PDA

View Full Version : People Who Scare you When on Machine...

Derek13
08-27-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm thinking every shop has one... you know the type... when you're at a machine just about to touch off on a 1/8" thick plate on the surface grinder, fully concentrated on it... they come up behind you and make a sound (the type i know like to do the airplane sounding neeeeern..).

The other day at work i was on the lathe and someone came through with the forklift.. i moved when i saw him coming and i put my box back to where it was... he had come through a few times alreayd and i didn't know how long he was going to be.. nor did i like working with my toolbox beside me, when i'm constantly turning back to put parts on it... check numbers etc.

For whatever reason... he found it nesicarry to BLAST the horn as loud as it would go as i was focusing on a piece i was turning... and i was close to the shoulder too... luckily i have good nerves and dind't jump, or get startled and let the machine crash... which EASILY could have happened... and i don't want to see a toolholder crash into a chuck at 1000rpm with me right beside it.

I realize i was in his way yes... but when he saw me (he could see me from a decent distance) a light tap on the horn is all it takes for me to respectfully move as soon as i can... and i always do... and evne if people don't honk the horn i still move for them. and i mean yeah if i'm in the middle of something, i can't just stop instantly to move... but to wait 3 seconds won't kill him... But to come along behind me while my head was down and focused and blare the horn... that angered me severely.

It's my opinion, and i'm sure you all agree with me, that there should be a NO TOLERENCE whatsoever about scaring people when they're on machines... It's not funny, it never will be funny... and people can get very hurt, and tooling can get trashed... And they seem to always do it to the newer people... the ones who are the most unsteady/unsure/unconfident... the ones who are more likely to jump at a noise...

It's funny how the people that do it are always the ones that would react 10 times worse if you did anything half as bad to them.

I'm only 20... but often times i feel like i'm older than a lot of 35 year olds...

Sorry for the rant but i needed to get it off my chest. i am thinking i will bring up the topic to my superviser... i won't mention any incidents or names... but i think it shoudl be announced that this kind of behaviour isn't appropriate at all and will not be tolerated.

Really though, in a machine shop this should go without saying.

[This message has been edited by Derek13 (edited 08-27-2005).]

mochinist
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I put a little stick on mirror on my cnc, it is the kind that is meant to be stuck to your driving mirrors. It works great and now people can't sneak up on me, all the other machines I use have a pretty clear line of sight so I can see them coming.

A few years ago the bay next to our shop had the local ambulance company repair shop, they would always decide to test the siren when I was doing something like you mentioned, thank god they moved.

IOWOLF
08-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, I was drilling holes one day and "was into it" and Bam a sock ball hit mein the head knocked my glasses off,I turned he was laughing,this pissed me off.the closest thing went flying 20 ft.in his direction he turned and the 3# hammer hit him in the back of the shoulder.He was fired not for safety but for being out of his area,the cops got involved and when they heard the truth he got in trouble with them for fileing a fals report. I had the broken glasses frames to support my story.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

vinito
08-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Well, a hammer to the back of the head isn't a good solution, but I'm not sure I would be able to contain my anger either.

The place where I work is NOISY. Damned blacksmith shop is all it is. It isn't required, but if you don't wear ear plugs you go home with ringing ears. It's not a big deal when the earplugs are in, but what gets to me is the guys carrying a pallet over to where they need it and slapping it down hard onto the floor. **BAM** It happens every thirty minutes - unless you don't have your plugs in, then of course it happens within 30 seconds of removing the plugs and every 60 seconds until you put your plugs back in. Makes me want to punch somebody, even though I know they are just working and not trying to scare anybody. Never learned not to slam a pallet onto the floor I guess.

Derek,
rather than going straight to the supervisor I think it's a good policy always to attempt a face-to-face with people first. It wouldn't hurt to explain to the guy what the safety dangers are in his practice - he might just not know. He might react in a respectful way so no going to the boss is necessary, and if he acts like a smartass instead then he will have had warning before the supervisor has his chat with him. Weigh it out - you know him better than we would.

[This message has been edited by vinito (edited 08-27-2005).]

Davis In SC
08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Any Horseplay in a shop, should be grounds for immediate dismissal !!!! Years ago, I was milling a real intricate part with a tiny cutter... I had my head buried, right up at the workpiece. I heard someone yell "Catch"... It was the plant manager, as he threw an apple at me. As I turned, the stool flew out from under me. And as I fell, I scraped the back of my head on a steel rack. Now wasn't that funny???? A few more inches, might have cracked my skull... & he had the nerve to be mad that I scrapped the part...
In my shop, now, I have a zero-tolerance for BS & Horseplay. I even have Brady signs warning people not to talk to anyone operating a machine...

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Well I reckon you should be able to operate the machine without having to worry about getting run over by a forklift.

If I read you right, that you are standing in the path of the forklift while operating the machine then your beef is not with the guy on the fork but the management for having an unsafe work place.

Get it sorted before you do have an accident.

John.

Wirecutter
08-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Derek13 -
If it's possible (and only you would know), I'd try to approach the guy and get him to not do that kind of s**t. Failing that, I guess the supervisor is the next best thing.

I admire the fact that you didn't fly off the handle. I'm usually a pretty calm and friendly guy, but I'm not sure how I'd react to someone getting their jollies at work by endangering me and my work product. I think that I, just like IOWOLF, would be inclinded to fast-pitch a tool at the offender. With my luck, I'd wind up fired and in jail, unlike the wolf. I file that kind of thing under "burning your bridges".

Whatever happens, best of luck and be safe.

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 06:49 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
Well, I was drilling holes one day and "was into it" and Bam a sock ball hit mein the head knocked my glasses off,I turned he was laughing,this pissed me off.the closest thing went flying 20 ft.in his direction he turned and the 3# hammer hit him in the back of the shoulder.He was fired not for safety but for being out of his area,the cops got involved and when they heard the truth he got in trouble with them for fileing a fals report. I had the broken glasses frames to support my story.

</font>

Sorry two wrongs don't make a rite.

I would have sacked you both, end of story.

John.

wierdscience
08-27-2005, 07:07 PM
We had a 18 or so YO punk at work,total a--hole.He would sneak up behind me and hit me on the arm as hard as he could and then run away.
I told him not to ever again several times but he kept on doing it.I told the boss and he did talk to him,but a couple days later he kept on going.Well I got tired of having a constant 3" bruise on my left arm.
One day I was turning a part in the lathe and I caught a glimpse of him sneaking up in the plexi chip shield,he hit me,but this time I was ready and spun around.I stepped on his foot so he couldn't leave and popped him in the nose which instantly sprang a leak.Once he got the blood stopped he started whining"awh man I was only kidding"To which my response was"well I was only kidding too,see what happens when I get serious"never had anymore trouble again.

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 08-27-2005).]

IOWOLF
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
John,I admit, it was wrong,And you would have been "rite" to do fire me. However,in my state of mind you would have to go to the dentist or hospital. nothing against you,mind you but 3 wrongs do get a right,and a left.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

Mcgyver
08-27-2005, 07:19 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Derek13:

I'm only 20... but often times i feel like i'm older than a lot of 35 year olds...

[This message has been edited by Derek13 (edited 08-27-2005).]</font>
I’ve got to comment on the age thing…..often I see people talking like this Derek, as if there is something wrong with being 20 or that they are apologizing for it. Don't! Being 20 does not preclude you from being intelligent, thoughtful and conscientious – virtuous qualities in any vocation. Being over 35 doesn't preclude idiocy, poor manners and inconsideration. To your post, you will encounter a$$holes in business or life at any age…its how you deal with them that will test your mettle and affect you.

I agree with Wirecutter, try to talk to him first. If you can do this in calm, non-challenging manner, that isn’t like playground retaliation, usually the other guy ends up feeling like a bit of a boob for doing it in the first place. If he is into grade school antics, hostility from you just fuels the fire – subconsciously he’s looking to improve his dull life with some drama. If you don’t get the reaction you want from a respectful chat, you’ve lost nothing – you know you’ve taken the high road and the super option is still open.

Aging does bring experience and perhaps less of a hot head approach to situations, but there’s no magical metamorphosis – you are still the same person - so don’t feel that you view is less valid important because you’re 20. Sounds like you’ve got a pretty level headed outlook.

[This message has been edited by Mcgyver (edited 08-27-2005).]

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 07:48 PM
John,I admit, it was wrong,And you would have been "rite" to do fire me. However,in my state of mind you would have to go to the dentist or hospital. nothing against you,mind you but 3 wrongs do get a right,and a left.

</font>

Uea, that is just stupid talk.

John.

IOWOLF
08-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Lets just be glad neither of us would have to test it.
It was a while back and I would hope I am wiser now.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

Rustybolt
08-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Last guy that did that to me got a casting dropped on his foot.A heavy one.

ibewgypsie
08-27-2005, 08:14 PM
One spinning backfist and "nobody" wants to sneak up on you. then, they throw hubcaps from twenty feet away. And Laugh like idiots. One guy used to like to fill tubing up with ox/act and light it off, make me run ten feet.

Yeah I hate the morons too. No place for it.

He giggler at Combustion Engineering years ago, walked up to this guy, hit him in the butt with a air nozzle and pulled the handle. The jet stream burst the guys intestines and killed him. 150psi don't play around. It'll screw your eyeballs up knocking your lens right off your eye.

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Lets just be glad neither of us would have to test it.
It was a while back and I would hope I am wiser now.

</font>

Yea I hope so too. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

An employer has to provide a safe work place by doing things like putting guards on machinery etc. Having someone who throws tools & fists around is just like an unguarded machine, unfortunately the remidy is not so easy and dismissal is the only reliable option.

John.

IOWOLF
08-27-2005, 08:33 PM
OK, I am fired already, now pay me my U/I and be out of my life.
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

------------------
The tame Wolf !

john hobdeclipe
08-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Like many of us, I “get into” what I’m doing…I concentrate closely on the work at hand.

Had a guy once who thought it was really funny to sneak up behind me while I’m brazing saw teeth and jab me in the ribs. I politely asked him not to do it any more. He continued. I TOLD him not to do it any more. He didn’t listen.

Then I realized that if I moved my brazing jig to the other end of the table, I could glance up and see a reflection in the window of what was behind me.

So here he comes, slipping up behind me, and I’m ready. He jabs me in the ribs, and I jerk around and rake the acetylene torch up his arm. And I told him the next time it will be his pretty face and both whiskers, too. That was the end of it.

Our memories are very closely allied to aromas. I often wonder what this guy thinks of when he catches a whiff of singed hair nowadays.

Mcgyver
08-27-2005, 08:38 PM
now pay me my U/I and be out of my life.

</font>

goddamn left wing liberals http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

Forrest Addy
08-27-2005, 08:41 PM
I've heard the stories and seen jokes turn into nasty accidents. I have no sense of humor with practical jokers. I let that be known early on when I go into a strange shop.

Within the first few days the topic of jokers comes up and the local wise guy is pointed out to me. About then I let it be known as a polite request at first that I won't tolerate practical jokes or horseplay in my work area because of the danger if anything goes wrong.

When I get hand cleaner in my air nozzle or my lunchbox is filled with scrap iron I track down the wise guy whether he did it or not. I beat on his work bench for word by word emphisis with my 15" crescent wrench and spraying spit as I tell him in a low voice quivering in righteous anger to never to play tricks on me. With my age, size, and acting experience I can make this very effective though I make no threats.

A big wrench is very a very handy pursuader. You can bounce it off a forklift ROP cage, a chip enclosure, a work bench, and it instantly stifles exuberent spirits. It announces that you are ready to instantly escalate mano-a-mano stare-downs into bloody conflict if the perp ever involves you in pranks, practical jokes, or horseplay.

I have no patience at all with that sort of nonsense. A shop is dangerous enough.

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 09:05 PM
OK, I am fired already, now pay me my U/I and be out of my life.

</font>

HeHe yes it's an ugly job but has to be done. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif No hard feelings, on ya bike. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

John.

hammerhead74000
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
&gt;&gt; I have no patience at all with that sort of nonsense. A shop is dangerous enough.

Nor I. The first time I catch somebody pulling that sort of a stunt I politely, but firmly, tell them to get off my property, and stay off. The first time I see them on my property thereafter I call the cops (trespassing, don't cha' know!)

If it can hurt you, don't play with it:

Explosives
Caustic chemicals
Toxic materials
High-power tools
Sharp objects
Ionizing Radiation

... and other stuff, too! http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//eek.gif

zl1byz
08-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Forrest ROFLMAO especially when I got to the bit about spraying spit.

Look I prommise to behave from now on, just put the wrench down will ya. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

John.

ibewgypsie
08-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Dee, Mikes Wife, took my "fart machine" and carried it around in her pocket at the hospital.. She is a RN and We have corrupted her over the years.

Now that is funny. A nurse who lets the worst ripping farts and looks around. Humor like that don't hurt people.

Moving equipment or dangerous places, items make it not so funny. I got enough scars. Mental and flesh.

C. Tate
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
That type of act was punishable by termination when I ran the family shop. I would chew your ass for dropping skids etc and making that type of noise.

hollister
08-27-2005, 11:48 PM
I cannot stand folks like that and many times wanted to throw something but did not.
the more you react the more they pick unless you are willing to really knock them back.
At my last place a guy came up behind me and tapped my shoulder while I was tapping a 0000-160 hole. freakin miricle that tap did not break. I just love having my own shop now.

imakechips
08-28-2005, 01:49 AM
The thing I don't understand is why you have to move your box for the forklift to get by? WTF were the stuporvisors thinking when they allowed a machine to be placed in an aisleway? The lathe needs to be moved, right now! Eventually someone IS going to get hurt if the current arrangement isn't changed.

When I read the title I thought it was going to be about people scaring you when THEY are running machines. I work with a couple of people like that, and I try not to be around when they are on the machine next to mine! A broken piece of carbide sailing into my head doesn't sound like my idea of a fun day.

zl1byz
08-28-2005, 01:58 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imakechips:
The thing I don't understand is why you have to move your box for the forklift to get by? WTF were the stuporvisors thinking when they allowed a machine to be placed in an aisleway? The lathe needs to be moved, right now! Eventually someone IS going to get hurt if the current arrangement isn't changed.

</font>

Couldn't agree more. That was what I was trying to say in my first post. I'm glad someone else agrees.

John.

hollister
08-28-2005, 02:41 AM
"When I read the title I thought it was going to be about people scaring you when THEY are running machines. "

Oh yeah, my ex-boss's sons work area had a square hole in the wall from a flycutter bit. the superviser two shops ago would leave the wrench on the BP drawbar and ocasionally forget about it. BANG!

Weston Bye
08-28-2005, 07:14 AM
I worked in a TV and stereo shop 30 years ago. Most of the stuff I worked on was solid state stereo, but also repaired some old tube-type video monitors. I would occasionally work while the set was powered up, looking for intermittents or doing alignments, high voltage everywhere. Once when I was in deep concentration, a joker in the shop came by and jabbed me in the ribs and made a BUZZZT! sound. I jumped a little, sufficient for the joker's amusement, but the rush of addrenaline made my hands shakey for some time afterward, slowing me down. As we were paid by the repair, my income was affected for a while.
I waited until the joker got deep into a repair (solid state, no high voltage) and sneaked up behind him with a can of tuner wash and a long slender nozzle. Without him noticing, I slid the nozzle between the chair and his crack, far enough that when I triggered a short squirt, his testicles recieved the benefit of the wet, cold liquid. He gave a yell, jumped up, knocking over the chair and scattering tools, and parts around the bench.
After I had his full attention, I suggested that we stop doing this sort of thing, and quietly added that no matter what he tried with me, I would always do him one better because I had more imagination. All horseplay ended.

Yes, I realized then, as well as now that releasing pressurized substances in close proximity to body orifices can be dangerous.

Wes

Your Old Dog
08-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Derek, sounds to me like you got a real problem. I read that you are 20 years old. Unless you are a high school dropout you probably haven't been on the job very long. This means, in most shops, you face the ire of being a wise ass if you go to management.

You have another problem, unless you own the place, it's gonna be damned hard getting your machine moved out of the traffic pattern. It's probably been that way for years, here comes a "kid" (don't go there, in the eyes of the guys he works with he's a kid) who's gonna tell them how to setup their shop ! yea right !

I think Vinito offered up the best advice. I'd explain to the guy that your young, like and need your job and are having enough trouble concentrating on on the task at hand that this use of the horn could cause a problem for you. If he's a "shop goffer" he may have no idea how much concentration is involved. You might tell him to "bump" the horn button when he's 30 feet away or so.

Most of the guys on this board are older and have been in place much longer than you. If it were me, I'd take Forrest"s 18" Crescent wrench and nail the son-of-a-bitch upside the left temple but then I'm on retirement's door step and my working life is pretty much behind me. You, you're in a entirley differant situation. You let the guys start saying you're a whinner and you may or may not get support from the others. They can make life really hard for you if they want.

You are right to make the observation of your age. In this scenario, it's a big deal.

Good luck and if you do go for the wrench option remember, no half-way measures http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Wirecutter
08-28-2005, 02:04 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mcgyver:

Originally posted by Derek13:

[This message has been edited by Derek13 (edited 08-27-2005).]</font>
I’ve got to comment on the age thing…..often I see people talking like

Likewise on the age. At my age, I'd struggle to find a professional way to fix this particular problem, but at 20, I would have had some kind of knee-jerk retaliation that would probably have cost me my job, and possibly my freedom. Derek13 deserves some credit for not doing something stupid.

And yeah, you have to wonder about a shop layout that has a machine operator having to get out of the way for passing forklifts. In some parts of the world, that would be called a place apt to injuries and lawsuits.

J Tiers
08-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Title made me think of folks whose abilities (or lack if ability) scare you. People voted most likely to spin the work off the lathe and into your head.......

Yeah, fighting, even to defend yourself, normally gets you fired anywhere. Check employee handbook........

Personally, I'd rather be fired than killed, so I'd fight BACK if it got to that, but........

sandman2234
08-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Sometimes machines are placed in the only spot you have left. Or sometimes forklifts have to go past them to do something in an area that normally isn't required. Stopping the machine operator from running his machine is a hassle, but in a cramped shop, sometimes it is the only option. Not having run a machine day in and day out, I can't say for that operator, but I do know forklifts, and have been know to have to squeeze one into an area with no room to spare.
Blowing your horn is what is taught to forklift operators, but that is where a little bit of common sense comes into play. Blowing it 30 feet away would be outside in some of the shops I have been around! (lol)
Forklifts are large enough, that if one pulls up behind you, and quietly waits, your going to notice it sooner or later. They usually aren't ugly enough to scare you, and with the forks pointing in the direction they go, you can usually tell just what they have in mind.
Having to keep moving the toolbox would be a pain, but walking over to it would be also, so they did what they had to.
Moving the machine is most shops, just isn't going to happen. Right or wrong, is is there, and you probably are going to have to work with it.
If the machine is in the mormal path of the forklift every day, consider looking into making openings in walls and such to allow it a different path.
All else fails, start training on a different machine.
David from jax

Footnote:
Sneak up on me and scare me, and I will tend to react in a manner not entirely befitting the Southern Gentleman that I strive so hard to be.

------------------
Have gun, will travel.

spope14
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
This is in the student literature handed out the very first day. Students and parents are expected to read a handbook of policy and sign a waiver stating they read the policy. here is my policy for horseplay, and a drug free shop.

Horseplay and Negligence: Habitual negligence, any horseplay or willingly creating an unsafe environment for others will immediately result in a suspension of the student from shop activities, and may result in dismissal from the class. Safety regulations in this shop are not negotiable.

Drug Free Workplace: The Claremont School District is a “Drug Free” workplace. All applied laws and consequences apply to all who are in school facilities, on school grounds, and may be applicable to travel times between classes. Please be aware of this.

3 Phase Lightbulb
08-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I'll scare the hell out of everyone.. I've been known to walk up to a vertical belt sander holding a 7.5" differential and attempt to turn down the bearing seats .0015" http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

imakechips
08-29-2005, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE] Sometimes machines are placed in the only spot you have left. Or sometimes forklifts have to go past them to do something in an area that normally isn't required. Stopping the machine operator from running his machine is a hassle, but in a cramped shop, sometimes it is the only option. Not having run a machine day in and day out, I can't say for that operator, but I do know forklifts, and have been know to have to squeeze one into an area with no room to spare. [/QOUTE]

An occasional forklift coming through is one thing, but one coming through on a regular basis is entirely different. If the forklift is coming through on a regular basis, the machine needs to be moved, no "this is the only option" stuff. The current situation is inviting disaster. Eventually, someone is going to damage the machine, or worse, the person operating that machine will be injured due to negligence on the part of the shop owner or supervisor.

Calmly and politely explain to whomever is in charge that the lathe needs to be moved and why, or the forklift traffic needs to be routed elsewhere in the shop. Also explain that your productivity is suffering because you constantly have to stop to move something so the forklift can get by. Machine shops are dangerous enough without having to worry about someone disturbing your concentration.

[This message has been edited by imakechips (edited 08-29-2005).]

[This message has been edited by imakechips (edited 08-29-2005).]

Steven G. Trosper
08-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Back in 1988 when U.S. Can took over the plant, we got a new supervisor who liked to walk up and pinch your elbow! It hurt and he would also punch some people in the stomach because he was an a**hole!

The maintainer I worked with at the time, had been a Green Beret, in fact, he was in Viet Nam with Barry Sadler, the one who wrote "The Ballad of the Green Berets".

This supervisor came up to Riley one day, punched him in the stomach and Riley hit him back in the stomach-HARD!

The supervisor dropped to one knee and Riley, in a very soft voice said, and I quote, "We're not going to do that, anymore. Are we!"

That supervisor never again touched Riley.

Should Riley have been fired for hitting a supervisor? Probably, but then, why was a supervisoer allowed to act like that in the first place?

In 1968, when I first started up at the plant, we had a guy who liked to punch people in the ribs. An eletrician was welding on something out in the plant and this guy poked him in the ribs. This made the elctrician jump and he dropped the torch and nearly burned his leg. He took off after the guy and when he got him he pulled him into the office and told them what he had done and told them it was either him or the jokster. The jokster was terminated immediately.

They also had a meeting with everyone about poking and punching and how it will not be tolerated-period.

jkilroy
08-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Truthfully a shop can be a very dangerous place and throwing idiots into the mix never helps.

Paul Alciatore
08-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I have a couple of observations after reading this thread.

The forklift operator reminds me of a lot of semi drivers. They own the road and only what they are doing is important. Everyone else around them should immediately stop what they are doing and get out or their way. And YES, that machine needs to be moved.

The talk about this kind of behavior being related to youth is probably true. Just consider, the young guys in their 20s have just gotten out of high school where they were taught that they could always get away with that kind of behavior by the ineffective discipline. It's no wonder that they behave that way.

Paul A.

Bond
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul Alciatore:
I have a couple of observations after reading this thread.

The forklift operator reminds me of a lot of semi drivers. They own the road and only what they are doing is important. Everyone else around them should immediately stop what they are doing and get out or their way. And YES, that machine needs to be moved.

The talk about this kind of behavior being related to youth is probably true. Just consider, the young guys in their 20s have just gotten out of high school where they were taught that they could always get away with that kind of behavior by the ineffective discipline. It's no wonder that they behave that way.

Paul A.</font>
Are the forklift operators licensed,if not someone needs to get them licensed.They act like they own the road but they dont.I am licened and my bosses do not put up with horseplay and no one should.The ones that like to hit would be in jail[battery]