PDA

View Full Version : Can't get batteries but I am stubborn as a goat...

ibewgypsie
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/ibewgypsie/Dscn0881.jpg
No 7volt batteries for this B-square laser in town. If you have a similar looking battery and you cut it apart you will find it to be a stack of independent cells.

I took a stack of hearing aid batteries (proper voltages) series them by dropping them into the tube to create a 7volt.

Seems like yesterday I bought this, Actually looking at paperwork it was in the 80's. This Ruger Stainless Mini-14 is one of the first stainless Mini's sold. Never been shot fast and still accurrate. Been in the safe a very long time. Moving into the new part of the house and it came out of storage.

I love Ruger, Bsquare, I hate frustration. A little knowledge and some ingenuity will get you out of any scrape. (hopefully)

madman
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Spray and pray. Thats if your laser batteries kack out.

ibewgypsie
04-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Madman: Mine works. Last time I bought batteries was 1996.

I have had the lasers since they were larger than the rifle, took D cells. The actual Laser tubes that was in them were fragile, but had more visible power than the LED diodes now in them. Size, portability, and longevity of batteries is much better these days.

Electronic aiming sights are illegal to hunt with. (here in Georgia). So, protection is the only use for such a weapon. If I hear a noise I grab the double barrel. It'll put a little on everything at a distance.

Someday... they'll have computers on top to select the target and lock on and program the projectile to intercept.

madman
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Dave I was interested in a reasonably priced decent night vision scope. Which brand or model do you recomend. Its for varmints theres a bunch round my place.

3 Phase Lightbulb
04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Dave,

What happens if someone is holding a mirror. Will you end up shooting yourself? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

-Adrian

ibewgypsie
04-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Madman: No ideal. I was a successful tattoo artist while there was not a abundance of them. Nowadays it seems at a swap meet there are (recent Cherokee NC) 50+ tattooists (notice I didn't say artists) and 10 or less customers.

I had plenty of money to buy things back then. Money is a lot tighter now.

I hear the Russian Military night vision scopes are good, but batteries are hard to come by. Some queer voltage. I have not looked into them.

3Ph: No I hope not. perhaps when I get a decent "laser" then I can get excited. I read about a carbon arc model that will cut a car fender at fifty feet. (polaroid rangefinder and focuser) NOT seen one so it is probably hype BS. THEN I can throw the Rifle away?

David

Norman Atkinson
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
David,
Can I recommend a good optician?

I went into Google and entered 7 volt batteries and out came something for Durham Batteries- nah, not up here - but in Canada.
Looks like what you need.

Let me know- Eh?

Norman

ibewgypsie
04-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Norman:

I hit every store in town. All the camera shops. Radio shack could order them. It used to be a common battery, ten years ago.

TR175, I'll find a source for them later I guess. Right now it works. If these last another ten years I might not need any more.

Radio shack had a "pet collar" 7.5 volt battery of the same dimensions. $18. I am "pretty" sure it would have worked fine. The Laser has a pulse generator/regulator board inside and I think a battery flutuates voltages over + - 1/2 volt. I'd sure hate to find out it has a zener or some voltage clamp that would burn out thou.

Sight has a lifetime warranty. IF, I can find the paperwork, IF they are still producing it, IF.. I got $55 out of one of the JCPenny Forever auto batteries. I swapped it in over and over till they went out of business. Then I got a Full refund from the people who bought out thier battery line. I had moved that battery from hotrod to old junk car/tow trucks / hysters and even used it on a cart with a winch a few times.

topct
04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Need to find a little bat for this,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/topct/P4280004.jpg
Wil shoot a 5mm hole thru a swinging beer bottle cap at 25 ft.

------------------
Gene

Norman Atkinson
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
As one old goat to another, I have been Googling- again.

Is this TR175 a photobattery?

Try http:\\smallbattery.co.uk/index.htm?http

Then a firm called Nevada came up.

Then there was a list of alternatives.

Sure your eyesight is 10 10?

Norman

ibewgypsie
04-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Norman:

My eyesight is 20/20 on good days. My thyroid problem puts pressure on the back of my eyeballs making them distort. Making my vision blurry.

I can find them mail order. Take a pocket knife and cut a battery down like this one and you'll see that it is a stack of individual watch type cells. Heat shrinked together. The ones I did were 1.4 volts each. 5 x stacks. THIS WORKS, trust me.

Topct: Never saw a pistol like that? is it a bolt 22, airgun? what? Looks to have some added on items. Laser, dot pointer. I love toys that don't hurt you to shoot them. I got a Competetion model Ruger 22 pistol I adore. Funny thou a standard auto will outshoot it. I guess it is what you relax in your hand. Kinda like throwing a good weld bead, you gotta relax.

David

Scatterplot
04-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Gun looks like a CO2 airlet powered BB/pellet gun or something, judging from the knurled part under the barrel.

You know, I have found that Walgreens has a pretty decent assortment of batteries. However, they have some "super duper amazingly great deal" batteries that are absolute junk. Unless it's for something like a TV remote, go with the Duracells or Energizers, just something name-brand. For deals and quantities, go to Sam's or Costco. They have packs of 8 9V's for about 10 dollars. Better than the $5/2 at the gas stations, specially when you go through 3 a day sometimes with paintball guns...

Scatterplot
04-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Gun looks like a CO2 airlet powered BB/pellet gun or something, judging from the knurled part under the barrel.

You know, I have found that Walgreens has a pretty decent assortment of batteries. However, they have some "super duper amazingly great deal" batteries that are absolute junk. Unless it's for something like a TV remote, go with the Duracells or Energizers, just something name-brand. For deals and quantities, go to Sam's or Costco. They have packs of 8 9V's for about 10 dollars. Better than the $5/2 at the gas stations, specially when you go through 3 a day sometimes with paintball guns...

Scatterplot
04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Woops, double post. And it won't let me delete it???

IOWOLF
04-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Dave, I hate to but in but it is a Sheridan 5mm(.20 cal)co2.

topct
04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
It's a Sheridan 5mm co2. The laser is a $9 laser pointer from HF. The sight is a $29 one I got at K-Mart.

I can remove the bolt and shine another laser pointer thru the barrel, then aim the gun mounted laser at that dot. Then I adjust the sight so it's dot covers them both. Bingo! I can hit what ever the dot is on.

Still got to squeeze it right though.

I did this because I can't see the regular sight without my glasses and I can't see the target with them on.

Just indoor fun.

------------------
Gene

halac
04-29-2005, 10:24 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
Someday... they'll have computers on top to select the target and lock on and program the projectile to intercept. </font>

Check this out; they are already in the testing stage.

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/miltech-05c.html

Hal C. , www.teampyramid.com (http://www.teampyramid.com)