PDA

View Full Version : Katrina EYe of the Hurricane

ibewgypsie
08-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't know what kind of pull I have upstairs, but I am saying a prayer for Louisiana. (and my friends there)
With our National Guard mostly overseas Volunteers will play a major part in the reconstruction and rescue.
I think I'll call the Union Hall to see if a old electrician can go help. Pay sucks there, but the good feeling you'd get would carry a long way.

David Cofer

------------------
David Cofer, Of:
Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

pockets
08-27-2005, 03:17 PM
What's your home local? Mine was 876, Grand Rapids, Mi.

------------------
If you're data is anomalous, you've more digging to do.

ibewgypsie
08-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Local 175, Chattanooga, Host to most the travelers in the 70s during the nuclear builds.

Had some illness, not worked in a year except for a few weeks at a Powerplant. Been trying to get things finished around here. You never are done. Perhaps the next guy will have more luck and less ambitions.

My permenant addy is ibewgypsie@hotmail.com feel free to correspond.

wierdscience
08-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey David,if you end up down this way look me up.

CCWKen
08-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I've got a cousin in Aberdeen and an aunt & uncle in West Point, Mississippi. It looks like they'll be getting some heavy rains from Katrina. I bet you will too Darin.

Paul Alciatore
08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I was born and raised in NO and my two brothers are there; plus various other family for both my wife and myself. We are watching the progress of the storm and saying prayers for them and all in it's path.

NO and the Gulf Coast are no strangers to hurricanes. I have been in the eye of at least two and the outer fringes of several others. Never any fun. Biggest danger in NO is flooding. Whole city is within a few feet +/- of sea level and all water that enters the city must be pumped up to get it out. Many canals and pumping stations.

Paul A.

wierdscience
08-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Looks like we will be getting it come Monday morning early.Hope it stays a cat#3.

WJHartson
08-28-2005, 12:13 AM
David,if you get down this way look me up. I am all boarded up and ready. We will get some damage and have a lot of cleanup after the storm on the Mississippi gulf coast even if it goes to New Orleans. Spent all day making room in the shop for 3 cars and a tractor. Had to move the Hardinge that I just bought to open a passage to get the cars in.

Joe

[This message has been edited by WJHartson (edited 08-28-2005).]

SGW
08-28-2005, 07:11 AM
You folks probably know about this link anyway, but if not....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

thistle
08-28-2005, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mudskipper/HUVS.jpg

that is one mean looking hurricane.Wish all in the way good luck.
Been there 2 years ago.

ibewgypsie
08-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Hate to say it.. it came to my mind thou and you know I can't hold my tongue..

IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE FLUSHED A TOILET...

Sorry LOuisiana.. Didn't mean that as a cut.. just the swirl is HUGE.

Ya'll come up heah, I got a dry porch youns can camp under.

sandman2234
08-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Actually the toilet flushing will be what it looks like after it goes ashore. Hurricanes tend to make cesspools out of a lot of nice buildings.
I know of at least one Cajun that will be safe. We have a house guest that was supposed to return to La Saturday. Got up and couldn't find his motorcycle key, so we are waiting till Monday when the mail runs, to get a spare. I can't imagine the weather he would have driven into...
You guys on the Gulf Coast take care, and get out of the path of that thing.
David from jax

thistle
08-28-2005, 06:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mudskipper/windspeed.jpg

Kind of difficult toget an idea of what 175 mph of wind is till you look at this graph .
People will be dying out there.

[This message has been edited by thistle (edited 08-28-2005).]

charlie coghill
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Good luck to all of you guys on the gulf coast.