PDA

View Full Version : 4 years today

Alistair Hosie
09-11-2005, 09:33 AM
God Bless our brothers and sisters in the USA on this sad day 4 years on.Alistair

rkepler
09-11-2005, 09:54 AM
..and those of every country who had loved ones perish from the terrorist attacks before and after 9/11.

Forrest Addy
09-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Thank you, Alistair. It was a grim time for us 4 years ago. We endured nothing like the Blitz but an attack on our own soil was still a monstrous shock to us.

Norman Atkinson
09-11-2005, 03:05 PM
The weight of this time, we must obey.
Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.
From King Lear

mochinist
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
9/11 tribute (http://www.caldavid.com/911/911.swf)

Rich Carlstedt
09-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Amen !

SJorgensen
09-12-2005, 02:12 AM
When you are SLAPPED in the face you start to pay attention. We…. in the United States are starting to Pay Attention. Whether or not this is right or wrong.

There are a dozen or more of possible spins to this from the point of view of a citizen.. It could range from "If you pay any attention to this, you are only serving the enemy."

I used to think this too. Until I learned that Osama Bin Laden was a Bush family friend.

Bush hasn't really expended the nations assets to capture or kill him. Even though we all know that he orchestrated the attack and paid for it and that he was a close family friend of the Bushes.

I believe Bush knew that an attack was underway before September 11, 2001. Yet he chose to do NOTHING about it.

The evidence is mounting fast. I have more than convincing evidence and I think that Bush will be indicted.

Of course things can get worse, before they get better. Bush is taking over the Supreme Court.

My opinion is that G.H.W. Bush is guilty of murder. Margie Schoedinger is only one case. Other than that he has well hidden skeletons and less hidden skeletons. Yet in the years since Bush took office, he has done nothing but reduce human beings to skeletons. He has no empathy.

Barbara Bush is his mother. Her quote of the last few days was telling. She stated that the people who were sheltered were even better off because they were “underprivileged” and that being housed in the astro-dome was a “step up”.

George Bush was raised in a gated community. He doesn’t know how the real world works. He thinks like Marie Antoinette. They should just "eat cake".
How disconnected can a person get?

Bush should have some extreme changes of experience. Empathy isn't learned except from experience. George Bush has NONE!

If his beautiful daughters served in the useless campaigns he has expended our best youth on I might give him credit.

His daughters.

The cost of the war.

HE HAS NO REAL CONSEPT of the true cost of war.

I'm sorry brothers. I hate this idiot Bush.
I can't wait till he is gone.

John Stevenson
09-12-2005, 02:42 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Forrest Addy:
Thank you, Alistair. It was a grim time for us 4 years ago. We endured nothing like the Blitz but an attack on our own soil was still a monstrous shock to us. </font>

The Blitz was nothing compared to having to live next to the Scots for 2,000 years.
We are currently trying to get a UN grant to rebuild Hadrians Wall.

John S.

speedy
09-12-2005, 03:18 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Stevenson:

The Blitz was nothing compared to having to live next to the Scots for 2,000 years.
We are currently trying to get a UN grant to rebuild Hadrians Wall.
John S.</font>

You have aged remarkably well then John, you don`t look a month over 55 http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif
A UN grant?...you will have to wait for them to get their snouts out of the trough first http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//mad.gif
Ken

Norman Atkinson
09-12-2005, 05:12 AM
The Kiwis are having fun- at our( John) our expense. Really, once we got these so and so's so far South, we could have left them to swim the final half way across the Tasman.Getting out of the sack would have the easy bit.

To think that Captain Cook- a fine Yorkshire man would let these hooligans run riot all over us at Rugby. Then these unmentionable kangaroos from Oz. Well?

To lighten hearts on a serious anniversary could I lighten the gravity- and we all feel that.

Yesterday, the English Sunday Times published the following
The world testicle cooking championships have fallen victim of a hoax. Kangaroo testicles were specially imported( come on own up) for a contestant who claimed to be Australia's top testicle chef, but he never showed up in the competition in Serbia.
It continues with the disappointment of the organisers who claimed that the Serbs like to compare the testicles of a kangaroo to those of wild boars and bulls.

Adjacent to the article is the official trade union dispute by Indian eunuchs against beggars who only pretend to be castrated. Genuine eunuchs have been confronting the imposters and demanding them to show their private parts- and now want the police to do the same.

Happily, it proves one thing- but modesty precludes further comment.

Norman

Alistair Hosie
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey John it took you nearly as long to get a grant to rebuild your toilet wall what are you complaining about http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gifAlistair

tattoomike68
09-12-2005, 10:38 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJorgensen:
I used to think this too. Until I learned that Osama Bin Laden was a Bush family friend..</font>

you are so full of ****.

lynnl
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
And where did you learn that Spence? ...the National Enquirer?

You know, you're not exactly draping yourself in credibility with claims and insinuations like that.

Despite voting for Bush, I don't argue that there's plenty Bush can be criticized for. But to imply that he'd go easy on a terrorist that showed no hesitancy to embarass his presidency is ludricous.

Given the oil connection, it wouldn't be surprising that the Bushes and Bin Ladens had maybe attended some of the same function(s) simultaneously in the past. But that hardly constitutes "close family friends"

Oops. Make that 'ludicrous' http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//redface.gif

[This message has been edited by lynnl (edited 09-12-2005).]

lenord
09-12-2005, 01:01 PM
There was some television show that made the connection between the Bin Laden family and the Bushes....You know, a 60 minutes type of thing. From what I recall of it, the brother of Osama was a partner in GW's first business adventure.
Google it !

Lenord

pockets
09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Old warriors, shawled,
In their front porch rockers.
Looking down the years,
Through their tears,
One to another.
Only they know why,
Their time has come,
Again.

Bein' free ain't free!
Greg B.

------------------
If you're data is anomalous, you've more digging to do.

[This message has been edited by pockets (edited 09-12-2005).]

Alistair Hosie
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Why is it "when pefectly obvious not everyone by a long shot likes or trusts G Bush" that when anyone criticises him in anyway , his supporters immediately resort to verbal abuse and threatening behaviour.Can't you guys allow for different points of view without becoming immediately angry and beligerent???Alistair

Weston Bye
09-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Alistair
Spence attempted to hijack your thread. When a particularly outrageous series of accusations are made, they should not go unchallenged, as silence may be taken as agreement. Tattoomike responded from the heart. Lynnl, who said what I was thinking, and said it better than I could have, gave a more reasoned rebuttal.

Spence, who is otherwise a reasonable thinker and a valued contributor to this BBS, would do well to provide links or quote verifiable sources when he makes such assertions.

Now, back to the topic at hand:
I have some sentiment for the Isles as most of my ancestors came from there - seems that they were successful at producing children and generated a surplus, so began exporting them. Also, the company I work for has a branch in Nottingham and I have been trying unsuccessfully to arrange a visit and fit in a side trip to visit John Stevenson. Perhaps someday...

Thank you for your sentiments.

Wes Bye

Carl
09-12-2005, 11:28 PM
tattoomike68
Member posted 09-12-2005 10:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SJorgensen:
I used to think this too. Until I learned that Osama Bin Laden was a Bush family friend..

you are so full of ****.

That goes without saying...but thanks for saying it anyway Mike.

lugnut
09-12-2005, 11:45 PM
in reply to the dude from Utah,(SJorgensen)
oh, oh, I smell a MORMON! hide you daughters and what ever you do, don't let them into your city, county, or state Government!!

[This message has been edited by lugnut (edited 09-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by lugnut (edited 09-13-2005).]

[This message has been edited by lugnut (edited 09-13-2005).]

Weston Bye
09-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Although I don't agree with Spence, I can't agree with lugnut either. The trouble with religon and politics...

Wes

andypullen
09-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Sjorgenson,

You sound just like my mother in law. She believes all the same crap you're spouting, too. According to her we went to war in Iraq for their oil. My question to her is: where's the oil???

I suppose you believe that Katrina was Bush's fault along with Ophelia out in the Atlantic? And the tsunami last Christmas?

All the liberals claim to have an open mind, and that conservatives don't...What a joke.

Open your eyes, man. You do that; your mind may soon follow.

Otherwise keep believing Michael Moron, the conspiracy theories and the lies from the NY Times, Washington (com)Post, etc.

Thank you, Alistair.

Andy Pullen

[This message has been edited by andypullen (edited 09-13-2005).]

DR
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
"You sound just like my mother in law. She believes all the same crap you're spouting, too. According to her we went to war in Iraq for their oil. My question to her is: where's the oil??? "

I think that's what Bush is wondering. And if oil wasn't the reason for the war, it'd be nice if he told us _exactly_ why he launched the invasion of Iraq.

Bush's current song and dance about continuing the war seems to be, if he doesn't continue it all those 1800+ plus lost lives would be for nothing. Huh??? Nothing will bring those soldiers back. Losing more lives won't honor the already dead.

Bush's popularity rating seems to be steadily dropping. Are all the nasty liberals in the media finally having an effect?

[This message has been edited by DR (edited 09-13-2005).]

lklb
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Bush foes should cool it. He is self destructing as we speak, and taking down the last vestages of the "republican revolution" with him.
The American people might not be that smart , but you bull**** them enough and sooner or later they "get it".
" Family values, rugged individualism,the WAR? on terror" are starting to ring out as warmongering, facist cronyism .
His cohorts in congress are jumping ship as people wake up to what's been going on..................
Unfortunately the other side has a dismal record from their decades in power. Not enough time to establish a new political dynasty before the hispanification of America is complete.Perhaps were Doomed!
Pray that the new leaders of the reconstituted "Ustados Unitos" will be better men than we have been able to elect the last 50 years or so.

lynnl
09-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Some wise person once said "...in a Democracy you get exactly the kind of government you deserve!"

That struck me as profoundly true when I first read it. But the more I've thought about it, it seems (to me at least) more accurate to say ".. your kids and grandkids inherit the kind of government you deserve."

Paul Alciatore
09-14-2005, 11:32 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJorgensen:
When you are SLAPPED in the face.....

I'm sorry brothers. I hate this idiot Bush.
I can't wait till he is gone.</font>

Yea, we need to elect a bleeding heart Democrat who will cow-tow to the terrorists and give them everything they want.

Paul A.

Paul Alciatore
09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andypullen:
Sjorgenson,

You sound just like my mother in law. She believes all the same crap you're spouting, too. According to her we went to war in Iraq for their oil. My question to her is: where's the oil???

Andy Pullen

[This message has been edited by andypullen (edited 09-13-2005).]</font>

Boy is that a good point. If we did it for their oil, why does gas cost $3.00 and rising????? Where's that Oil?????

And where are the critics that were so fast to yell that a few years ago? WHERE ARE THEY????? Why isn't CNN (Commie News Network) putting embarassing questions to them every day? Making THEN squirm?

Paul A.

andypullen
09-14-2005, 01:33 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul Alciatore:
Boy is that a good point. If we did it for their oil, why does gas cost $3.00 and rising????? Where's that Oil?????

And where are the critics that were so fast to yell that a few years ago? WHERE ARE THEY????? Why isn't CNN (Commie News Network) putting embarassing questions to them every day? Making THEN squirm?

Paul A.</font>

Those critics are now complaining about the relief or lack thereof in New Orleans. Makes me sick that those people just get a pass on everything.

Oh, yeah, CNN is owned by a commie loving bleeding heart...That's why they're not doing what you suggest.

Andy Pullen

spope14
09-15-2005, 07:00 AM
Sjorg and all.

Osama's brother is either a businessman or doctor in Boston. Either that, or he has other brothers as well. The Bin Ladens in the US have been here for over 50 years, and almost to a US family member have publically denounced the actions of Osama. I just remember this from 911 and beyond because it was in our local TV Market.

Tatoo - thanks for saying what was on many of our minds.

pockets
09-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Seems like every family has one.....

------------------
If you're data is anomalous, you've more digging to do.

Mcgyver
09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DR:
And if oil wasn't the reason for the war, it'd be nice if he told us _exactly_ why he launched the invasion of Iraq.
</font>

exactly. it better have been for oil or its, "Georgie, you got sum explain'n to do" why else is American spending is economic future and its young men's blood?

on the bin laden brother stuff, Bush is an easy enough target without fabricated crap like that. bin laden's got what, 40 or 50 siblings? (maybe daddy didn't spend enough time with him growing up?)

so what that once upon a time his brother was in a business deal - are all his siblings terrorists?, were any of them back then? and what is the definition of a business deal anyway? if i buy a share of Haliburton, does that make me Cheney's partner??

and why do people defend him or any politician for that matter - do you know him?