PDA

View Full Version : model T frame plans/sketch??

chkz
08-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Guys...got a bit of a hankering for an old-style T-bucket type 'rod'....wondering if anyone's seen a dimensioned sketch kicking around the 'net somewhere....

Maybe you know of a good book? I don't need scaled plans or anything like that as I'm sure everything'll need to be mod'd to fit...thanx !

Chris

ibewgypsie
08-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Fad Tbucket.. california custom Roadsters.. CCR if you want to look them up.

I got the whole book plans scanned. On the other computer. Not very good resolution. the plans are I think $20 or 25 from CCR. they have actual templates you wrap the tubing with. Frame, axle, motor mounts.. Suspension mounts.. etc..

email me and I'll send it from the windows computer, I am on the linux box. I think it is about 6 meg or more.. Like I said it is near useless because if the lost resolution.

David

CCWKen
08-05-2005, 12:10 AM
I had one on my old computer but that was pre-disaster. Actually, a Model-T frame won't work for the weight you'll have. Besides that, the mounting locations for most after market bodies don't fit the stock frame.

I've got 3 extra stock frames. You can have one if you come get it. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

3 Phase Lightbulb
08-05-2005, 12:29 AM
The only model T frame I've seen was u channel and looked like it would fold up easily. I think there are some really niced boxed model T frames in DXF on the web somewhere.

ibewgypsie
08-05-2005, 08:54 AM
The CCR frame is 2x3x.188 wall rect tubing.

Completed it weighs 103lbs. CCR says it has carried Hemis/big blocks and thier power with no problems.

David