X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • .RC.
    • Aug 2004

No excuses now.....

For those of u with video cameras there is no excuse now for not showing us short movies of machining....Here is a free site that will let you upload video files to --->>>> http://www.putfile.com/ there is a 10mb max file size....

If you are running Win XP SP2 it comes with Movie Maker a movie editing program you can use to edit your films..

So get cracking and show us some films...

See Ya
    Precision takes time.
  • 3 Phase Lightbulb

10MB? You can't even flush the toilet with that these days..

Lets see... You could make an ASCII art movie with 10MB.. Well, 7-bit ASCII anyway..

If anyone wants me to host their Machine Shop related movie (any size), I'll host it for you.

-Adrian

Comment

• Doc Nickel
      • Mar 2003

I already have webspace and editing materials for movies. I just don't have time...

Here's one I did last year. It's a new (at the time) controller circuit for an electronic paintball gun- there was some machining to install it and the "anti chop" detector eyes in the breech. The chrono at the end reads velocity on the left, rate of fire on the right.

Doc.
      Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

• tattoomike68

Here, I will try it out, here is a peice of a farmers junk being bored in the lathe.

Click here to watch MVI_2616

Comment

• Smokedaddy
          • Mar 2003

I think it's an excellent idea. Sure would help out the novice machinist like myself. What to say you can't upload more than one file to further explain a particlar process.

-SD:

Comment

• dp
            • Mar 2005

I'm with Adrian - I'd rather host them than wade through blinky ads and vids that won't load.

dp

Comment

• CCWKen
              • Jan 2003

Yikes! I'd be waiting almost two hours for a 10Mb video to load.

Comment

• .RC.
                • Aug 2004

Ok well I'm sure if someone wants to host them add free that would be good but this is an easy site to upload to...

The 10 meg limit is not bad..If you cut down the size of your film you can stick a bit of info in plus 10 meg is not too big for the poor people still on 56k dialup..

Of course if you want to host a full DVD quality file go ahead...I recently downloaded a 250mb video file that only went for 1 min 30 secs...
                Precision takes time.

Comment

• 3 Phase Lightbulb

Here is a DVD quality video I made. Its a video of my wife and I skydiving out of hot air balloons and airplanes. There is also a night jump in there.. It's 185 MB, and plays for 17 minutes:

www.bbssystem.com/skydiving.mpeg

Fully edited, with CD quality music as well. All the footage was captured with a Sony PC100 megapixel DV video camera bolted to my helmet.

If you're on a Dialup, here is a tiny little video clip from the big video above except this is in low resolution, and is the original unedited video..

www.bbssystem.com/balloon_jump.mpeg

-Adrian

[This message has been edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb (edited 05-17-2005).]

Comment

• tattoomike68

Ringer I like the site, its like the photobucket for video, its simple, here is a trap with some coons I cought. lol

Click here to watch MVI_2616

for good machine vids, adrian already has a bunch of good ones on his site.

holy cow Adrian you folks are wild.

[This message has been edited by tattoomike68 (edited 05-17-2005).]

Comment

• .RC.
                      • Aug 2004

Wow 3.P.L. that is a pretty good forum u have there....First time I have seen it...I am just about to register there and do some leeching

See Ya...
                      Precision takes time.

Comment

Working...
                      X