X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chkz
    • Oct 2003

Dumore 44 tpg

Hey guys, I very fortunately came across a dumore tool post grinder the other day! An unbelievable deal. Wanted one of these for along time now...

The motors good and except for the belt guards pretty much everything is there...I've searched through the archives here, and checked out the Dumore site (I'll call them monday, see if I can get a manual copy)...my question is: How does the spindle ass'y come apart???

thanks,
    Chris
  • chkz
    • Oct 2003

just bumpin' this up to the top....hoping for a reply before I follow my natural urge and "just do it"...lol...

Comment

• J Tiers
      • Jan 2004

Which one is it? There are only about 25 models and more sub-models......
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• DR
        • Jan 2003

Chris,

I have a 44. No literature though.

Why do you want to take the spindle apart? Bad bearings? I believe they use high precision bearings in these spindles, you may want to check with Dumore before taking any action. These type bearings can be damaged by improper handling/assembly.

Not sure if this is a current model, there may not be bearings available. That's the situation with my Dumore die grinder. It was a popular model in it's day, but replacement bearings are no longer available.

Comment

• Fred White
          • Sep 2003

Well, they still show the model 44 on their web site....

Comment

• chkz
            • Oct 2003

Hi guys,
            its a B-series model 44. They DO use precision bearings. There's a bit in the archives on here about them and i AM taking it apart because the bearings are shot. Looks like this thing just sat for about 20 years. The brushes & commutator arent even worn. Looks like it was used once, or else stored someplace particularly dusty as it was pretty much "full of crud". I'm changing the motor bearings too (though they'd last a while no doubt) but they're just 87502's. Thanks.

Comment

• DR
              • Jan 2003

If it hasn't been used in years maybe the bearings are just dry.

How about oiling it and running it very slow, gradually increasing the speed as you add more oil.

I use a Variac to control the speed on these type motors.

Comment

• Davis In SC
                • Jul 2005

I have a 44 Dumore, although I have not used it since I found a Covel Cylindrical Grinder.. To the best of my knowledge, it is the largest Dumore that has an integral spindle... I never tried to take mine apart, but I figure it is a job for an expert... There are balance & preload issues with a grinder spindle.. As far as the belt guard goes, I never used the guard, as it always seemed to be in the way.. However, I highly recommend that it is always in place before turning grinder on...

Comment

Working...
                X