PDA

View Full Version : Anodizing shop

NSDesign
08-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Can anyone recommend a small, flexible anodizing shop? I have a project, all dims less than 8", and need to find a place that can do custom colors (or at least a wide variety.)

While I realize I could do it myself, this is just not the right time to start playing with new skill. I was about to send my parts off to a place in ^Texas that does paintball guns, and they went out of business in the course of a few weeks. Now I'm afraid to send almost 200 hours of machining just anywhere, and all the local commercial shops won't do much other than black and clear.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

Smokedaddy
08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Strange ...

Was just going to e-mail you about what software you ended up using on your CNC mill. Strange ...... just last night I was reading about anodizing at home;

http://www.focuser.com/anodize.html

Something for the Buell?
-SD:

Mark Hockett
08-15-2005, 01:24 AM
If Ron at the focuser.com site can't do it try Randy at www.absolutefinish.com (http://www.absolutefinish.com)

Ron just got a new CNC lathe and has been very busy getting it going.
Mark

Your Old Dog
08-15-2005, 06:01 AM
I drive close by a shop everymorning that has been in business over 20 years. He does stuff for several aerospace types (Moog and some others) I had some stuff done from him and I thought he was pretty damn reasonable.

Gold Tech Plating (716)652-5000
6701 Seneca St
Elma, NY 14059
Category: Plating

edited to correct above address

I went by the place on way home from work. they were closed. The correct info is,

Seneca Plating
7540 Seneca Street
Elma, NY 14059

Sorry!

Ray.........

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 08-15-2005).]

NSDesign
08-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was offline for a while, but will look into your recommendations now.

Ray, your suggestion sounds good since I'm in the upstate area.

Smokedaddy, I think you have me confused with someone else. No Buell.

Actually, this job is a faucet.

Thanks Again,

Alan

Smokedaddy
08-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Yep, sure did, sorry about that.

-SD: