• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G.A. Ewen
    • Mar 2003

What's up with this ???

I came across this on ebay........

Is it legitamate or is this some kind of piracy?
    I didn't see anywhere who publishes it.
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison
  • Evan
    • May 2003

I certainly wouldn't buy from him. Too many negative feed back. More important the negatives are all extremely negative.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• Your Old Dog
      • Dec 2004

This same guy has been selling these CD's for over a year I belive.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

• hammerhead74000
        • Feb 2005

Drill presses are not designed to take side loads - you will eat the bearings in no time flat! Also, they are not very rigid.

Get a real mill, and be done with it. You will be much happier!

Comment

• Nutter
          • Jul 2003

Looks like the same book to me. If I was going to buy it, I'd buy it direct from the good people that give us this board.

Comment

• abn
            • Feb 2002

I would not buy from ohojim...it seems like everything he/she/they have for sale is available much cheaper from the source. I noticed he was selling a Lincoln Foundation TIG guide for $14.95...it's $5 direct from Lincoln. He also tends to sell Lindsay books at a higher price than Lindsay. If you're gonna buy from him, let me know first and I'll probably give you the same price

Comment

OMG! abn,I hope you are not offering to sell something on this board, it is not allowed.LOL

Comment

• jkilroy
                • Oct 2001

Yet more proof that Ebay doesn't do a darn thing about irresponsible sellers. The first two negs in his feedback were for non-delivery, one even stated PayPal refunded.
                James Kilroy

Comment

• JCHannum
                  • Nov 2001

ohojim sells the Village Press books, Lindsay books and the Workshop Series as well as others. They have been in business for several years, and have possibly outgrown their distribution system.

Still, in all 98.8% positive feedback is not bad, and, at least in my experience, it is possible that some of the problems are a result of the buyers not having current e-mail addresses or other information with eBay, or having their spam filters set too tight and missing some correspondence.

Not making excuses for them, and I will continue to buy my books directly from the original publisher if at all possible, but a lot of eBayers create their own problems, and feedback (from both buyer and seller)should always be taken with a grain of salt.
                  Jim H.

Comment

• chief
                    • Mar 2002

Why bother, All you need to turn a drill into a mill is one of those cheap cross feed
                    tables from ENCO, of course if you try to machine anything larger than micro machine work you will ruin your press.
                    I have told you what the book says now send me my $5.00.
                    Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

• Your Old Dog
                      • Dec 2004

The quill on my Delta doesn't have a thru hole so there's no getting a draw bolt on it. When I tried in desperation many years ago to do the drill/mill thing I couldn't keep the morse tapers together. They're are designed to stay together with downward thrust, the cutters try to pull themselves into the work and out of the taper. I don't think their plan will work as the tool will keep falling out of the hole. Not a problem I've had with anyother sort of drilling, certainly not when I was in my 20-30's
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

You could use some loctite on the spindal, lol.
                        When you want to remove the taper, heat it up with a propane torch to 350 deg. Or you could get a 269$ HF micro mill. I'd love one of those Clausing mills.

Comment

• Evan
                          • May 2003

It's possible to mill quite well given the right drill press. I have a big old Strands with a very heavy duty head. The lower spindle bearing is a great big taper roller bearing suitable for a truck axel. The DP spindle is MT3 but doesn't have a through hole either so I came up with a way to retain the tooling. It works pretty well.

These are the parts I made. They fasten to the spindle in the background. The spindle has a collet stuffed in the taper.

This is how it looks holding an end mill.

This is milling some cast iron, no problem at all.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                          X