PDA

View Full Version : MILLING MACHINE DISASSEMBLY????

TOOL PIG
05-19-2005, 07:10 PM
i just ordered,payed the mafia, excuse me canada customs their cut for the privelege of importing into canada a bemato mill,model bmt-125s bought from penn tool co. in n.j.this is the same basic mill+built in the same factory as the jet jvm-836-1 mills, but mine has power down on the spindle.anyway as i have to blow it apart to sub-assemblys and its just a smaller version of a b-port clone i could use any imput from anybody who has taken + reassembled a knee mill. what to watch for ect. instruction maual sucks and typical of taiwan i am strongly advised to DO NOT PUT IN SUNSHINE PLACE. allso to put the pressure on ive got 2 days to pull this apart starting tomorrow a.m. any and all help is,will be appreciated

------------------
TOOL PIG

chief
05-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Tool,
Take a couple of measurement first, spindle run out, table etc, this can help during reassembly (did I screw it up or was it received like that) you might also want to replace any junk chinese fasteners or bearings. I also take digital photos now of any project I am unsure of, this is a great help.

snowman
05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
I tihnk they messed up.

It was supposed to read, "Do not put where sun doesn't shine"

But hey...I thought that was common sense for most of us.

-Jacob

TOOL PIG
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
snowman very clever lol

TOOL PIG
05-23-2005, 06:16 PM
as a update, i have a 1100 lb. machine now exploded in my shop, it's not near as complicated as i thought, from what iv'e seen quality wise i would definitely advise anyone contemplating a purchase of a RF-45 type mill/drill to take a close look at this machine.money situation dictates it's gonna be 2-4 months before i get this assembled and powered up[3 phase] will post pictures and accuracy report at that time. i very much appreciate the responses i got. [factual and funny] if anybody needs some input re+re a knee mill please e-mail me and i'll do my best to help you out, iv'e learned a lot in the past couple of day's just how much weight you can shift with a couple of 4ft. long 2x4s