X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3 Phase Lightbulb
    • Apr 2024

Power Tool Drag Racing

Is anyone else watching Power Tool Drag Racing on The Discovery Channel?

4 Seperate categories:

-Unmodified
    -Modified
    -Ride-On
    -Unusual Designs

It kinda like a new spin on Junkyard wars, but it's fresh.

-Adrian

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

My favorite is the Horned Menace.. It's a small car powered by a chainsaw motor that has a trumpet/Horn connected to the exhaust, and has a balloon filled with nitrous oxide connected to the carb.

-Adrian

Comment

• tattoomike68

the fire extinguisher rocket car rocks.

Comment

• darryl
        • Jan 2003

I don't get the discovery channel! $@$@@#%^-t.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Your not missing much... Unless knocking the valve off a 20K PSI cylinder to get you going is something you would want to see

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Can you see the angle grinder?

Comment

• darryl
                • Jan 2003

thanks for the pix, 3 ph. I got a laugh anyway. Ya, I'd like to see the valve knocked of a tank like that, just to see it 'animate'.

A friend once has the opportunity to watch an oxygen tank do it's thing. Apparently the tank was pulled over somehow, and the valve struck something and broke off. The tank went around the shop before taking off across the street and 'breaking into' a tire shop. Nobody hurt, lots of people scared. No fire.

I'd like to see cordless drill races, and maybe a cordless drill helicopter 'fly-off'.
                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

• winchman
                  • Aug 2003

Yes, and (unless I'm mistaken) I see the Edsel, too.

But I don't recognize the tool at the bottom right of the photo which has a wheel on the output shaft riding on the bicycle tire. What is it?

"Nobody hurt, lots of people scared. No fire."

Not starting a fire with a fire extinguisher -- that's funny!!

Roger

Oh, it's a chop saw without the base.

[This message has been edited by winchman (edited 05-06-2005).]
                  Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

No idea what that tool is.. ...

Here is my favorite. Check out that exhaust pipe on that chain saw motor:

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 05-06-2005).]

Comment

• Wayne02
                      • Mar 2004

I watched as much of it as I could, mostly with the sound muted. Pretty fun stuff.

I didn't quite understand that last race though. The fire extinguisher was going up against some sort of sling shot deal? I missed how the sling shot thing was constructed?

Also, did I see that right. There was a guy sitting at the end of the sling shots lane holding a piece of paper, while the extinguisher flew toward him in the adjoining lane?

I don't consider myself a safety prude, but it sure seems like there is potential for the extinguisher to jump track and nail that guy.

Wayne

Comment

• Wirecutter
                        • Mar 2005

Yeah, I saw that one. I'd have to agree with Wayne, though. I'm also not overly anal about safety, but that show can't last. They're gonna kill or hurt someone and that'll be it. Did you see the guy shooting a flare gun into the air in the middle of an industrial park? Or how about the flame-throwing car that almost set fire to the guy in drag? Wait - that's actually funny.

Comment

• JCHannum
                          • Nov 2001

I'm saving myself to become a sex toy for Paula Abdul.
                          Jim H.

Comment

• Rustybolt
                            • Jul 2002

I watch it with my daughter. She,s 12. She thinks it's the funniest show she's ever seen

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Actually, I have to agree about the safety on that show.. I'm probably the last person that will bring up saftey, but I would not want anyone standing at the end of the track like that..

Also, did anyone see the 4-year old girl running after the circular saw on the race track? They launched it, and she tried to run and keep up with it racing down the track.

-Adrian

Comment

Working...
                              X