PDA

View Full Version : 4 piece combination square

indyducati
03-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Hi folks,

Forrest said I needed a middling quality combination square. Of course I started shopping for one. Actually I needed one anyway. In the current HSM there's a full-page ad from Kitt Tools. They show a 4 piece square, US made, for only $59. Seemed too good to be true. Anyway, I bought one and it is the PEC brand. Seems to be good quality to me. Only $3 shipping and I've never seen a 4 piece set for under $100, that was American made. I've got no connection to Kitt, I'm just a happy customer.

Steve in Indy

precisionworks
03-19-2005, 02:05 AM
PEC (Products Engineering Corp) makes a number of nicely made tools http://www.productsengineering.com/tools/onlinecatalog/

Good to have a source other than MSC/J&L/etc., especially one that advertises in HSM.

zl1byz
03-19-2005, 04:13 AM
I'm glad to here you are happy with your PEC tools. Only once have I bought PEC and I was very disapointed in the quality, so much so i returned the item and bought a different brand. It was a pin chuck set, the collets were so poorly made you measured the runout in millimeters. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I sure wont be buying any more PEC brand no matter were it's made.

John.