PDA

View Full Version : shops in Dallas area

C. Tate
08-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey guys I have been reading and posting for five years now. I have recently left the family shop and have taken job as mfg engineer. I am going to Dallas w/ my new company to start a new plant. We will be located in Ennis Texas. I am looking for local shops to do tool work. Anyone in the area intrested? Send email to me.

I have boast a little about my new tool room at the plant. They gave me responsibility for purchasing the equipment and they gave me $375,000 to do it. Soooo.....

Clausing FV300 mill power and dro on all axis,power draw bar all the little goodies like ro-table, indexers, vises collet sets you name it. Clausing 15x60 all the options and 2 axis dro. Clausing surface grinder with auto feeds for roughing finishing and sparkout dro of course. Hardinge HLV new, all the stuff. Miller Syncrowave TIG, 251 MIG, Plasma to .5 ms. .250x6' hyd shear and brake. And a new Kennedy for me and more cutting tools than a homeshopper can dream about.

We will be hiring tool makers and maintenance soon. Stay tuned to this BBS and I will post info.

I hope this is not considered advertising. My intent is to possibly help some small shops out there.

CT

[This message has been edited by C. Tate (edited 08-21-2005).]

[This message has been edited by C. Tate (edited 08-21-2005).]

Joel
08-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a good deal Chris!

About all I can do to help is to recommend a couple of shops that do good work. Call or email me if that would be helpful.

CCWKen
08-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Dang CT, sounds like you died and went to Heaven! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Isn't Ennis South of Dallas quite a ways? I remember it being near Waxahachie(sp?) or there abouts. Of course, most us Texans travel 100 miles just to visit the neighbors. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

C. Tate
08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
CCWKen,
Ennis is about 60 min drive from DFW airport at intersection of I45 and 287. I will be living in Waxahachie. Where do you live?
CT

crews1
08-21-2005, 09:05 PM
I am in the area (Lancaster - right up I-35 from Waxahachie) and while I'm not looking to change jobs, I know a good maintenance guy in Ennis that might be interested and a toolmaker in Red Oak that was laid off a couple of months ago. My email is in my profile.

CCWKen
08-21-2005, 09:19 PM
CT, I'm about 25 miles SW of San Antonio off I-35 (Lytle, TX). I'm about 300+ miles from Dallas so it might be a spell before I get up that way neighbor. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

imakechips
08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm about 80 miles north of dallas, so I think it might be a bit far to drive every day. I work with several guys that would probably be willing to relocate if the benefits and pay are good. What kind of work will it be? Stamping, plastic injection?

bspooh
08-22-2005, 01:45 PM
CCF ENTERPRISES, INC.
Tool Engineering & Manufacturing

2449 NW DALLAS STREET PHONE: (972) 660-2114
GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS 75050 FAX: (972) 660-2147

Introduction

CCF Enterprises, Inc. was established in 1984 and is wholly owned and equally shared by Jim & Larry Coker. Jim and Larry Coker have considerable experience in manufacturing. Each has worked as Tool & Die Makers, Jig & Fixture Builders and Gage Room Machinist dating back to 1953. They have experience in most phases of Manufacturing Engineering including but not limited to Tool Design, Model Design, Planning, and Liaison. They evaluate and oversee every operation combining their knowledge of many years of experience in Manufacturing and Engineering.

Our shop consists of approximately 7,773 square feet and includes basic tool room equipment (see attached equipment list). We are presently doing Design and/or Fabrication work for Vought Aircraft Company, Woody Butts, American- Eurocopter, Trinity Industries, Tellurian and various other companies. Our services include tooling, custom equipment, special machinery and a wide variety of experimental projects. We also provide CNC equipment to satisfy your production needs.

Currently we have twelve full-time employees and our shop rate is $65.00 / hr. Our goal is to provide good sound tooling practices with quality products at a fair price. We sincerely feel that we can provide a service to help fill your company requirements.

Please accept this letter as a formal request to be included on your vendors bid list.

Sincerely,
CCF Enterprises, Inc.

CCF ENTERPRISES, INC.
Tool Engineering & Manufacturing

2449 NW DALLAS STREET PHONE: (972) 660-2114
GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS 75050 FAX: (972) 660-2147

Equipment List
1 each 12" Hardinge CNC lathe
1 each 13" Luxon Lathe (Long Bed)
1 each 14" Mori Seiki TL/5 CNC Lathe
1 each 16" Clausing Lathe (Long Bed)
1 each 18" Mazak Tracer Lathe (Long Bed)
1 each 19" LeBlond Lathe (Long Bed)
1 each 1 1/4" Brown & Sharp screw machine
1 each Cincinnati 750 CNC Vertical Machining Center
5 each Bridgeport type vertical mills (w/ Digital Readouts)
1 each Bridgeport type vertical mill (w/ lead screw tapping head)
3 each Precision Surface Grinders
1 each Landis Universal Cylindrical Grinder
1 each Dumore Universal Grinder
1 each Sunnen Hone and Attachments
1 each 3" Lucas Horizontal Boring Mill (w/ Digital Readouts)
1 each Fosdick 42a Jig Bore (w/ Digital Readouts)
4 each Miller Welders
2 each Horizontal Cut-Off Saws
1 each Roll-In Saw
3 each Vertical Band Saws
3 each Floor Mounted Drill Presses
1 each 18" x 24" Granite Surface Plate (Tool Room Grade)
1 each 36" x 60" Granite Surface Plate (Inspection Grade)
1 each Cadillac Inspection Gage
1 each Fork Truck '67 Towmotor 4K#
2 each Air Compressor
2 each Cutting Torch

Numerous Belt Sanders and other Bench Equipment
Indicators, Gage Blocks, Planer Gages and Various Inspection Tools.
All types of welding and fabrication capabilities.

bspooh
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't know if thats close to you or not..

This was in my Email...I have absolutely no connection to these people whatsoever..I only heard of them Today...

brent

C. Tate
08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
We make power steering gears for the Jap. automakers. The TN plant where I am now, made 2.4 million units last year on 9 assembly lines.