PDA

View Full Version : TIP: Electronic Parts Information

Paul Alciatore
03-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Another post recently asked for help identifying the leads on a couple of electronic parts. This kind of request has come up before. Most manufacturers of electronic parts post complete data sheets on the web.

You can search for specific sites like Texas Instruments (www.ti.com) or you can find links from the major distributors like Digi-Key (www.digikey.com) and Newark (www.newark.com). Just find your exact part or a similar one and click on the link for "more information" or "specs" or "data sheet".

Not only can you easily get the pin-outs but the data sheets contain all the technical information and often some application notes as well. You can also find some other application type literature on these sites. And it is all available at no cost from your easy chair. And the information can be saved to disk or printed for future reference.

If you can't find the part in question on the distributors sites, try searching for the manufacurer directly.

Paul A.

J Tiers
03-29-2005, 12:33 PM
What you say is true.

However, if you look casually at the pic of the part, you will see the problem.

The labeled "manufacturer" is "Kolyn". Definitely one of the big three semi manufacturers......in southwest Kazakhstan maybe.....

And, one not familiar with parts might not immediately see that "7805UC" means voltage regulator.

For grins I tried the search with what one might do failing any other info.

Putting both words into Google advanced search "all" function gave a "did not match" result.

Putting in to the "one of these" function gave a number of results for university professors, and others with "Kolyn" in their names.

But in most cases, where a full part number is given, or a "real" manufacturer, it will work.

In this case, the marked supplier is probably a russian "floor sweepings relabeled" outfit.

Maker
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
When I need info on an electronic part, one of the first places I go is www.nteinc.com (http://www.nteinc.com) . They have a good cross-reference, and offer data sheets for their parts.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Maker (edited 03-29-2005).]