PDA

View Full Version : Old issue

bongman
10-08-2002, 02:07 PM
HELP!! I lost an auction on E-bay for an old issue 11 12/86. It referenced building a model gas engine. I would like to see if any body has an old issue I can purchase or if could get a copy of the article.

Thanks

Jim Caudill
10-10-2002, 06:18 PM
It would help if you could give us a hint about which magizine you were looking for. You know.... Time, Life, Popular Mechanix, etc. I don't think "Old Issue" is a magazine, or am I misinformed?

Jim Caudill
10-10-2002, 06:48 PM
I just checked my old issues of Home Shop Machinist, and the Nov-Dec issue for 1986 has a model "Hit'n Miss" engine on the cover. Inside is part I on how to make this engine. HSM magazines don't have a date like "11-12-86" but the two months they cover. So, even though this is the "Home Shop Machinist" website, I don't think you are looking for HSM magazines.

Dick Payne
10-10-2002, 07:27 PM
www.lindsaybks.com (http://www.lindsaybks.com) has a book on a hit & miss engine project. The 40 page book costs $15.95. The engine has a bore of 1 1/8" and a stroke of 1 1/2", and does not require castings.

------------------
Dick

JCHannum
10-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Most of the hit & miss engines featured at that time were by Phil Duclos. If you get The "Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos", it will most likely have that engine and others. It is an excellent book, and will not cost much more then individual magazines. Much more information. It is one of my favorites.

JCHannum
10-10-2002, 10:35 PM
I just looked on eBay, there is an auction for all 1986 issues. the last has a picture of the Odd's & End's Hit & Miss Engine. it is in the Duclos book. I have built it. Very similar to "The Little Angel". No castings as are all his projects.