PDA

View Full Version : Tilting table I got from Enco

Michael Az
09-01-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm so upset about New Orleans and the failures of our government I thought I would post this to try and get my mind settled down a little.
Some time back I had need of a tilting table for making shear blades for a customer. I checked Enco and noticed they had theirs on sale. I ordered a 10" X 15" for $112 and free shipping code. Before I ordered I checked ebay and found Reliable Tool had several used tables the same size. I sent them an email and they were chinese made also. They went for close to $150 & shipping.
So today the table arrived and I held my breath as I opened the box as my experience with chinese tools is it could be ok or it could be junk. After taking it apart and cleaning it up I set it on the surface plate and put the indicator on it and got a surprise as it was only .004 off from one end to the other. I will put it on the surface grinder and make it better but feel it is good enough for general shop work the way it came.
So I'm very pleased with it, even though it isn't a Surburban, it should work out well.
With the price increases in fuel we know shipping is going to go up and I wouldn't be surprised if enco does away with their free shipping deal. So if you have a need for a tilting table, now may be a good time.
your new enco adjustable tilting table (http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=DL418-4204&PMPANO=0312970&PMKANO=47&PMKBNO=1185&PMPAGE=32&PARTPG=INLMPI)
Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael Az (edited 09-01-2005).]

Michael Az
09-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Dang, now I've created a post that makes you scroll. Can somebody tell me how to post a linc to avoid this?
Michael

mochinist
09-01-2005, 11:27 PM
your new enco adjustable tilting table (http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=DL418-4204&PMPANO=0312970&PMKANO=47&PMKBNO=1185&PMPAGE=32&PARTPG=INLMPI)

The code to post like this remove the "1" I placed so the code would show
[1url=http://www.use-enco.com]your new enco adjustable tilting table[/url1]

edited so as to not have to scroll

P.S. no prob Michael

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 09-01-2005).]

Michael Az
09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Hey, thanks Mochinist, I corrected it. Thanks!!
Michael

Paul Alciatore
09-02-2005, 06:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mochinist:

The code to post like this remove the "1" I placed so the code would show
[1url=http://www.use-enco.com]your new enco adjustable tilting table[/url1]

edited so as to not have to scroll

P.S. no prob Michael

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 09-01-2005).]</font>

So, looking at the URL code in the editing window, while I write this reply, I see a URL in square brackets, followed by a plain text message to display after it and all of the above wrapped in the [U R L = and / U R L markers. Is that the secret to making smaller links? (I added spaces to prevent it from being posted as a URL.

Paul A.

Evan
09-02-2005, 06:31 PM

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 09-02-2005).]

John Stevenson
09-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Michael,

I bought the smaller model a while ago from one of our UK supliers of import tools.
It had a planed finish to the cast iron, looked decently made except for the marking.
Some thick, some thin and the numerals in that font that leaves you knowing they are Chinese.
All in all I was pleased with it especially for the price.

Two weeks ago I was picking some parts up from another importer and he asked me if I wanted to look at some new lines they were doing.
Amongst these parts was one of these small tables but now they were surface ground all over, divisions and fonts all laser etched on perfect.

Just that week I had literally spent two days on the phone trying to get some big 14" x 1" thick disks surface ground to 8 micron finish for a customers job.
After two days I realised that either we can't grind to 8 micron anymore or we don't want the work judging by the prices.

And then I come across this cheap run of the mill import that's ground on faces that don't even matter and I'm sure they were close to 6 micron.

This is how fast and how easily the Chinese are adapting to market trends.

John S.

gvasale
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
got one 7x10 from enco. looks are ok, but three different t-slot sizes. gawd, made in India. I'd rather have Chinese if they're like Phase II products.

Michael Az
09-03-2005, 02:50 AM
John, yes this one is ground all around. Nicely stamped numbers and graduations. The Chinese are definaltely getting better. I bought another table about six months ago and it is horrible. They welded some casting pockets closed and in general just a piece of junk. I really believe this stuff is comming from factories all over the country and some factories are doing good work and others are terrible. I bet nobody has ever seen a factory name on something made in china!
gvasale, yes india is about the bottom of the barrel!
Michael

Treven Baker
09-03-2005, 04:20 AM
How do you get the free shipping code?

NiftyNev
09-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Oops!

[This message has been edited by NiftyNev (edited 09-03-2005).]