PDA

View Full Version : OT Windows XP question

QSIMDO
08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Recently acquired a new computer with the above mentioned XP.
My last computer ran 98SE and I saved all my Favorites using one of those USB flash drive doo-dads.
Trying to import them to this computer I get as far as having the old favorites in my new favorites file as a seperate, distinct file.
Is there some way to have them all display under my new favorites without clicking on the seperate file?

[This message has been edited by QSIMDO (edited 08-12-2005).]

JPR
08-12-2005, 05:51 PM
This is normal location C:\Documents and Settings\*\Favorites (the asterik is your user name). If you go through "my computer" or Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer, you can cut and paste them to their new home.

[This message has been edited by JPR (edited 08-12-2005).]

QSIMDO
08-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Thank you!

QSIMDO
08-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, either you were having me on or, more likely, I screwed that up to like the 10th power!

I now have copies of copies of favorites, copies of anything at all that was anywhere near the area and files with copies of MORE copies of files and favorites.... in my favorites!

LMAO, I'm gonna be here all weekend deleting!!

Like holding two mirrors up to each other.

CCWKen
08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
LOL... Sounds like you loaded them into more than one user folder. If you want everyone that uses the computer to have the same Favorites, load the list into Favorites under "All Users" folder; Otherwise, load them into Favorites in your folder (Named).

There's Folders for:
All Users
Default User
Specific User (Named)