PDA

View Full Version : OT -row row row your boat

ricksplace
03-23-2005, 07:24 AM
A Japanese company and an Canadian Company decided to have a boat race. Both practiced long and hard. On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.
The Canadian team was depressed and decided the reason for the crushing defeat had to be found. A "measurement team" comprised of senior management investigated. The team found that the Japanese team had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering while the Canadian team had 1 person rowing and 8 people steering. The Canadian team hired a consultant and paid him lots of money. He decided that too many people were steering the boat and not enough people were rowing. The Canadian team reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder, It was called the "Rowing Team Quality First Program", with meetings, dinners, and free pens for the rower. "We must give the rower empowerment and enrichment through this program."

The next year the Japanese team won by two miles.
Humiliated, the management of the Canadian team laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new boat, sold the paddles and cancelled all capital investments for new equipment. Then they used the money saved by giving a High Performance Award to the steering committee managers and distributed the rest of the money as bonuses to the senior executives.

IOWOLF
03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Yup, sounds like canadians to me.

ricksplace
03-23-2005, 08:50 AM
We are known for our self-deprecating humour...

decoy91288
03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
You failed to mention the U.S. vs Japan race. The U.S. hired Chinese to do it for them.

andy_b
03-23-2005, 12:43 PM
i once worked for that company.
i am not kidding.

andy b.

Wirecutter
03-23-2005, 12:50 PM

[This message has been edited by Wirecutter (edited 01-28-2006).]

dakoda62
03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
This sounds like our Polar Foods scandal in P.E.I.

PSD KEN
03-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Also soundslike the "friendly Skies" Now Bankrupt airline that I worked for.
(for saving the company $$$$$$$$$, here is you coffee mug with the Co. Logo!!)

motorworks
03-23-2005, 10:31 PM
No Newfoundlanders on that Canadian team!!

charlie coghill
03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
yup, sounds like the company just before I retired.

.RC.
03-24-2005, 01:57 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by decoy91288:
You failed to mention the U.S. vs Japan race. The U.S. hired Chinese to do it for them.</font>

ROFL......But the US also lost as the chinese made and operated boat sunk before it finished...LOL