PDA

View Full Version : Another Boss question - MDI

rockrat
09-05-2005, 08:42 AM
After looking at this, I got to thinking.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/c7/60/eb_1_b.JPG

I thought that it would be nice to have a newer Boss mill so that I could enter i,j and k at the pendant.

But when I look at this pendant, it does not have i, j or k on it. I had always just set myself pointed toward the fact that I would have to write a little code and punch it for the machine to get arcs.

So, am I missing something basic? Can one indeed get i, j and k in there using some key sequence? If not, why would the engineers leave this off?

While we are at it, why does my toast fall butter side down every time I screw up and drop it?
rock-

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 09-05-2005).]

John Stevenson
09-05-2005, 09:12 AM
I think the BOSS works with R and not I,J,K
Been years will have to get the book out.

Note to self No you won't it's as dead as Monty Pythons parrot, move on with life.
Slap.

Toast ?/
Good idea, two slices coming up.

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 09-05-2005).]

ibewgypsie
09-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I was gonna hook that waterproof thing up with my keyboard emulator in it.

I don't give a... yeah..

ROck, Are you going to learn something old or build something new? AIn't nothing like learning dead languages. I got a pascal book here too if you get in the mood. Perhaps a basic book, a Cobol?

David

rockrat
09-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I know, I know, but its been bugging me since I got the machine. I'm the type that will sit up late trying to prove out what I already know, only because I saw something once that made me second guess. Insanity? Probably.

Which reminds me to get back to read more on Mach3. And buy a breakout board. And.... And.... And.....

rock-