X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molano
    • Aug 2005

EMPLOYMENT

I AM IN NEED OF AT LEAST 3 CNC MACHINIST.
    ANY EXPERIENCE LEVEL
    ABILITY TO SETUP & RUN MAZAK & FADAL CNC'S.
    PRECISION PRODUCTION SHOP LOCATED IN PORT ALLEN, LA., TOP PAY, CLEAN SHOP, A/C., IF ANYONE NEEDS A POSITION OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES PLEASE CONTACT ME.
  • madman
    • Sep 2004

How is the pay and how can a canadian come work for you.

Comment

• andypullen
      • Sep 2004

Please stop yelling.....
      Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, Clausing 8520 mill, Diacro 24" shear, Reed Prentice 14" x 34"

Comment

• ibewgypsie
        • Dec 2002

The pay level there ran off all the "good" workers. The stubborn ones are still there, they underpay them by $10 or more a hour and keep them like a mushroom, in the dark.

Offer of good pay, but not listing it. I had a employer talk to me for three hours. Turns out he offered me "good" pay which was about what I was making in 1983.

I done burrowed in here in North Georgia, done built a house. Got my own tiny shop, with my own tiny pay. Working for the meanest man in the world thou, myself.. Never worked harder or put up with more crap.

Now subcontract work.. yeah.. Lots of hungry people here can build things and put them into boxes from thier own tiny shops.

David

Comment

• andypullen
          • Sep 2004

I agree with you David.

I've been on interviews where they talked to me for over an hour and only then was I told what the pay was.

"Good pay" is a relative thing. It's different for the bosses and the prospective employees.

Andy Pullen
          Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, Clausing 8520 mill, Diacro 24" shear, Reed Prentice 14" x 34"

Comment

Isn't this an ad, therefore shouldn't be here?

IMHO

------------------
            The tame Wolf !

Comment

• snowman
              • Mar 2004

Isn't it funny how when you go to an interview, they think they control you?

I have always looked at interviews as, "do I really want to work here?" What is this atmosphere like? What do the people seem like?

Last time I didn't go with my gut, I paid dearly. The dollar signs were flashing in front and blocked my view of the "run" sign.

-Jacob

Comment

• zl1byz
                • Jul 2004

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by molano:
                ANY EXPERIENCE LEVEL
                ABILITY TO SETUP & RUN MAZAK & FADAL CNC'S.
                </font>
                Bugger me!

Translation.

You can be a monkey, but have to be able to do my tricks and put up with me shouting all the time.

John.

Comment

• andy_b
                  • Aug 2003

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by madman:
                  How is the pay and how can a canadian come work for you.</font>

madman, you can come work here just like anyone else. sneak across the border at night.

andy b.
                  The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

• wierdscience
                    • Jan 2003

I doubt it's a union shop,otherwise the scale starts at $18.75 and tops out at $23.75,but cost of living is WAY lower than most places elsewhere.

However it's probably more like $10/hour,and it's a "privledge" to work there according to the owners.

I was once offered a "dream job",a whopping $9.00/hr! I told them that wasn't an offer,it was an insult since I was making $14.50/hr at the time,but crap that was 10 years ago and some employers are living in the depression.I'm getting a $5.75/hr base raise come Sept 1st,means my base pay is more than the UPS teamster a-- brown shirts
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• chief
                      • Mar 2002

If you click on the last part of his email address it directs you to his website but I can't make out what he dies, it's strange.
                      Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

• Evan
                        • May 2003

Company Name: Dynomach Inc.
                        Firm Type: Private Company, Headquarters Location
                        Phone: (225)383-3119
                        Fax: (225)383-1527
                        Web: http://www.dynomach.com
                        Employees (Company Information): 15
                        Revenue (Estimate): $1.30 M SALES
                        Fiscal Year End: 31-DEC-04
                        Year Founded: 1979
                        Primary SIC: Industrial Machinery, Not Elsewhere Classified
                        Primary NAICS: Other Commercial and Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing
                        Description: Manufacturing: Precision machine parts
                        Last Updated: 21-JUN-05

Dynomach, Inc. 1146 Commercial Drive Port Allen LA (504) 383-3119
                        Tres 2000 N Line Road Port Allen LA (504) 749-3501

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 08-26-2005).]
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• tattoomike68

Just in time for a hurricane, there will be jobs alright.

Comment

• vinito
                            • Jan 2004

Regarding pay rates and living in the depression:
                            I've noticed over the past couple years that the going starting pay around here on average has dropped 2 to 3 dollars per hour. Guys still working at the same place for a few years have experienced a couple $.20/hour pay raises (across the board) in a row. Wohoo! That ought to cover it.

They are probably trying to make up for the cost of having to train a new employee every coule months.

Doesn't bother me. I plan on winning the lottery this year.

Comment

• JS
                              • Nov 2004

If you think that is bad . I waited 3 yrs for a 21 cent raise then a yr later got 39 cents just enough to keep me comin back .

The crappy thing is if I go somewhere else I loose about 4 dollars a hr.

As for the job in Port Allen I could not afford to move there.

Winning the lotto ???? I just assume get struck by lighting a few time the odds are better.
                              NRA member

Gun control is using both hands

Comment

Working...
                              X