PDA

View Full Version : Again Truck Accesories

madman
08-26-2005, 08:50 AM
I wasnt even drunk honest. HM I reread my previous post and didnt really understand it either. Anyhow I will try again. The rear sliding window in a pickup truck has a cheap plastic latch. There were metal replacement latches made years ago that simply slid onto the glass and had a mating part that fit on the other side. When the window was slid shut you could couple fasten attach the two mating units together and close and fasten shut and there you have it a window that will stay closed. It is not a anti theft device. I am getting some giant capacitors and will attempt with the help of my electronic engineer friend to turn my truck into a giant taser like device. Just touch it when armed and half million volts at super low amperage will hopefully zap you into a unconscious twitching mess. Hopefully it will make them soil there underpants.I will find some drunks at the bar to try it out on. Like Hey Man (At 2 in the morning) I saw a bottle of rye and a big baggie of herb in that green truck over there. When they sidle up to steal ZAp. We will see. I might talk to my lawyer first though. I could just picture a few people laying semi comotose all around my Parked truck. I would probably grab there wallets and go shopping after a couple of boots to there heads. HaHa.

Tinkerer
08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
If you turn your truck into a giant stunner and someone happens to touch it be it thief or Aunti Em. You'll most likely be the one in trouble and they'll hang your balls to the wall. You can alert... deter but not booby trap. Sucks but that's the way it is.

webbch
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm not sure I entirely understand you're planning to try. Are you planning to electrify the sheet metal on the entire vehicle, or just the latch on the sliding rear window? If just the latch, doesn't sound like a bad idea. Some of those SRW's are VERY EASY to break into -- a butter knife from the local diner is sufficient to do the job without any damage to the vehicle (I've had to do that on a chevy pickup before that had the keys locked in it)

If the whole vehicle will be live, sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen IMO. Ever happen to brush against another vehicle in a cramped parking space? A completely innocent victim in that case = lawsuit.

Chad

Furnace
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Sad when you cant protect your own possesions from some crack head POS

CCWKen
08-26-2005, 06:21 PM
To "lock" the slider, all you have to do is make a rod that will drop down into the lower track. Make two--One for each side. You might put a tang on them so you can pull them out when you want.

The problem is if someone wants in bad enough, they'll take the whole truck and work on it later.

matador
08-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Whatever happened to the"good-old-fashioned brick through the window"?Even the crims ain't what they used to be http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

------------------
Hans

Bond
08-26-2005, 10:03 PM
The lock you are asking about is sold in hardware stores,[Lowes ect.....]in doors and windows.

3 Phase Lightbulb
08-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Back in high school, one of my friends kept getting his car radio stolen. We glued some razor blades under his dash. He went to get into his car one day and noticed the door was open. He soon realized blood all over his seat, on his stearing wheel, on the inside door handle and all over the carpet.. I remember him saying he would have rather put a new radio in than spend all that time cleaning up the blood..

-Adrian

madman
08-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Experementing with monster bull electric fence shockers. I got a nice jolt from one. PS dont ever piss on a electric fence.OUCH.

CCWKen
08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Electric fence chargers are for keeping the livestock IN. Down here, we have guns to keep the people OUT. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Get one that's battery/solar operated. Tie it in to your remote locks or alarm system with a relay. Doors lock, charger comes on. You may want to put diodes on all your engine and ECM grounds though. I'm not sure what 50,000 volts will do to your ECM computer. Probably not good stuff.