PDA

View Full Version : lorch lathe --replace belts

plener
08-19-2005, 11:47 AM
before i scew it up i dwant to replace the drive belts--i donot have model number yet but it does not have a screw feeer and it is not modern looking

the bed is on two pedistals--drive belt from motor go to a series of pullies theat are on a pedistal--the shaft on the pedistal pully system has a lock screw on the right end--the pulleys rotate on a shaft--in order to repladce the belts they have to be removed from the pedistal pulley system--an idas how to do this?--i have loosened the screw on teh right and have tried to loosen some of the pulleys as a suspect the designers of this lathe did something to make it easy--like move the pully and it comes off --sort of like a cupling affair

any help is appdreciated--i would like to sue stretch belts--if not what is involved with the leather belt staple connecting the belt ends--do i need a special tool etc-- i have a very heavy hand notorious to breking things and this lathe is too well made for guys like me--i know i'm sitting on a piece of art

tia
peter

JCHannum
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Peter, can you find it here; http://www.lathes.co.uk/lorch/index.html

Or maybe post a photo. Lorch made many different styles of lathe, and assemblies differed widely.

plener
08-19-2005, 04:59 PM
almost positive it is a ww400--i think i figudre out how to change belts--the pedistal for the pulleys--one edge has a screw bolt that looks like it goes through the bracket for the pulleys--i b et the enter of the bulley bracket comes apart and it is the through and through bolt that holds it together--eureka!