PDA

View Full Version : Parker Metalworking Feedback

derekg
08-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi,

I was looking into getting a plasma cutter and saw the ads for the Parker 3-in-1 setup. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I haven't heard of them before and didn't know if it was a rebrand or their own gear. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Derek

Ries
08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Never heard of em.
Which is a bad sign, as I am a bit of a catalog junkie.

When buying a plasma cutter, your best bet is to stick with either hypertherm, or thermal dynamics.
Both build the best in the biz, and are head and shoulders above the nearest competition.

next down would be a miller, lincoln, or HTP.
HTP is imported, from Italy, with very limited repair and parts availability, but a good deal for the money.

Miller and Lincoln dont make all of their own plasma cutters, some are even rebadged Hypertherm or thermal dynamics. Plasma cutters are sort of an afterthought to both of them, a percieved need to have a complete line of products, but without a lot of enthusiasm.

Steer clear of Harbor Freight, and chinese imports, which I suspect the parker is.

Save your money, take your time, buy a Hypertherm or a TD. You wont be sorry.

derekg
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks a lot for the input. I'll check the piggy bank for my holiday gift at the end of the year.

Derek

DR
08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I believe Parker is a new kid on the block. It appears they chose a name that implied American, English or European origin.

Based on price, etc I suspect they're from China or a country of equal quality.