PDA

View Full Version : Rodent Wrist

jfsmith
04-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Less than 24 hours and I will be cut. I am having my carpel tunnel surgery tomorrow morning at 07:30.

Jerry, better know as Lefty

hoffman
04-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Good luck. Write "WRONG HAND" with magic marker on the wrong hand...
Trust me, I work in healthcare http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
Pretty routine surgery these days. I wouldn't worry just do the PT as prescribed and you'll be OK.

------------------
Deep Sea Tool Salvage

JRouche
04-18-2005, 10:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:
Good luck. Write "WRONG HAND" with magic marker on the wrong hand...
</font>

Yep. I just had elbow surgery to reattach a tendon like thingy and the nurse had me mark the bad elbow where the pain was. Also, those pens are really good markers. My wife is a nurse and one of them followed her home.

I have actually had a few surgeries lately and I kinda like the moment just prior to passin out, then without any passage of time I'm awake again. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//cool.gif
JRouche

spope14
04-18-2005, 10:17 PM
I am "looking forward" to this in the near future. Let me know how this goes.

It is good you caught this in time. I may have been a "tough guy' far too long and caused too much damage.

Just FYI, most of the Carpel tunnel surgery tools are made in Charlestown, NH by many a former student of mine, at a company run by a good friend. Good people, high quality. feel comfort that the tools will work just fine.

[This message has been edited by spope14 (edited 04-18-2005).]

ricksplace
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Just a comment about physiotherapy. I attended a "hand and upper limb" clinic after my skiing accident. (few broken bones and a torn rotator cuff) The physiotherapy really makes a difference.

Sometimes it's painful, but hey -no pain, no gain. I call my physio the "physioterrorist". He thinks it's hilarious.

He told me I'd be golfing great this summer. I told him he's quite the miracle worker, 'cause I couldn't golf worth sh@# before...

Best of luck...