 PM
This is the site I was talking about:
http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/index.html
Scary stuff from a clever guy...

madman
03-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Frank de haas book.