PDA

View Full Version : Spindle center taper on 15" leBlond dual drive ?

lalatheman
08-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I have been having trouble determining the spindle center bushing taper on a 15" 1952 leBlond dualdrive. It's manual verbally states that the spindle is number 4 morse and the diagram shows a bushing calling it out as "bush" but nowhere indicates the taper of "bush"
I measure 1.650 an large end 1.5 small end with a taper length of 3 5/32 . I can't seem to match it up with any of the stand taper series.
Thanks
David Lawrence

neonman
08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Latheman, I understand your problem. I have a 1947 LeBlond Regal 19 x 54. it too has a "bush". It is half way between a Mores 5 and a Morse 6. They call it an american standard, I believe a #1. Mine is badly beaten up and I'd like to replace it, but it looks like I'll have to have it made.

I don't have the phone number for LeBlond any more, but if you Google LeBlond, you should be able to find the service people. They were very helpful to me when I contacted them. Just be sitting if you ask any prices for replacement parts.

Neonman

Rich Carlstedt
08-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I had a 15" 1943 LeBlond years ago and called the factory. I remember talking to the "Old" Engineer who was around during its construction.
He told me that LeBlond used their own tapers, and not the #4 1/2 I had expected.
If I am not mistaken, mine was also 1.625 at the nose.
I wound up making my own bushing...trial and error

lalatheman
08-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks guys for the replys. I did call LeBlond and yes that "bush" is available. . . $500 and 6 week waiting.
Looks like I'll be making it alright. . . .
David