PDA

View Full Version : "Langelier #62 Drill" Press

Wayne Sorce
06-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I recently was given from a good friend a
Langelier 62 Drill press.made in Providence R.I. It is missing the motor pulley and would like to acquire one to match it's mate on the spindle. I was told this machine was for precision drilling. It is rather small.The chuck is a Jacobs# 1A for 0-1/4" and the spindle has a movement of about 2.675" . It apparently was never usedand in great shape. It is well made with good castings painted green and yellow.I wanted to contact the manufacturer but had little luck with info gleaned from a Google and Jeeves search other than the Company made high quality machines and were in business at the turn of the century. My machine looks much newer perhaps 60's -70s 'IE: It has an aluminum pulley, finely machined with some hard plastic coated knobs to hold the belt apron tight,so I'm assuming a much later vintage. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this machine and or could shed some light for me . All I need to get it working is a matching 4 stage motor pulley of about 5" at the widest dia,. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Wayne