PDA

View Full Version : Engineers

so ga sailor
08-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Here is my story: Business was good and we couldn't find any engineers to hire, so the upper managemant decision was to see if some of the old retired guys would be intrested in coming back for a while, and they began remenising about some of the names that came up,the best comment, remember old Jim, last time I saw him he was trying to put Murine in his eyes with his glasses on

J Tiers
08-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Well, how's he gonna see to do it, if he has his glasses off? http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Davis In SC
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I have met some goofy engineers, but also some great ones... A few years ago, a customer fired the engineers, so they could hire more salesmen... Things there have been downhill ever since...

kenc
08-25-2005, 11:17 PM
"Upper management" is a dirty phrase to me - as an engineer.
They are incompetant marketing types typically - they don't know anything except each other.
They survive on cronyism and nepotism.
After the lawyers get it, the "executives" should be next.

Steven G. Trosper
08-26-2005, 11:54 AM
I work at U.S. Can in the factory part. About 13 years ago, the "engineer" we had retired, so they put a brown-nose supervisor in the engineer's office.

You know what a brown-nose supervisor is, don't you? They are former hourly employees who suck up to management and are made into supervisors.

The maintainer I worked with would constantly ask this dope-head for prints he knew did not exist. Just to watch the fool look for them. The maintainer never did care for this idiot, even when they both were maintainers. Anyway, the fool would look all day then come back and say he could not find them. It was good for a few chuckles.