PDA

View Full Version : Our Gulf Coastal Buddies

lynnl
08-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Ibew raised the question of Weird's status on another thread, but I thought I'd mention again, that Weird and J Hartson and some others (cntryboy) are (were?) domiciled in/around the Biloxi/Gulfport/Pass Christian MS area, which took the brunt of Katrina's punishment.

I'm sure we all share great concern for the well-being of all of them and their families and friends. But judging from the news reports I'm doubtful that we'll be hearing from them anytime soon, unless they happened to evacuate with a laptop and logon from some spared location. ...but their priorities may (understandably) be directed elsewhere.

If anyone does hear from any of them please pass it on.

With it's greater population, naturally New Orleans always draws the most attention. But it seems like coastal Mississippi always takes the biggest hit.

aboard_epsilon
08-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Yup I do hope they are ok.
I've just been to the msn news site ....
there are videos there of the devastation.....
boy it looks like the've been hit by an A-bomb.
whole concrete buildings of 10 stories and more have been moved yards.
anyone that was shacked up in that area .....Gulfport i think.......would not have stould a chance.
I do hope our friends are ok.
all the best..mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 08-30-2005).]

IOWOLF
08-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Don't tell Hoffman there are machines under water down there he'll be there in a flash.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

andy_b
08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
Don't tell Hoffman there are machines under water down there he'll be there in a flash.

</font>

judging by the news videos, Hoffman may have a lot of competition to see who can get the most machines (and other items) first. i'm glad i'm not a law enforcement official down there. i'd shoot every looter i saw and just let their bodies float away in the debris.

andy b.

IOWOLF
08-31-2005, 06:57 AM
They are not even takeing names of the perps. one gal said "its a matter of servival" she had clothes and a boom box from a walmart in a cart. others were pushing there kids in a cart to keep them out of the nasty water.

------------------
The tame Wolf !

Rustystud
08-31-2005, 07:13 AM
Lynnl:

My heart goes out to those in the path of this horrible storm. We here in North Carolina have taken a beating over the last 12 year with hurricanes. I know our state and industries here have already started sending men and supplies to the areas hit by this storm. It is going to take these ares hit by this storm months and even years to recover.
Rustystud