PDA

View Full Version : Hey Neil!!!!!

C. Tate
09-09-2002, 08:17 AM
Can I have a job?

Can't spel
Ain't ever learnt grammar.
But I sure can B.S. with the best of them. I would go from town to town taking pics of the worlds coolest machine tools. These would go in a column each issue and I would title it World's Coolest Machine Tools. I work for cheap too all I need is an R.V. $200-$300 per diem and I am set. Maybe an assistant or two. Anyone interested?

Robert Jones
09-09-2002, 01:20 PM
Where do I sign up for the assistant position? I've got a digital camera, can type about 17 words per minute on a computer, and only need $150/day and a bunk in the rv. Bobby

Neil
09-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Gee, sign me up too!

C. Tate
09-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Neil,
You get the R.V. and pick us up we can split the per diem 3 ways. Yeeehaaaa

Thrud
09-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Sounds like a government job to me. Like when I was in the Artic and the Canadian Army was flying some civies all over for no reason in a twin Otter. Land, stand on the tarmac and look around, take off. At only $28,000 per flight - what a deal.

Count me in too - I promise to fart out the back windows - no, really I would... http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Robert Jones
09-10-2002, 01:07 PM
Thrud, this is right up my alley, having just retired from a government job! I'm ready. Bobby

crossthreaded
09-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Thrud, There is a (US)Govt. job like that. It's called EKV (Exo-atmospheric Kill Vehicle). They get paid extra for obtuse names. They are in the process of installing 5 missile defense EKV's in silos on some forsaken island off Alaska to be ready in mid 2004. They can only work for a few months of the year when everything isn't frozen and snowing horizontaly. It's a several $ billion job. I'm sure they could use a few charismatic storytellers when they discuss cost & schedule. Presently, the boosters don't separate & boost, the cryo system freezes and doesn't cool, and the optics are supposed to "bolt together" so they don't need alignment. A real opportunity for the right people.

Paul H
09-10-2002, 07:34 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crossthreaded:
Thrud, There is a (US)Govt. job like that. It's called EKV (Exo-atmospheric Kill Vehicle). They get paid extra for obtuse names. They are in the process of installing 5 missile defense EKV's in silos on some forsaken island off Alaska to be ready in mid 2004. They can only work for a few months of the year when everything isn't frozen and snowing horizontaly. It's a several $ billion job. I'm sure they could use a few charismatic storytellers when they discuss cost & schedule. Presently, the boosters don't separate & boost, the cryo system freezes and doesn't cool, and the optics are supposed to "bolt together" so they don't need alignment. A real opportunity for the right people.</font>

I've heard that they did a realty check on building it on the Island, and have decided to build it on a barge, then float it out there.

Working in AK for projects involved in the Arctic, I can relate to what it costs to get anything done.

Thrud
09-10-2002, 09:34 PM
crossthreaded:
I can tell you what will happen right now - they will build them and then in the winter they will never be able to open the silo...

Duh, we never thought of that! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Have they not figured out yet that a mobile platform is harder to hit, cheaper to make, and can usually go through the take out at McDonalds?