PDA

View Full Version : variable pitch bandsaw blades

Your Old Dog
06-13-2005, 05:34 PM
I picked up two new 6-10 Starrett 1/2 x120 bandsaw blades at a yard sale for $3.00. He has a couple more I can have if I like these.

I'm not ready to resize these yet to 67" for the small horizontal bandsaw I have. My question is, are these too agressive for a 1/2hp motor cutting maybe 3x3 CRS. My inclination is to give him $10.00 for 4 more but if they won't work I'm wasteing my money.

(I originally posted this from work computer but it didn't show up for some reason so this is second attempt)

precisionworks
06-13-2005, 05:42 PM
My small Kysor-Johnson is also 1/2HP, similar size saw. The blade that's always on the saw in a variable pitch 5/8 bimetal. Pretty good results when cutting 1/4" and thicker material.

------------------
Barry Milton

Your Old Dog
06-14-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks Barry, I'll call the guy back and see if I can still get the other two packs for $5.00 each. Should be all the blades I'll ever need for the saw!

A little further reading on the subject indicated that they also cut wood pretty well. That would make them nice for my vertical bandsaw to cut the occasional wood for jigs.

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-14-2005).]