PDA

View Full Version : O.T. It's getting out hand

chief
04-21-2005, 05:29 AM
http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/

This site is worth the read, it's nonsense like this that causes me to reteat to the safety and normalcy of my shop.

pete913
04-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Yep. This stuff falls into about the same catagory as political rant radio. Lotsa words presented as facts with no actual basis in fact.

Boomer
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Actually that's "National" political rant radio A.K.A. NPR.

lklb
04-21-2005, 12:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Actually that's "National" political rant radio A.K.A. NPR</font>
I don't know. NPR is left leaning but as far as ranting,near psychotic,hate spewing, often loose and carefree with the facts,sort of speech , the Right is in their own league. No contest!
Face it,N.P.R. vs
Fox,Limbaugh,Hannity,and all ? That's Little League vs Pros

Wirecutter
04-21-2005, 12:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lklb:

Actually that's "National" political rant radio A.K.A. NPR</font>
I don't know. NPR is left leaning but as far as ranting,near psychotic,hate spewing, often loose and carefree with the facts,sort of speech , the Right is in their own league. No contest!
Face it,N.P.R. vs
Fox,Limbaugh,Hannity,and all ? That's Little League vs Pros

Uh oh. Here we go. FWIW, I like NPR. As long as you remain aware that they're a bit left-leaning, NPR can be good. Sure, they sometimes get a bug up their butts about something that annoys me, but they're a lot closer to "The Center" than the likes of Liddy, Limbaugh, et al.

I say, be suspicious of the extremists, whoever they may be. They're the ones that can take a complicated issue, gloss over a bunch of (often critical) details, and come up with a simple answer that benefits very few. I personally don't care to have leaders that are masters of sound bites, but incapable of anything beyond hot air and hand-wringing.

Uh oh. Now *I'm* doing it. That's it - off to the shop...

Your Old Dog
04-21-2005, 12:45 PM
as noted above: "I don't know. NPR is left leaning but as far as ranting,near psychotic,hate spewing, often loose and carefree with the facts,sort of speech , the Right is in their own league. No contest!
Face it,N.P.R. vs
Fox,Limbaugh,Hannity,and all ? That's Little League vs Pros"

I'll defend Conservative Viewpoint talkshows anyday. I've had a lifetime of having "all" the rest of the media badmouthing the country I live in. I'm an American and very proud of it. The liberal media, with it's agenda driven bias, does not make me feel good about being American. To hear them talk, the country and the Republication Administration has done absolutly noting correct. By the law of averages that's BS and most of us know it.

Americans have done more good for the world than most of the other countries put together but the only examples to refute this post will likely be anything bad we might have done along the way.

I like feeling good about my country so much that I just changed my party affiliation. I'm embarrassed to have been part of one that is so down on who we are.

By the way. If per small chance the guy who just spit chewing tobacco in Jane Fonda's face at her new book signing is a board member, thanks bro, many of us have dreamed of being able to do that!

BillH
04-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Rush is right.

Dave Opincarne
04-21-2005, 01:58 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Boomer:
Actually that's "National" political rant radio A.K.A. NPR.</font>

Gee, if I'd known you felt that way I'd have made the pledge in your name.

Jim Caudill
04-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Politics do not belong here. This is for "Home Shop Machinist" to talk about their hobby of metalworking. I would appreciate it if you would confine your remarks as appropriate. There are lots of other venues for political ramblings.

johnhurd
04-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Hear Hear

"By the way. If per small chance the guy who just spit chewing tobacco in Jane Fonda's face at her new book signing is a board member, thanks bro, many of us have dreamed of being able to do that!"

Got my vote and any extra cash if they prosecute!

CCWKen
04-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Ditto!

Is this the same J. Hurd that went to TJHS in SAT about 1968?

pete913
04-21-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't really worry too much about the likes of Rush, the lonely junkie Limbaugh, as he couldn't get elected dog catcher in Mudflap Mississippi if he had a 300 billion dollar campaign budget. Notice his obvious miniscule, if any, part in the last republican convention? Even they think he's an embarrassment.
I don't need him or Al Franken or anybody else telling me how to think. I think people who worry about media bias are themselves too brainwashed by one side or the other to think independantly in the first place, which is a really scary scenario.

[This message has been edited by pete913 (edited 04-21-2005).]

pete913
04-21-2005, 08:16 PM
[This message has been edited by pete913 (edited 04-21-2005).]

BillH
04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Having a bad day pete?

PSD KEN
04-21-2005, 08:59 PM
I agree that Jane F. deserved it. Too bad she wasn't caught in a B-52 carpet bombing.
Right and Left all have their share of lunatics.
I resent the Left telling me what is good for me, I am not hopelessly brain dead (yet)

lklb
04-21-2005, 09:07 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't really worry too much about the likes of Rush, the lonely junkie Limbaugh, as he couldn't get elected dog catcher in Mudflap Mississippi
</font>

Somehow, I feel sad about that. I think it's an undisputable fact that he is a brilliant entertainer.He singlehandedly reinvented AM radio and made himself QUITE rich and famous.

I think I always rooted for the underdog,and early on I really enjoyed his humor and wit. Millions did.I even wore his tee shirt and wasn't afraid to show it.

But, his gang has run this country for a long time and the crap that happens now is their responsibility. Who the hell wants to listen to rambling ,pass the buck to the last guy who was here nonsense. What's next, blame the Whigs or The Know Nothing Party from 150 years ago?
These folks don't wear their success well and the hubris is way too thick, bordering on dangerous.
Drugs abuse didn't destroy Rush Limbaugh, it is just a symptom ,but success did.....................

[This message has been edited by lklb (edited 04-21-2005).]

wierdscience
04-21-2005, 09:43 PM
NPR is more than a little left,just listen to the way the slant EVERY story.

Oh and lets not over look the islamic folk songs they play every Sunday.

Wait till the mid term elections,more lib seats to be lost because they just don't get it.

The noise,and that's all it is ,just noise about Bush and his "Rightwing conservative judicial nominees" and how we shouldn't have any on the supreme court.My question is,why should they be atheists?

The only two issues I have with the Bush administration would be medicare spending(I would have cut the program by half not increased it)
And I didn't hear the social security proposal I want which is to end it period.

There is hope though,after all he's still got three years and the way the libs in the house and senate are behaving he will pick up more seats in both.

Boomer
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Opincarne:
Gee, if I'd known you felt that way I'd have made the pledge in your name.</font>

I support NPR, as a taxpayer I don't have a choice.