PDA

View Full Version : Way OT -- How to Sell an Exotic Bird Quickly?

The Doctor
06-17-2005, 11:26 PM
You may recall me posting several weeks ago about a friend with acute leukemia. Well, he is doing fairly well in chemo, and will be going home between treatments. Well, that presents a small problem because of some of the pet he has. Apparently, birds and reptiles carry something that can be pretty nasty if you have a compromised immune system. A home has been found for the reptiles, and the dogs. A friend of mine is also babysitting several of the birds, but there is one nobody wants to take care of, and it is apparently a fairly expensive bird. It is something called a Scarlet Rumped Toucanette, a fairly small bird, but one with a fairly troublesome feeding routine. That is why nobody wants to take care of it. Well, my question is this. How do you get rid of a bird like this quickly, and try to get a fairly large chunk of what it is truly worth? EBay does not allow the selling of live pets, are their online auction sites which do? Are their online forms for people with such pets, where one could try to locate a buyer? May be some organizations that help?

Thank you
Ed

BillH
06-17-2005, 11:29 PM
Maybe its meat is worth lots of money.

Carl
06-17-2005, 11:36 PM
http://www.avianrescue.org/sanctuary.html